Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Get Together Aug 5th - 7th

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
82wake2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82wake2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2011 at 2:03pm
I will find out tonight...flushed it 4 times...will run it tonight and if it is still good flush it again.
Joe
1982 ski nautique 2001
"Lady of the Wake"
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2011 at 7:35pm
You guys are really getting into this "get together". Rumor has it that IAughtNaught's father may try to come and bum a ride with him for Sat. and part of Sunday. I promised to try not repeat any of the dramatics from White Lake in April.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2011 at 7:03pm
OK guys,

I have been busy with the GL reunion and then my three kids birthdays, but I'm back to work and back on CCF!

I just checked the campsite availability at Salt Fork for Aug 5-7 and at the time of this posting there is only ONE campsite available in the "G" loop. If anyone is still considering coming out I would grab that site now.

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2011 at 8:00pm
Randy,
What’s the availability for food, ice and items like that?
Wondering what to pack and what I could buy there.
Also I was hoping to bring both the ’85 and ‘95 with the family but it looks as though only me and one boat will be coming.
The heat got us thinking it may be too much for the little one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2011 at 8:42pm
There is a campground store that sells Ice, firewood, and other items. There is also a couple convenience stores on Rt22 and if you drive into Cambridge you can find grocery stores, restaurants, etc.

I'll be bringing my grill and my electric smoker. I'm planning on smoking a couple chickens for Friday dinner, and smoking a pork shoulder for Saturday. I'll also be bringing a bunch of burgers and hotdogs for lunch or whatever. I'll also bring potato salad, pasta salad and chips.

Bring the little ones, I'll have my wife and three kids and my oldest (Ashley) is 15 and happy to help look after any younger ones. Hopefully the temps will come down into the 80's. The lodge should still have rooms available too if you want A/C.

Looking forward to meeting up with all of you!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2011 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

day trip

Eric,
Are you coming down???
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2011 at 2:25pm
Wanted to bring this to the top.
I'm getting packed today plan on heading out around noonish tomorrow, should put me there around 1430.
(if I don't get lost and all goes as planned)

Randy when do you think you will arrive?

Can I bring anything to help out in the food department, of course I'll have beer.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2011 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Wanted to bring this to the top.
I'm getting packed today plan on heading out around noonish tomorrow, should put me there around 1430.
(if I don't get lost and all goes as planned)

Randy when do you think you will arrive?

Can I bring anything to help out in the food department, of course I'll have beer.

Paul we should be arriving around the same time... As long as I can get the wife and kids in order! I'm getting ready to leave work now and go home and start packing up. My wonderful wife Paula has been getting things ready all day so we should be in good shape. I'm bringing enough to feed at least two dozen hungry adults Friday and Saturday. We should have Plenty of food for everyone. We should have enough to feed anyone who wants to join in. If you need help with directions give me a call (330-704-6334) anyone with any questions give me a call. I probably will be too busy, as I have all week to get on CCF. Just call me, if I don't answer leave a message and I'll call you right back.

The weather is looking good. a slight chance of rain, but when it's humid like this, there is always a chance it could rain. we'll deal with it.

Can't wait too see everyone!

If anyone has been on the fence and wants to come out but can't get a campsite, I have a couple extra sites available, just give me a call and let me know.

I wish I had more time to plan this, but I'm hoping we can all get together this weekend and get some ideas together for next year.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2011 at 1:50pm
Some things you may want to bring along:

Bug Spray
Chairs
Can Coozie's

I have meat covered for Fri-Sat and were bringing a pasta salad and baked beans but we could probably use a couple more side dishes, so if you want, bring a side dish or a bag of chips.

We should get down there around 3ish today. we will be set up at site F15.

see ya soon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2011 at 8:35pm
It was a great day on salt fork. Near glass all day. Eric lavine called and said he would be down in the m morning. What's everyone's else's arrival plans?
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2011 at 8:45pm
You guys have a great weekend. Us southern boys had a great weekend last weekend on Lake Lanier. Hosted by Buffalo Greg and Amy.
Have fun and toast one for us CCfans that can't make it
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 4:30pm
Despite the rain, we had a great time last weekend. It was great meeting Paul, Adam, Jackie, and Adam's friends. I think the weather scared away some of the fans who were going to come down Saturday. Actually the weather held out all day Saturday, until dinner time then the rain came pouring down! I wish we could have had better weather and a better turn out, but I think with some earlier planning and some luck with the weather, we should be able to put something bigger and better together for next year. I think my daughter got some pics with her camera, so I'll try to get some of those up tonight.

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 7:31pm
I can't even complain too much about the weather...sure it got a little wet Saturday night, but I still had a great weekend.

Here were the highlights for me:
Chef Boy-ar-Randy's smoked pork shouler...awesome.
4 first timers:
My buddy Mike on a wakeboard
My buddy Mark on skis
Randy's boy Justin's first time slaloming AND barefooting on the same run (too cool to watch)
And the star of the weekend, Paul (gun-driver) learning to tumble up barefoot on the boom. We couldn't even get that guy back in the boat, he just kept telling us to pull him again. I really hope he posts the videos we got, each one starts with the thrill of victory as he gets up, and ends with the agony of defeat as his feet end up where his head should be.
And if I'm not mistaken, Jennifer popped up on a wakeboard on her first ever attempt, although I was in another boat, so can't say for sure...but we'll call it 5.

It may not have been the biggest turnout, but my crew all had a great time. Have to send out a big thank you to Randy for putting it together and manning the kitchen, and I look forward to this becoming a much bigger event in the years to come. With all the newbies we had this year, we should just change the name to the NE Ohio CCF what do you want to learn to do Gathering.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2011 at 8:48pm
All I can say is "ditto" to Adams post, I had a blast.
As always it was great meeting members and look forward to doing it again.
Randy, I can’t thank you and Paula enough for everything you did and the fantastic food you cooked all weekend.
Adam and "Big Daddy Jackie D" thanks so much for the instruction. A guy couldn't ask for a better instructor. And he worked for beer!!
I just got off the phone with B/I, I guess you can say I have the bug so my wife isn't going to be very happy with you guy's.
As for the video I will try to get them and a few pic’s I got posted tomorrow. I’m still walking around like I’ve been run over by a truck.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 12:19am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I just got off the phone with B/I, I guess you can say I have the bug so my wife isn't going to be very happy with you guy's.
As for the video I will try to get them and a few pic’s I got posted tomorrow. I’m still walking around like I’ve been run over by a truck.

HAHA, I'm surprised it took you two days to get the order in. Only problem is, your wife is going to have to have the stones to hurtle you across the water at 36mph...you probably couldn't see Laura's face when we were dragging you around, but she was concerned. For some reason women don't like to be involved in administering that kind of a beating.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 12:20am
and get those videos up, those crashes are awesome!!!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 12:15pm
OK here are some shots of my first time.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

and get those videos up, those crashes are awesome!!!

Of course the longer more successful run's isn't on video.
Lets try this, hope it works.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/gun-driver/Salt%20Fork%20video/?action=view¤t=MOV00507-Copy.mp4
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2011 at 8:15pm
Paul, Pics and video is great! Can you post the one of Justin?

Great time. the ones who chickened out because of the weather forecast really missed out!

I am always impressed with the wonderful folks I have met through this site!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2011 at 6:55pm
The shot mid-tumble is cool, look at the slack in that cable!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 4:35pm
Finally getting around to putting up the pics Ashley took of the weekend.

pieapple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pieapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:34am
I dont think he is on the site
Cheap Gucci Shoes          http://www.buyguccishop.com
Polo Shirts Wholesale      http://www.wholesalepolonow.com/
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:25pm
Cool pics Randy, its too bad that old clunky lookin grey wreck is in the way of seeing all of that really cool white boat in the first pic...like when an ugly chick sneaks in front of a hot one in a pic at a party...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 3:28am
I don't know Big Daddy sure liked driving that old cluncky gray wreck, said something like "now this is a real ski boat"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 7:15pm
Sometimes he lies to strangers so their feelings won't get hurt, haha. Actually, he'll be up in Cleveland this weekend for Labor Day, so we'll head out Sunday to take in the air show from the lake.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 9:26pm
Now that will be cool. Be sure to tell Big Daddy I said hello!!
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2011 at 7:33pm
Hey guys. Don't forget: Big Caddy is watching whether you know it or not. The water aand fellowship was great on Salt Fork. The boats (only three) were awasome. but the real kicker is seeing newbies in barefooting, slalom, wakeboarding, and skiing. Even some of "old F--ts" still can cut on occasionally. Looking forward to seeing all again. [
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 2:07am
looks like a great time guys. If me and Patti were still in Ohio we sure would have joined in. Will be better next year I bet. These minis are getting popular.

Nice job Randy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2011 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

looks like a great time guys. If me and Patti were still in Ohio we sure would have joined in. Will be better next year I bet. These minis are getting popular.

Nice job Randy.

john

+1 Glad that you guys actually did get together after all that talk and planning.. Nice job Randy...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2011 at 6:49pm
I just seen this. Thanks for the accolades guys! I'm looking forward to putting another gathering together for next year. This time I want to get the ball rolling a lot earlier, so watch for a gathering to start taking shape around the first of the year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic