Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cwb wakeboards thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cwb wakeboards thoughts
    Posted: July-04-2011 at 1:44am
hey guys,looking to see if anyone here has experience with cwb wakeboards?i bought a marius 2 years ago and it started delaminating first year after couple rides.icalled cwb and they were rude and difficult at best.iblew it off thinking how much worse can it get.well after frequent use,but not abuse last year the bottom is starting to peel off.anyone else have issues?what brands are recommended?thanks
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 1:48am
I know somebody that works for Connelly, and that doesn't sound right. Who did you talk to at the mfgr? Where did you purchase the board?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 1:49am
we have a cwb board, I bought it from Overtons last summer. It seems to be holding up pretty well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 2:26am
cant remember name of person i talked to as it was a year ago.i bought the board from cwb militia website which i assumed was there own site as it has cwb tv etc.called them and talked to cool guy who worked with me on a board to fit my needs.after i had noticed the problem i called cwb militia site back and they gave me phone # at connoley for warranty.guy at connoley accused me of abuse/neglect and claimed he never heard of cwb militia site.if you google cwb wakeboards its the first site to come up.board is out of warranty now,just noticed how bad its getting and bugged me.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 2:52am
In 2004, under protest, I was somehow coerced into paying for one of these wakeboards, instead of another ski.

Turned out to be a CWB Tatoo w/ Mobe bindings.
Kids like it, all their friends like it. I still hate it.

Other than one small problem with a boot last year.
Seems to be a very good board.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 3:02am
i bought my kids the cwb lotus board which gets twice as much use as mine and there board looks great except where it was dropped on corner.both boards have cwb bindings that are also holding up well
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 3:22am
This reminds me of a conversation I had with HO recently. Customer service gave me the "no, no problem with that product, we are just making a design change". Then I got a hold of a rep, and he said " yeah, we have had some issues, give me couple of weeks and I will get you fixed up" .

You may want to see if you can find someone with CWB other than a customer service rep. Maybe go back to the vendor that sold it to you. They may have a contact that would be willing to look at the board.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 3:25am
Well, if it is out of warranty that may be all she wrote. Might be worth one more try on the phone with Connelly, but on a 2 year old board it might be hard to tell what the problem is. Ask nice and see what happens. The worst they can say is "no".

Unsure about what to say about that web site. Maybe don't mention that on the second phone call? :)

My son got a CWB last summer, rides the snot out of it and he loves it. Looks basically brand-new still. Sorry to hear of your problems. Like I said, I know one guy who works there and I have been to the factory a couple of times. They are proud of their equipment and the quality of product.
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 10:36am
My daughter rides a CWB Bella. It is not babied and has held up to daily use as well as tournament travel without a case in the back of a pick up truck for 4 years and aside from the white bindings discoloring it looks like new which was 4 seasons ago. They can't all be bad I guess.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:33am
if you guys have a minute check out cwb militia site.it has to be their own site.the board suggested by them worked great for my needs.one of the reasons i did not pursue under warranty is they wanted me to send the board to them for evaluation last july.at that time we were having great weather and was using 3+times aweek.my bad for not pursueing something in the off season.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:46am
I'm not a CWB guy and have only owned 2 Liquid Force Force Boards. The first one was a Best Board (Shannon Best) which I've had since 95 that the girls use now and I ride a LF Trip which I bought about 10 years ago only because I wanted to up grade to the 6 fin wider board.

The Best Board I had was delaminating but since I was barely within the warranty period they sent me another one. I Have been able to repair the Trip after hitting something in the water and trashing the edge of the front tip.

If you're going to the NH reunion bring it with you. I 'm planning on attending and I can take a look at it and possibly fix it for you as I do work in a composite shop.

In the mean time if there is a board shop close to you allot of times they have demo boards that you can try for a small fee and should you purchase from them they'll deduct that fee off the price of the board.
Good Luck.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 12:06pm
thanks foot
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 3:02pm
Their official site http://www.ridecwb.com/.

Connelly is based in Lynnwood, Washington. Sorry, but to me that Militia site looks like an internet company? Go to the official CWB site, and they list their actual dealers there.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2011 at 11:58pm
I have had several cwb products and they have all held up well. I had two binding issues while under warranty and found their customer service to be excellent. That was three or four years ago though

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2011 at 1:41am
my bad on the militia site,i thought it was cwb's online store.thanks for taking the time to look kevin.like i said earlier,i have no problem with the other equipment i have from them and i enjoy riding the board.i'll ride it till it breaks in 2,then i will have a excuse for cool new one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic