Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 Platform Brackets

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
barnum910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnum910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 Platform Brackets
    Posted: May-22-2011 at 4:58pm
Is there anything special about brackets for 1990 ski nautique? I see in ccf store there are brackets for up to 1989 then after that they are different?
I bought a used 1990 ski nautique that had platform and brackets stolen. The platform in ccf seems reasonably priced but I would still need to find brackets. Would the 1989 pair work?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 3:23pm
1990 + brackets are removable...
The platform slides over a base that stay in the hull..

thats the hull bracket.
the plastform side slides over that part
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 3:32pm
To answer the question, NO...the 89 brackets would not work. Unless you wanted to do some custom work :)
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 5:21pm
I think in his case the ones that are for sale in the CCF store for the 81 boats might work...
Better do an inquiry to the seller and let him comfirm if will or not work...Is the hull part (as the one pictured in the photo) still in the transom?
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2011 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

I think in his case the ones that are for sale in the CCF store for the 81 boats might work...

That is highly doubtful. The rise and swing angles of the brackets are usually pretty different from model to model. I would not think that a 80 SN and a 90 SN would match. Get the angle just slightly off (just by a degree or 2) and the brackets will either not match your platform (they'll be toed in or out too much) or the platform itself will be angled incorrectly in the water.

I would call Alloy Marine and speak with them directly.
barnum910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnum910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2011 at 11:50pm
These are the same type of brackets that are on my hull also.
I guess ill check some local marinas that sell correct craft. Or other places you can think of?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 11:45am
Don't think a dealer will be much help. Do like TRBenj said and call Alloy Marine 800-892-1770. Just because the bracket on the boat looks like yours does not mean the bracket portion screwed to the platform is the same. As Tim said the vertical and horizontal angles of the bracket are different for different hulls. Alloy will probably have the specs for the bracket for your hull. If not, they will send you a form showing how to measure to fit your boat, that you fill out and send back. Also Billy/Karen at MyCorrectCraftParts.com (advertiser on this site...phone is better) can help you, I believe they are still a vendor for Alloy Marine.
barnum910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barnum910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 12:08am
I ended up ordering brackets from local dealer and platform from ccf. Should be all set. Thanks for the help.

Where can you get the little stickers at rear sides of hull. one is a triangle and others are rectangles, etc?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2011 at 12:43pm
Marty Mabe is the decal dude around here for the larger type decals and chrome ones for the trailer. Pauly Banana has allot of the smaller warning type decals, special decals and the ski nautique decal on the trailers as well. Check with both those guys and they'll hook you up.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 6:22pm
Will need to do this eventually on my boat. Thanks for blazing the trail for me.

Marty will definitely hook you up with the decals.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

Thanks for blazing the trail for me.

Err, hopefully your reading comprehension skills are a little better!

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Don't think a dealer will be much help. Do like TRBenj said and call Alloy Marine 800-892-1770.

Originally posted by barnum910 barnum910 wrote:

I ended up ordering brackets from local dealer

In case it wasnt perfectly clear, Alloy Marine is the manufacturer of the brackets. They will have a full list of all the boats with the correct rise and swing angles. By buying direct you'll save a bunch of money as well.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2011 at 12:38am
Mike Barnum, I can't reply to you if you don't get me an e-mail. You don't show one in your profile.
The Larger side Hull decals-- White Lake Marine or TimD can help you out. The smaller manufacture decals and the Triangle decal I can help you with. Shoot me an e-mail   mtmabe@northstate.net

Thanks, Marty Mabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic