Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1989 SN Dash Plate - Depth Gauge Placement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1989SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1989 SN Dash Plate - Depth Gauge Placement
    Posted: May-24-2011 at 8:00pm
My dash plate is all busted up, and I would like to replace it. I have found several threads where people have mentioned a pdf file of the 88-89 dash plate that they have successfully used to make a new one. Unfortunately all of the links that have been posted no longer work.

Does anyone have this template file handy? I have access to a CNC laser cutter to make new plates out of either plastic, or perhaps aluminum.

Thanks in advance,
TJ
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 12:17am
TJ--- No e-mail?? Shoot me an E-mail and we'll see what we can come up with.

Marty Mabe

mtmabe@northstate.net
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 2:01am
Marty, I didn't realize that I hadn't posted my email address, oops.

I was able to finally find the pdf, located here: Dash Plate PDF

In other news, I am wanting some opinions on mounting my depth gauge. My boat does not have the typical seating arrangement of the 2001. Instead of the observers seat being a bench, I have what appears to be an original correct craft bucket seat on a rotating mount. I really like this seat, as it frees up so much more space under the bow without having to move the seat.

Anyway, because of this, I have a wide open section of fiberglass next to my dash, that seems to be an ideal spot for the depth gauge. I know that drilling holes is typically frowned on, and that some people put a depth gauge in place of the clock. But my clock works, along with all the other gauges. I've attached a pic of where I'd like to put it, I think it would be covered by the normal observer seat back if anyone wanted to put it back to "original" in the future.

Your thoughts?

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 1:05am
Take the clock out and put in there. Time doesn't matter when on the boat.
Besides your cell has a clock, the radio probably has a clock, and more than likely you have a wrist watch.

DON"T CUT HOLES if you dont have to!!!!!
Mick88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 2:26am
I have an 88 that had a busted dash at every screw. The radio was to heavy and not supported well and caused cracks. Move the radio to the glove box on the dash board. Clock out, dept finder in it's place . Still keeps it OE by giving you the option to put the clock back.   This gives you a good view of the depth finder at a glance.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 11:35am
TJ, I have an 88 and this is a thread I put up years ago on the location of my stereo and Depth finder install. Some think that the display is a knee knocker but haven't even come close yet. Just another idea.

Foot's Stereo/ Depth finder installation
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 1:06pm
I´m another fan of ther remove the clock, did it on my 92..my clock did work but had to reset it every time as i use a batery kill switch when boat is stored...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Mick88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 7:33pm
I would like to know more about the front seat. Did that come factory?
What did PO say about the missing bench ?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 8:19pm
89 sports came out that way..probably this was a special order for a nautique...

whats that piece of wood in the floor for?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 11:36am
I ended up making a bracket like Tim's, but put it on the other side of the dash, as the wood on the dash on the starboard side was too thin to hold a screw, and I didn't feel like mixing up any epoxy. It's only temporary, until I get my new dash plate cut, in which I'll mount the depth gauge where the stereo is now, and put the stereo in the glovebox.

I made a waterbox for the transducer using a 3" pvc cleanout fitting, mounted the transducer to the cap, and used silicone to glue the body to the hull.

Sebastian - My battery is too tall for the lid to sit flush, so I took the lid out and layed that plywood over it while pulling the wires under the dash, battery terminals don't feel good to lay down on.

TJ
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 12:50pm
I have seen the captain's chair on Sports like kapla said and also Dominiques and Barefoots. Post a picture of the whole boat, your pylon looks kind of tall. Are you sure this is a SKI Nautique? Either way, if it works for you that's fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 1:25pm
Kevin, it's definately a Ski Nautique, perhaps with seats from a Sport. It doesn't appear to have any evidence of ever having the typical observers bench installed. Here's the only pic I have of it handy, sitting in the PO's driveway.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 1:32pm
yup that a SN...
Big battery, are you running a big stereo?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 2:07pm
Clearly a Ski Nautique and I don't see any holes in the dash for the observer back rest hinges either. The bench was standard (Deluxe Love Seat), the buckets (Dual Bucket Seats) are actually the option. It is listed in the brochure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1989SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 2:14pm
No big stereo, just a battery that isn't exactly the right dimensions. Its actually the right group size, but the terminals stick up too high and the factory lid doesn't fit right. I just have a hard time justifying spending 150 bucks to replace a battery that works fine. I usually throw that board with a towel wrapped around it and a cooler on top when out on the water. When the battery dies, I'll put the proper one in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic