NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marauder 19

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2012 at 6:11pm
Bill, can't wait to see that thing run in person!

Any chance you and the family would want to come out to the Nautique Demo Day on the Coralville Res? It'd be quite a drive for you guys but Alicia, Pat, possibly Whitney and I are planning to make the trip. Sounds like some other CCFans may show up...and I could use an early spring barefoot lesson!

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2012 at 11:45pm
Chris

That sounds like a great time but it won't fit in to the farming schedule. Come to think of my career seems to get in the way of a lot of fun things    If you get back to
Minden you are more than welcome to come a little farther west. You can have that ride and drive and sneak in a beer and a ski. Maybe we could get joe to fly in and help with the timing light. He should see those turbos anyway.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 5:51pm
Here is what Art Cozier found out on my Marauder

Michael..... At long last I got back into Archives, and I have found another of your boats. Marauder 20122 had its engine set on 8/13/71. An LM340 Chrysler was removed from the boat and replaced with a 440; LM440/BWR10/493, Serial # 22527. This information should be on a brass tag affixed to the top left of the bellhousing. The boat was invoiced 11/5/71 to Malibu Beach Boat Sales and Service in Osage Beach, Missouri. Price was 5476.50. There is a note on the invoice saying “No Hardtop,” which leads me to think that hardtops were standard on Marauders in those days.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2012 at 7:53pm
Have you had yours in the water yet? That is great info on the engines. I have said it before...Art is a great resource.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 1:09pm
Joe was correct again...got the 318 timed last night. She really runs strong. 43 mph gps.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 1:45pm
It's like I always say Bill, I blow em up so you don't have to

43 should be just about right... what prop are you turning at this point?

I will be looking forward to the new footing video where you make it around the corner!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Prop is a used 13x13 and not perfect and the tach is not working yet either so I dont know rpm.

I bet a nice 540 would get that thing to at least 44mph!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2012 at 6:07pm
Thanks for doing that Joe. Yes it's the 13x13. I can't imagine that hull being pushed by a turboed big block. It seems fast and furious at 43.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 1:50am
So, when Michael's Marauder was new, it was sold from where I worked, 6 years before I started.

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 3:46am
Regardless of your decision on power, it is a very attractive boat that will get a lot of attention.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 12:44pm
John

While not the original 440, I could not be more pleased with the performance of the 318. I can't speak for the 440 but this 318 sips gas slowly and does exactly what I need. Thanks for the compliment too! I keep it at a small lake and it sure is the conversation starter.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2012 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

So, when Michael's Marauder was new, it was sold from where I worked, 6 years before I started.

I realize there is a difference in our two hulls but what was the performance with the big block?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2012 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

It's like I always say Bill, I blow em up so you don't have to

43 should be just about right... what prop are you turning at this point?

I will be looking forward to the new footing video where you make it around the corner!

This one is for you Joe!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 12:29am
With all the cold weather we have been having I had a little time to give the exterior a little love. Buffed,polished,and waxed.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 12:40am
Looks great Bill, is that color mahogany? Did you do the bottom too?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 12:52am
yes i did the bottom too. it needed acid (zing) to get the crap off so i thought what the heck....whats another sore shoulder...as to the color....i went back a few pages to make sure....

The boat was built with a Candy Apple Red hull and deck with a taffy ivory accent stripe. It had a full bench seat, a mirror, and a folding vinyl Bimini top. The invoice also reads "Ozite -- Special order Red," which I assume is either the vinyl on the Bimini top or the vinyl floor covering. I am not familiar with the term Ozite.

Marauder # 13367 is the closest hull number I could find to yours, and it was built tow days after yours for Cypress Gardens and had a 290 hp Holman & Moody engine. We didn't always necessarily build boats in strict order of serial number.

If I can be of further help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Art

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 1:29am
I have to do the bottom of mine Bill and have been putting it off.I can imagine how you felt but I have to get going on it,I'm not going to get any younger   
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 10:47am
Doing the underside is not much fun and once in the water does not have a profound affect on anyone or anything but the fish might enjoy it.   
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 10:50am
Bill, she looks great. I've never heard of Zing. It's got to be better than wet sanding? What is involved with using it?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 1:33pm
Zing is a brand name for hydrochloric acid that is made for fiberglass boats. Nothing really special and it won't get you out of wet sanding.    I did not wet sand....just 3M super duty compound and then 3M finesse-it. Then hand wax.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 1:42pm
Looks good Bill! Can't wait to see at at GL13!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2013 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Looks good Bill! Can't wait to see at at GL13!

you gonna come and get it? i will have her ready!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2015 at 2:30pm
Here is the trial pylon I made up. I used steel for the first run and will use aluminum on the final product. Had both ends machined....one to fit the cup and the other to hold the rope. It is very solid so far. I have only used it with the skylon so actual "pull" has not been an issue. If you happen to cringe at the thought of it not being original I apologize. Please look away from your screen if it hurts your eyes too badly!

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 11:30am

Here is a little info I received from Art Cozier yesterday. What a great resource and person he is!

Bill..... At long last I have the Microfiche viewer at Correct Craft repaired and I have found the records on your boat. The engine was installed on September 5, 1970 and the boat was shipped to Midwest Correct Craft in Angola, IN on September 14.    The engine logbook reads "300 Chrysler M440-BWR10-233E0-77396." That if fact would be a 440, but it would not have had any notation about turbos.    These same numbers appear on the invoice.

Marauder # 13367 is the closest hull number I could find to yours, and it was built tow days after yours for Cypress Gardens and had a 290 hp Holman & Moody engine. We didn't always necessarily build boats in strict order of serial number.

Brother Bill what hull number is your Marauder? Art references 13367 as built after yours but I can't see in this thread what your actual number is, I had one follow me home this weekend that is MAR19363 - listed on the title as a 1974 - assumed that was a mistake and it was a 1970ish but unless Art has a typo that would seem to be a lot of boats after September of 1970.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 1:46am
Joe. I got done harvesting soybeans tonight about 9 pm and had three Sam Adams octoberfest shortly thereafter.......the number listed is sketchy because the id plate had been removed prior to me obtaining the boat. A nephew of the owner recalled the number from his head one day as MAR 19???. So it remains a mystery.   If anyone asks me the year I go with 1969 because I like that number!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 1:48am
Too many beers. I will look for my id number tmro.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 1:51am
Have you put those turbos to work yet?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 11:33am

Have you put those turbos to work yet?

Well the man, the myth, the legend, Art Cozier came through with the info a couple minutes after I asked him yesterday about MAR 19363 – she had her engine set April 24th 1970. 300hp 440 Chrysler and was send out to Wawasee Marine in May. The engine is long gone, as is the interior, the foam, the floor, and a few other things – but she has some Meridian Blue Gelcote that can be buffed and patched back to beauty.   This boat seems destined to get M&W gear twin turbo 440 setup – I always wanted a 400hp 427 ford Marauder but apparently by 1970 correctcraft was shipping all the cool ones with big block mopar power so who am I to argue.   

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2015 at 12:18pm
That's a lot of Maridian blue Joe
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 8910
  Share Topic