Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EFI Conversion on a 76 PCM 351W

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2019 at 1:27am
Hey Alpha,

I am having my 99 GT40 rebuilt as we speak. I am turning the engine to a 408 with a holley dominator efi system and reusing the original gt40 intake for aesthetics.

In regard to the Howell EFI 02 adapter, do these adapters fit standard PCM ford exhaust manifolds? It would be awesome if they do so I dont have to machine a set.

Thanks!

EDIT- I just realized these are only bungs, not adapter plates.

Originally posted by AlfaDon AlfaDon wrote:

I can't believe it's been 3 days and I haven't responded to the thread yet. I have a hard time logging in from my phone and so have to wait until I'm at home.

Peter, I appreciate what you're doing and I'm going down much the same road except that it's taking me forever to get it done.

I am using the Howell EFI O2 adapter with a wideband A/F sensor in one of my manifolds It's worked great for 2 seasons now and it's nice to have just to monitor the mixture. I built a new HP motor and wanted to make sure I didn't go lean.   I also use a cheap anti-fouling elbow that I got on ebay. I believe it helps to keep the O2 sensor out of the steam stream. The idea of sequential spark sounds great although I've heard that batch fire is nearly as effective

I also have the coil near plug set up using a modded Cam sensor from a Ford 4.3, as it's the same dist shaft diameter as the 351 dist. I had a friend weld up the sensor top to an old 351 dist base. There's also a guy online that makes them up just for this purpose.

I struggled with the Microsquirt. I have a MS2 that I never used because of the fear of explosions. I also heard that they can be difficult to tune. I ended up going with a Holley HP ECU. This article says that they're marine approved but other components in an EFI system might not be. (https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-pro-hangout/custom-efi-configurations/converting-marine-engines-to-efi). I'm hoping the HP ECU's self tuning feature will take care if it. It's a potted ECU which takes care of sparks.

If you're using all of the mechanical fuel lines and hardware from the GT40 setup I think you should be fine. I just bought the PCM Fuel Control Cell from Nautique parts on their Black Friday sale. One of the problems with the Fuel pump issues is that the fuel line from the tank can't be pressurized. It has to be a vacuum from a mechanical or electric fuel pump that needs to be within 12" of the motor. I believe with the FCC, I can return the extra fuel to the FCC, although if I have to run a return to the tank it will have already been done already by PCM, and I'm just following what has been CG approved. The benefit of the return line to the tank is that it cools the fuel much better than returning it to the FCC

Don
1999 Longhorn Nautique
Peter6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2019 at 12:46pm
DHMC, you right you can not use the buns, you cant weld on the exhaust, plus there is water cooling.
You also cant use the adapters shown in post 1 there is no room to come our sideways on the right side the Intake is in the way on the left the flame arrestor.
I found my adapters on ebay the seller first said he can get more but when i actually requested them he went silent. This is 3 years ago I believe I paid $200 or so.
If you decide to have them machined somewhere I would post it here you might find a GT40 owners that are interested. Would drop the price for everybody.

If you want to see pictures of mine go here.
https://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=42211

Peter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic