NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Enough for You Yet?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Enough for You Yet?
    Posted: June-08-2011 at 7:15pm
All you Global warming nay-sayers are crazy. It is not even summer yet. I think we are in for an extra hot one this year. Took this pic right after we got back from the lake this afternoon on my screened in porch with the fan on.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 7:58pm
We hit 94 up here in Iowa yesterday. Water went from 69 to 79 in less than 5 days. Never seen anything like it!
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 8:03pm
Currently 96 here in MI. Leaving the office to find some water.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2011 at 8:33pm
It was a real b**ch in the plant today. We had some major issues with one of our 600 ton presses and I couldn't even hide in my office. We blew the 8" diameter tapered bearings out of the center of a 6' diameter flywheel/clutch assembly. The flywheel (8000lbs) had to come down!!! It's one of our older presses and assembly details are not the greatest. Man, it was hot up there on the scissors man lift near the roof!!

Bearings are on there way but tomorrow I have to help out maintenance with setting up the bearing preload as well as figure out why the lube system metering block wasn't feeding oil to the bearings!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 12:28am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Bearings are on there way but tomorrow I have to help out maintenance with setting up the bearing preload as well as figure out why the lube system metering block wasn't feeding oil to the bearings!!!

It's the Fetser valve.
What you need is some 3-in-1 oil, and some gauze pads.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:03am
103 in minneapolis yesterday, blastfurnace of the nation.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 3:16am
Been outside drilling some geothermal wells today. You know it's warm when you drink 10 gallons of water throughout the day and don't piss once.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 3:35am
pete, who do you work for and what do you press
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 9:35am
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

pete, who do you work for and what do you press

Halston,
I'm the plant engineer for a job shop metal stamper and fabricator. In stamping, we can handle dies up to 132" by 72" needing 1000 tons. In fab, we can cut (plasma/laser) and bend up to 1" thick.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 10:12am
i had to keep reminding myself that 2 weeks ago it was in the 50's.
"the things you own will start to own you"
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 12:47pm
Yesterday's high was 94. Today's high is supposed to be low 70s ... and that was early this morning. We're heading back to the low 60s. What's up with that?
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 12:48pm
If you don't like the weather in the midwest, just wait 10 minutes.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

103 in minneapolis yesterday, blastfurnace of the nation.

And that was at the airport. Where no one lives... I had 105* near St Cloud, my folks showed 107* in Mtka. And now it is going to be 57* Friday.   Geez....
Mike N

1968 Mustang

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

I always laugh when I read this phrase, because in my limited travels, I have discovered that nearly every state uses this phrase, and every time they act like it's an original saying they came up with that only applies to their state.

At least you did use a broader "region" instead of a specific state
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 2:18pm
C-Fish

You serious? Rains for a week once in a while in Cali but sheesh isn't it like 72 and sunny just about every other day of the week? Oh, just using cali as an example.

Last night we had 50mph winds, blew my neighbors pontoon (on trailer) all over his driveway and finally ended up in his yard. My parent's neighbors lost a nice big cottonwood tree, landed on the dock.
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 5:23pm
Water is bath water allready. It has hit 100's a couple times and very hot. we are in for a hot summer
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 5:46pm
58 here right now. I'm looking out my window and still see snow at 5000'. It should be in the mid 80's by now.
1979 Ski Nautique (sold)

1997 Ski Nautique

1998 Super Sport Nautique
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2011 at 10:11pm
I will take the hot over the cold anyday! That is what the water is for. Jump in and cool off
83Ski
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by 67425ks 67425ks wrote:

You know it's warm when you drink 10 gallons of water throughout the day and don't piss once.

I am with you there! We have had pretty nice weather the last week. Mid 80's for the most part and I am not going to complain about that. My baby sis and brother in law flew in from Seattle for the week and we hit Jordan lake today with Mom and Nora. More of a pleasure cruise than serious riding but it was fun! I finished the Skier about 2 weeks after my Sis moved out West. They had a blast in the Red Baron.

"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2011 at 1:26am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

I always laugh when I read this phrase, because in my limited travels, I have discovered that nearly every state uses this phrase, and every time they act like it's an original saying they came up with that only applies to their state.

At least you did use a broader "region" instead of a specific state

LOL....except here in Central Florida. Was out footing with Eddie today and it was hot just sitting in the boat. Not another boat on the lake we were using. Can't beat the weather and the amount of lakes in our area.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic