NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deposit on another 86

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deposit on another 86
    Posted: May-28-2011 at 4:00pm
Today I put a refundable deposit on a different 86 Ski Nautique 2001. It is located up in Benjamin country of northern CT. So only 3 hours away. I am going to look at it next Saturday the 4th.

680 hours
Reverse gel coat
Lots of wet sanding needed
Interior looks good via pics just needs a good cleaning
351w

Should be a nice little clean up project and a boat to use for the summer.

Here are a few pictures.

"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 4:37pm
Good luck on your negotiations!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 7:12pm
Eric price? My Boss is letting his 88 SN 2001 go. It's Blue-- only like 230 hours. He's got Race City Marine looking for him a Sport or Super Air. E-mail me what price range and I'll see if he'll bite.
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2011 at 9:27pm

I'm really looking for something inexpensive and needs a little love. And that in a year or so I can sell
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 12:30am
love the color combo.will look real nice shined up
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 10:54am
move up? what are you saying?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 11:09am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

move up? what are you saying?

Id like purchase a super air (that requires some tlc) without needing to take out a loan. If I can fix this boat up, enjoy her for the year and sell it for a profit in the spring along with the money I have from selling my previous 86 it puts me that much closer to a newer vdrive.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 11:32am
didn't you just buy an AXIS?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2011 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

didn't you just buy an AXIS?

Nope, wanted to but can't swing the payments without totally compromising the ability to save for a home. My girlfriend believes that's important for us one day. I figured we could live in the storage compartments on the axis?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 2:39pm
They accepted my offer. We will see how the boat checks out saturday before the finalization of the sale
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 2:45pm
Excellent. If it is a bust,(hopefully not) you can always check out the red one on the way home. Seems like a pretty good price if its all there and in reasonable shape.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 2:51pm
Good luck making any kind of money on it, but it's a cool boat to have anyway.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I'm kind of hoping that after he puts in about a billion hours of wet sanding he'll sell it to me at the end of the summer for the same $4,000. Anyone want a 76 ski tique at the end of the summer?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 3:09pm

You don't think wetsanded and detailed to bring it back to life will make it worthy of say 6500 bucks? There's a guy on the site with same year same colors as this boat half as many hours but asking 8500. Not that he's going to get it necessarily but he might get 7-7500 for it?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 3:29pm
Id say that if you can avoid putting any significant money into it- ie, trailer, interior, tower, etc- and can get it shining nicely, then you can probably come out a few bucks ahead. I dont think it would take long to sell a decently clean reverse gel 2001 in the $5-6k range.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 3:39pm
Asking and getting are two different things.
It kills me seeing some of the inflated prices on these boats(2001's) Just because they put in a super stereo and a tower on it.
They all have wood stringers and they all have wet foam after 25+ years a tower and stereo isn't gonna change that.

I guess what I'm saying is if your going to ask for a lot of money for one of these boats it should at least have new stringers.
TourPro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TourPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Asking and getting are two different things.
It kills me seeing some of the inflated prices on these boats(2001's) Just because they put in a super stereo and a tower on it.
They all have wood stringers and they all have wet foam after 25 years a tower and stereo isn't gonna change that.

I guess what I'm saying is if your going to ask for a lot of money for one of these boats it should have new stringers.

Finally! Someone had to say it.   
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 6:21pm
Don't get me wrong, you buff that thing out and you'll have a cool looking boat on the water at a small investment. You're still going to have a tired old engine, patched vinyl (motorbox obvoiusly needs attention), worn carpet, and a faded out trailer, amongst other unknowns. If that boat were sitting on my lot I'd have some cheap labor spend 2 days shining it up then bump up the asking price by $2,000. If I needed a boat to use sure I'd grab that but after the parts and materials you go through, and your TIME, I'm not sure I'd consider you ahead selling +$1,000. Too many unknowns to make an offer w/o a full visual inspection. I'm just trying to keep it real here, sorry for being the downer. It could be a diamond in the rough.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2011 at 11:29pm

Don't get me wrong, you buff that thing out and you'll have a cool looking boat on the water at a small investment. You're still going to have a tired old engine, patched vinyl (motorbox obvoiusly needs attention), worn carpet, and a faded out trailer, amongst other unknowns. If that boat were sitting on my lot I'd have some cheap labor spend 2 days shining it up then bump up the asking price by $2,000. If I needed a boat to use sure I'd grab that but after the parts and materials you go through, and your TIME, I'm not sure I'd consider you ahead selling +$1,000. Too many unknowns to make an offer w/o a full visual inspection. I'm just trying to keep it real here, sorry for being the downer. It could be a diamond in the rough.

No worries, id rather you keep it realistic than getting my hopes up.

Hopefully the stringers/floors will be solid enough to pass a basic inspection by a potential buyer but as others have said, we all know these boats are a ticking time bomb of foam and rot
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 12:22am
I enjoy the reverse gel coat. I don't see many out there these days. $4,000 isn't bad if everything checks out ok. What other cool boats can you buy for $4,000? Good luck with it, Eric. By the way, your girlfriend is right. Save some cash for a home. Best investment you'll ever make!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 2:05am
$4000 to get out on the water? No brainer to me. As long as it's not a basket case, it sounds like a good deal. I also love the reverse gel. I do agree with the assessment that you probably will not "make" money on the boat, but even if you just get your money back (including what you put into it), then you will get a free boat for the summer.

tina jane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina jane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 8:41am
I don't see many out there these days. $4,000 isn't bad if everything checks out ok. What other cool boats can you buy for $4,000? Good luck with it, Eric. By the way, your girlfriend is right. Save some cash for a home. Best investment you'll ever make!

microsoft office 2010
Microsoft Office Professional 2007
Visio Standard 2010
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 9:25am
I still crunch the numbers on a home being the best investment   lol, lets coin another term the best necsessity you could ever make.
but for 4 grand you cant go wrong on the boat, you can run it for a couple summers and it will still fetch your initial investment of the 4 grand, of course that is if you pay cash for it
"the things you own will start to own you"
ddurkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddurkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 4:22pm
You should be weary of the hours on this boat. I had e-mailed them about it and he said he didn't know the hours because there was no hour meter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2011 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by ddurkin ddurkin wrote:

You should be weary of the hours on this boat. I had e-mailed them about it and he said he didn't know the hours because there was no hour meter.

Ya he told me the same thing. I explained to him exactly where it would be on the dash. I'll double check it and how original it looks when I'm there saturday
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 7:32pm
watch out for durkin,he wants your boat .good luck with the search derek.
ddurkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddurkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2011 at 10:31pm
Haha..you ave me up Brian! Thanks.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 11:37am
Durkin, where do you ski?
ddurkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddurkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 12:01pm
I wakeboard...all over. Typically Wallum Lake Douglas, MA/ RI or Quinsigamond in Worcester. However I am looking for a boat so I can ride on the lake right next to my house, Lost Lake in Groton, MA.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2011 at 12:21pm
Email sent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic