NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT mini reunion: June 10-12, 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CT mini reunion: June 10-12, 2011
    Posted: May-25-2011 at 4:09pm
What started a month or 2 ago as an attempt to reconnect with the northeast CCF contingent, a nice little mini reunion seems to be in the works. We should have a decent number of boats in attendance- including Uncle Todd's Banana BFN and of course, the Orange Crush. Im not sure who else is planning on yanking boats down, but we have plenty of docking and mooring space to accomodate everyone. There are a handful of bedrooms/couches available, but plenty of room if you want to camp in the yard. Theres a hotel or 2 the next town over as well, but of course thats much less fun! We'll do our best to fit everyone comfortably.

We'll call the Benjamin cottage home base, the address is 52 Sandy Beach Rd, Goshen, CT 06756. All are of course welcome... any questions, just shoot me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com

Hope to see a bunch of you in a few weeks!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 4:16pm
Tim, When you need go north, to Worcester or Boston, do you cut across to 84 and go north to I90 or do you go north like (7) to I90 and then east?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

Tim, When you need go north, to Worcester or Boston, do you cut across to 84 and go north to I90 or do you go north like (7) to I90 and then east?

If heading to NY (Albany area), we'll head due north and pick up the Pike at the MA/NY border (either 63/7/41 or 8/20)... but if we head towards Worcester or Boston, we'll take 84 to the Pike.

You going to be able to head out this way?
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 4:58pm
This might be a possibility for me. I already have plans to go with my GF to visit her parents in Binghamton, NY. She wants to leave early on Sunday to head back to Boston. It looks like Goshen CT is not too far out of the way for the return trip.

Will there be anyone still hanging out on Sunday? Unfortunately, bringing my boat might be a toughie as far as fuel costs. We were going to travel in her Jetta to economize a bit plus I'd have to go NH first to get it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 5:10pm
I'm sliding in Friday at midnight and out early Monday morning.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 5:24pm
Brian, like HW said, there will definitely be plenty of activity on Sun. Not too far out of your way- stop by if you can!
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 5:46pm
I'm working on it. Between sports and work schedules I don't know. There is a tournament in Avon CT. on the 12th. I should be able to RSVP by this weekend.

What is your most dirrect route to 84?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

I'm working on it. Between sports and work schedules I don't know. There is a tournament in Avon CT. on the 12th. I should be able to RSVP by this weekend.

What is your most dirrect route to 84?

Very cool. Tournament is at Old Farms, Im sure.

84 to Rt 4 (Farmington) is the best way to my place. If heading back via Avon, Rt 4 to 202/44 works as well. Old Farms would be about 45 min from us. Id cut over to Rt 4 and pick up 84 there though (via Rt 10, etc) when heading out of town.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 7:58pm
Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 10:12pm
Huh, I will be in DC the week before and fly out friday...maybe I can make a stop up north before we go home.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 11:10pm
Tim,
Cheney and I will be there!
Likely dragging the camper and not the Nautique.

Thanks for the invite and for offering to host everyone- Tyler Lake will never be the same again!

We're looking forward to seeing everyone there.

-Brad
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2011 at 11:24pm
Tim,
Dave, Tom and I plan to arrive early evening Friday and stay till Sunday. We'll be bringing a classic boat. We're looking forward to seeing everyone!
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 12:36am
I will be there Friday night. Leaving work at around 5 probably getting there most likely around 8ish.

I wont be bringing a boat but I plan on going home with a new cuda project!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 12:43am
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

I wont be bringing a boat but I plan on going home with a new cuda project!

Congrats Eric! Everything happens for a reason. I bet you will have that beauty shined up in no time!

Hate to miss this one...
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 12:43am
The 85 ski nautique will be in tow with me, looks likes I will be coming alone as my dad has a retirement party he has to go to for someone, so I have plenty of room on my boat. Brad I dont have the barefoot boom cables setup for that boat so all i really need is the cable section let me know if you can bring that as mine is setup for the 2008. I can bring my fly high if people want.

I will be arriving after I get off of work on Saturday probable around 2:30pm. And prob leave late Sunday afternoon.

See you all soon.
Phil
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 1:07am
Sounds like a good reason to come get a combo tee from you. I'll let you know as the date approaches.
87MCProstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87MCProstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 11:12am
Would someone who owns another brand swing by and check out all the SN's?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 11:17am
We had some Malibu folks at last years NE reunion. By the end of the weekend they were thinking of trading in their response for the new SN 200. So beware if you do come by, the Nautique bug is contagious!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 11:44am
Son graduates on Saturday. I hope to head over in the evening after the festivities, so sometime late saturday evening. Not sure whether the Tique will be in tow or not. Clearly there will be plenty of boats there, but I might bring it just for grins anyway. What the heck...gas has gone down $0.20 in the past couple weeks, live it up. Don't do all the fun skiing stuff (barefoot lines, pyramids, ATBs....) and not want to do any more on Sunday. Save some for me to join in on.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 11:56am
Rolling in Friday about 11pm.. leaving Sunday evening, looking forward to another trip to Lake Benjamin.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 12:04pm
Tim, come on down!

John, your tee just hit the mail this week, but Im sure we can find another excuse for you to come out.

Chris, if you can work it into your schedule, that would be great. HW is flying into Bradley Friday around 11 and we're leaving him a car- check on flights around that time!

Looking like a good turn out- cant wait!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 12:08pm
momentary thread jack: Joe, I was over in your neck of the woods (Geneva) two weekends ago for the last time (daughter graduated). Although (obviously, since in never happened in four years) its hard to sqeeze out a couple hours to stop in and visit on these trips, I always consider it in case a break in the action occurs. Wouldnt have done me any good on this trip tho. If I would have reached you, your response would have been: Oh sorry, I'm not in Auburn, I'm at lake norman with the Benjamins picking up the Orange Crush, which, needless to say would have caught me off guard.
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Tim, come on down!

John, your tee just hit the mail this week, but Im sure we can find another excuse for you to come out.

Chris, if you can work it into your schedule, that would be great. HW is flying into Bradley Friday around 11 and we're leaving him a car- check on flights around that time!

Looking like a good turn out- cant wait!

Well, if the tee is in the mail, then there's really no reason for me to make the trip.

Chris,

I wish I was more sure what my plans are, but I live 20 minutes from DC. You could hop a ride with me if it worked out. If I go, I would probably leave mid-day Friday and come back Sunday morningish.

Are you in town for business or pleasure?
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by lfskizzer lfskizzer wrote:

Brad I dont have the barefoot boom cables setup for that boat so all i really need is the cable section let me know if you can bring that as mine is setup for the 2008. I can bring my fly high if people want.

Phil- Don't think my cable section alone will fit your straight boom without some serious adjustment. Cable adjusts are real PITA on these red cable booms.I'm runnin a uni contour- set forward with an extension. I'm happy to bring the entire set up if you'd like.

Definitely bring your fly high.

Looking forwad to seeing your 85 all done up Phil!

speaking of booms- Maybe Unlce Todd will set up the Banana boat with the dual booms- I'd love to see that rig with both booms loaded up with skiiers!

-Brad
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2011 at 11:44pm
Brad,

Gotcha on the cable adjustment part as I said mine is setup currently for the 2008 with extension piece, yeah I will bring the fly high. I think we will have plenty of people setup with booms I am assuming. But If you want to bring yours since you know it will fit the way you have it on yours. My fly high goes over my microphone as i took the ring and finger off.

The 85 does need new skins but that cost some $$$ might do the coaming pads by the Northeast Reunion but if not maybe next year. But I hope to take it out on Lake Zoar soon, I have been so busy with my garage project trying to get that to its next stage, plumbing, electrical, hvac. If anyone has Boat dolly's I can always take the 85 off its trailer and stick it in the corner and fit 3 boats in the garage hint hint(Orange Crush) lmao. My garage has a 18x10ft bay for boats and a 10x10 bay for my truck 30ft deep.

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 12:35am
I'll probably be pulling in Friday night. Looking forward to some slalom sets behind the Crush. Tim, do you want me to pick up some beer and food? What can I bring? See you guys soon. Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 12:39am
By the way, I haven't bought a new barefoot suit. Can I borrow somebody's medium suit? I'm rusty as hell at footn' but looking forward to a nice faceplant.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I'll probably be pulling in Friday night. Looking forward to some slalom sets behind the Crush. Tim, do you want me to pick up some beer and food? What can I bring? See you guys soon. Ken

I too am looking forward to getting a pull behind the crush. Never got to ski behind it or drive it.

To go along with Kens other post, I dont have a barefoot suit but would like to try it during the mini reunion, should I bring a regular wetsuit to try this or should I plan to hopefully borrow someone's suit?

Anything I can bring Tim let me know. Happy to bring anything I can!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 1:25am
Looking forward to seeing you, Eric.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2011 at 1:30am
You too Ken. No business trips to Vegas this year during a reunion? It will be good to see you and hang out on the beautiful 86!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic