NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Get Together Aug 5th - 7th

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Jllogan Jllogan wrote:

Steve,
You are from white lake! I bought my nautique from a guy who lives in white lake. Maybe we can have a white lake boats only dock!

My boat was a promo boat from White Lake Marine in NC when it was new, can I come play at the special While Lake only dock?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2011 at 7:36pm
sure, he is from white lake MI, but I think in spirit of inclusiveness we will allow any white lake in the US to participate.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 1:57pm
Alright, August 5th - 7th it is!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 5:30pm
I'm a little concerned about the possibility of having low water at Berlin in August. Right now they are at normal summer pool but from my experience it can drop down a lot by August. I am thinking we should consider hosting this event at another location. Maybe Salt Fork?

Salt fork is Ohio's largest state park and has a really nice campground with a lot of nice free docking. Salt Fork also has a really nice lodge (for those that don't want to camp) with two swimming pools, restaurant, bar, and game room. The park has 14 hiking trails, a golf course, and an abundance of wildlife. The lake is beautiful and has plenty of nice water which tends to stay relatively calm, even on the weekends. Located right off of interstate 77 it would be easy for out-of-towners to find.

Salt Fork State Park

Camping

Lodge

The only issue is that you are technically not allowed alcohol in Ohio state parks. Now, that being said, I have never seen or heard of anyone actually getting ticketed for having an adult beverage while sitting around the campfire. You just can't go around advertising that you are drinking. As long as beverages are kept in coozies or plastic cups, and you don't act like a fool, you won't have a problem. I believe they have this law on the book just to keep the riff-raff down in the state parks.

If we decide to hold it at Salt Fork you will want to reserve a camping space ASAP. This campground fills up fast. Sites can be reserved Online in advance. I am looking at sites in the F55 - F61 and F15-F16 area or others in the F-loop(see map below)

Please give me some feed back, Tell me what you think, and if you have any ideas or suggestions, let's hear them!
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 5:52pm
I think salt fork is a great idea! Berlin is nice and close but you are right about the water levels and we wouldnt want someone to trash their prop on an errant stump (they are out there). Its never very deep, I dove off the boat last week in the middle of the ski zone and touched the bottom.
Much better ammenities at salt fork as well, campers dock and launch, boaters beach,lodge etc. I doubt my wife and I will be camping but we will come for a visit, you never know maybe we will. I am writing that weekend on the calendar.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 5:54pm
Also, I have nor anyone I know ever gotten busted for alcohol. Like Randy said just dont be dumb. They have that law so they have a reason to kick you out if you are out of control. They know very well there is alot of drinking going on and if they started doing random checks on weekend nights they would be handing citations out like candy.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 6:02pm
The extra hour and a half drive each way is a borderline deal breaker for me.. as I dont have the extra vacation to spread that weekend out
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The extra hour and a half drive each way is a borderline deal breaker for me.. as I dont have the extra vacation to spread that weekend out

Joe,

No way it can be an hour and a half difference. It only takes me about 20 minutes more to get to Salt Fork than Berlin, and I live right off of 77.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 6:20pm
I must be missing something google maps is telling me they are 95 miles apart.. with salt fork being on the other side of berlin?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 6:33pm

I must be missing something google maps is telling me they are 95 miles apart.. with salt fork being on the other side of berlin?

Maybe, but it's a straight shot down 77 and really easy to find. If you don't know your way around the Berlin lake area you could easily spend that time lost!

When I go to Berlin from my house I usually travel south to 62 then east. I could also get there by going north to 76 then East. So for you coming from the north it probably is about an hour difference. But, trust me, Salt Fork is much nicer and worth the extra hour.

I forget. Where in NY are you Joe?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 6:55pm
I am in auburn ny.. Berlin is basically the outside border of a 1 tank trip for me. One tank after work on a friday gets you there in time to have a beer around the campfire and setup the tent on Fri while still being in bed by 12-1. Another 90 miles means a stop for gas/food, driving while tired, and sleeping at the truck when you get there.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 7:01pm
What about Tappan? That may be closer, dont really know of any camping areas but I am sure there is one.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 7:13pm
Also there is mosquito creek but I know nothing about there, I have never been but it would be closer to NY and cleveland.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 9:46pm
Tappan Lake has a 299HP limit. Which is probably fine for you and I, but that may be a problem for Joe.

I've never been to Mosquito but I have been wanting to check it out. It's on my to-do list this summer. I've heard really nice things about it. The location would be central to all of those interested so far. I may take a trip out there this weekend and take a look around and make some calls and see what I can find out.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2011 at 9:50pm
If anyone is familiar with Mosquito or Tappan give me a call.
330-seven,zero,four-6334

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2011 at 3:14am
How about West Branch? The water level wouldn't be a problem, and although I have not stayed there I have heard that they have a really nice newer campground. I have only had my boat out there once and it was pretty windy and choppy, but I think on a normal day we could find good water. It's location is perfect. Close Akron right off of I-76 and right down the road from Summit Racing. I know some of you other local guys are more familiar with West Branch than I am. What do you think?

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2011 at 11:59am
i would be up for a WB visit, can i bum a ride on a boat?
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2011 at 12:01pm
actually i could come up with something that floats with power
"the things you own will start to own you"
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2011 at 12:08pm
West branch fills up fast plus no public docking. You have to go online to make reservations. Also the water gets crazy choppy on the weekend. If you want good water and lots of space salt fork is the way to go.
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 7:48pm
Ok, I'm going to make an executive decision here. Salt Fork it is. August 5th - 7th.

If you are considering attending I would reserve your campsite TODAY. They fill up quick in the summertime.

I think this will be the best location for us for many reasons.
- The camground is really nice, and clean.
- The campground has a lot of docking for registered campers
- The lake is beautiful and you can find calm water almost any day.
- Has two nice sandy beaches.
- Lodge available for those that don't want to camp.

Register your campsite early! like right now. Lets try to take up all the spots we can in the "F" loop or "G" loop if needed.

Register your campsite online

Or call to reserve a campsite: 866-644-6727

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 7:53pm
Ok, so where does this all leave us? There's been a lot of conversation, here's what I picked up:

Berlin - possibility of low water
Salt Fork - technically booze free in the state park, longer trip from the east
Tappan - 299hp limit? no other real details yet
Mosquito creek - no real details yet, Randy did you make it over there like you said you might?
West Branch - good location, fills up fast, no public docking, water gets choppy on the weekends

Does that sound about right?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 7:54pm
haha, looks like you beat me to the punch asking my question Randy!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 8:14pm
I didn't make it out of my back yard last weekend. The weather forecast was unpredictable and I had to put the finishing touches on the swimming pool project I started last year.

I figured we had to nail down a location and I knew there is no way to accommodate everyone's wishes and desires. We could go back and forth on this until August!

I think anyone who has not been to SF will really enjoy it. It's a beautiful place. I started re-thinking Berlin right after I suggested it. Because it does get low and I don't think it's the best lake we have to offer in this area. If we are going to have folks come from out of state to attend I want to show them a nice lake and I think SF fits the bill. ...and I don't want anyone hitting one of the many sandbars, stumps, rocks or any of the other hazards I know exist at Berlin. No one has fun once they ruin a prop!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 8:21pm

I am in auburn ny.. Berlin is basically the outside border of a 1 tank trip for me. One tank after work on a friday gets you there in time to have a beer around the campfire and setup the tent on Fri while still being in bed by 12-1. Another 90 miles means a stop for gas/food, driving while tired, and sleeping at the truck when you get there.

Joe, I have an extra tent I could have set up on your site before you arrive. We will also have plenty of food and beer. I know it's a longer trip for you but I hope your able to make it. Anything else I can do to help you out, just let me know.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

i would be up for a WB visit, can i bum a ride on a boat?

You can bum a ride with us. But, you are going to have to have your own tent to sleep in... I hope you and the family can make it down to SF.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 8:58pm
To register your campsite at Salt Fork State Park

1. Follow the link below:
   Ohio State Parks On-line Reservations

2. Select Salt Fork State Park from the drop down list then Campsite

3. Fill in Search Criteria as shown (I think a two night stay may be required on the weekend.)

4. Click View Availability on Maps

5. Select your site by clicking on the map. Lets try to get together in the outlined area of loop F If needed, we can go into Loop G these are both closest to the beach and the boat ramp.

You may also call: 866-644-6727 to reserve your site
GET YOUR SITE RESERVED ASAP!

For those that don't want to camp, the lodge is also available, I recommend trying to find a room on the first level on the wing near the lake. The deer come up to the lodge in the evening. and will almost be on your back porch. My kids have walked right up to the doe and fed them apple slices and grapes!

Salt Fork Lodge

If anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call (330-seven, zero, four - 6334)

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2011 at 11:36pm
I'm in.
Thur - Sun site #34,   See ya there!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 2:06am
I've got F-15 (right across from Paul). Thur - Sun

I also picked up F16 and F17 for some friends.

We need to fill up F55 - F61 and F11 ASAP

Come on guy's, if you are even slightly considering camping pick up a spot NOW. These spots will fill up quick (hopefully with CCFans!)

hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 3:10am
Maybe Im doing something wrong but they are showing me no availability from tents to a kenworth motorhome? Can bring either and multiple boats ?
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2011 at 3:20am
Brian, Maybe you are not selecting more than one day? I think you need to have a 2 day minimum on the weekend (Fri and Sat). Multiple boats shouldn't be a problem but you may not be able to park them both at the campsite. You may want to call and ask the camp office (740-432-1508) and run it by them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic