Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 3:31am
I believe that Marty and his 'pink' are not gonna be able to make it. So AdamT is gonna be the only 'pink' in town.
I know why Adam was on at 2:35am..he works 2nd shift...but why in the world were you on line at 3:39am Bill...insomnia?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 3:45am
Plane tickets bought, just have to remember to book the car tomorrow. Arriving in Orlando International at 2pm Wednesday. Stop at the store on the way and then headed to Parramores so the fun can begin.
quik225 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quik225 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Is anyone leaving the orlando area/airport Friday after lunch. Trying to catch a day earlier flight and would like to hitch a ride up to the reunion. The rest of my family is flying in Sat. And will get the rental car then. If I can get this done it looks like the earlier flight gets in about 1230 pm Friday.

Thanks Bill
Come on guys, help this man out....
We will be in Tavares/ Mt.Dora at the wooden boat show Thursday and Friday, can you get there.Karen and I will have our boat in the water display...300 plus boats last year...Billy
Good way to start your holiday...

Bill, if you get a flight that comes in by 8:30am, I can pick you up on my way to the Tavares/Mt Dora cellulose boat show. I'm taking Friday off to go to the show, I'd like to be there by 10:00am. If you can't get a flight that early, or can't get another ride, I may have a plan 2 if plan 1 doesn't work.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 1:51pm
Quik

The 1230 pm flight is my only option at this late juncture...
Thanks for the help though.

Bill
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by quik225 quik225 wrote:

Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Is anyone leaving the orlando area/airport Friday after lunch. Trying to catch a day earlier flight and would like to hitch a ride up to the reunion. The rest of my family is flying in Sat. And will get the rental car then. If I can get this done it looks like the earlier flight gets in about 1230 pm Friday.

Thanks Bill
Come on guys, help this man out....
We will be in Tavares/ Mt.Dora at the wooden boat show Thursday and Friday, can you get there.Karen and I will have our boat in the water display...300 plus boats last year...Billy
Good way to start your holiday...

Bill, if you get a flight that comes in by 8:30am, I can pick you up on my way to the Tavares/Mt Dora cellulose boat show. I'm taking Friday off to go to the show, I'd like to be there by 10:00am. If you can't get a flight that early, or can't get another ride, I may have a plan 2 if plan 1 doesn't work.

Ditto on getting in earlier on friday. I'll be going right past the airport about 7AM on my way to Parrimores. Even if you were able to get in around 8 or close to it, I would still arrange to pick you up.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 1:54pm
Quik

The 1230 pm flight is my only option at this late juncture...
Thanks for the help though.

Bill
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2012 at 9:02pm
I am feeling a lot of envy, have tons of fun everyone, and post pics quick. 77 and humid in Minneapolis today. A jump in a lake would of felt good, but I would still have bounced . Should be ice out in another few days
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 12:28am
Bill,
As soon as you land, call me. No Promises, but if all is good, I will pick you up and bring you to Mt. Dora. If I can not, a shuttle or the rental car early? I planned on going to the Boat show anyway, but I am backtracking, which is no problem if business allows, and glad to do it. 321 246 8276 cell Jerry (Smith Family)
If we are GO, proceed to baggage claim, get your gear, and stand at the curb.
Js
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 1:00am
Well kids it is probably getting to be go time for those last minute planners... weather is going to be nice, water is going to be warm, the people are going to be great, check on the flights book the ticket.. I think we still have a bunk or some floor space at the river house.

Bill I know rental cars are not the cheapest in the orlando area and it is a bit far out for a cab.. hopefully we have a guy that can help you out the eariler you can get there the better.. can't help get you from the airport but can come get ya at the blackwater and get ya on the water if we know your coming..

Now for a good deal on a set of big block chrylser turbo gear I would be happy to cover your rental car expenses
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 2:47am
Like Joe said, time is running out, for all you up North that are still on the fence, I went outside to record this for you, although I don't think my neighbors were impressed. You will be missing three days of this sweet, sweet sound (amplified by many, many times)...glub, glub, glub...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 2:58am
Loud Pipes Save Lives..

Sounds sweet Adam!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 3:11am

Does your wife know you're up and online after 10:00p.m.?!?
-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2012 at 3:14am
yup...always up late on here. You must be home from work early. See ya in a week. Can't wait to see how big the guys are. Can't remember seein' them last year.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 12:55am
Fellas

Thanks for the offers and advice but I am back to original plan....sat afternoon arrival. The ticket change was going to be too cost prohibitive. I am looking forward to seeing everyone then.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:16am
I awakened my boat from her winter sleep and took her out on a shake down run on Lake Norman today. She ran great at WOT. I will clean her up tommorrow for Thursday's nine hour road trip to the SJRR.

See you all soon

Donald
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:08am
Highs in the mid 80's and lows in the lower 60's all the way into next Saturday. Shaping up nicely!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 1:21pm
Okay, we're only days away and the weather is looking like it's going to be in our favor. Time to put the finishing touches on your Correct Craft today and get your gear packed and ready to go. This is truly going to be the best River Run yet so all I can say is I've been excited and anxious for weeks as things have fallen into place with what little planning goes on behind the scenes. "River Rumbles III" is complete ready to go, 'Miss Scarlett' has new iridiums, new fuel supply line, all prettied up for the Run, new Michelin's on the tow vehicle and getting the rest of the stuff packed and ready for departure on Thursday Morn.

Here's a list of folks that are coming that we know of so for final head counts. If I forgot someone pipe up add your name to the list. See ya on the River!

morfoot
boatdr
bhectus
sweet77
JMurph
Joe C
Donald80SN
Gary S
Storm34
Chris Hansen
Picture Pat
Salty
The Godfather
jbear
backfoot100
pallmer
rleinen
reidp
JoeinNY
87BFNOwner
BigWaveDave
TRBenj
rhubbard88
lakedog55
rosconole
adamt
woodyelc
hasbeenskier
Keeganino ???
MartyMabe ???
fanofccfan
Dusty Abel
Ken Meloon
Nautique John
Smithfamily
Jeff Swedish
Kurtis
Lester Todd
Art Cozier
quik225 ???

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:12pm
Sweet77s "76" is running like a top thanks to my old pal Woody. Spent just about all day getting CC learnin.
Wed night cant get here fast enough
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

Woody and myself are going to do a little maintenance on the 76 on sunday (still looking for a nick name for her)

Bicentennial boat how about "Bi-Pride"
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:30pm
WOW ! thats a low blow
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:31pm
Here's a teaser pic for all you northerners getting ready to hook the trailer up! 85 and BEAUTIFUL today! This photo was taken at Bird Island which is on the Butler chain of lakes just about 45 minutes south of where we will all be staying. Water is brisk but very refreshing, I skinned it today and it felt great. Water was so clear it looks like I'm in 4" of water! Next weekend should be more of the same.

'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 9:48pm
Hey Bret,

Boat looks great! We were out yesterday too. Beautiful! We are all looking forward to the weekend and meeting all. Washed the old girl up today. The weather is awesome!!
Js
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 10:51pm
Slight change in departure time.....We will leave after 3:00 pm ,gotta close shop, on Monday. This will give us one more full day at the "front". After all Karen has to get there in time to set up for SJRR, tough job, but i will gladly do it...See ya'll there...Billy Karen
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 10:55pm
Billy

My cell number is 402 380 0695. If ther is anything I can do or bring for Saturday please let me know. We will be landing hopefully on time at 1230 pm and getting in the rental car to head north. Can stop on the way for whatever.

Bill
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2012 at 11:23pm
Hi,
Went over to the silver river today, Got there late so did not go all the way to the head, Though I had some good pics all I got was my wife's thumb. My camera is different than hers? Same phone? Anyway water depth no problem, There are a few logs to watch out for I almost shined one up.
Lakedog55
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 2:28am
JUST SOUTH OF MARKER 16 THERE'S A DRIVETRAIN KILLER. ABOUT AS BIG AROUND AS A CAR TIRE, LOOKED LIKE OAK OR CYPRESS. WIND PICKED UP IN THE P.M. IF YOU WANT BUTTER ITS GOING TO BE IN THE A.M. WHITECAPS ON LK GEORGE COMING BACK TODAY, PACK A MOUTHPIECE.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 12:53pm
I'm into Orlando Int airport @ 16.50 on the 21st picking a car up then off to the camp... leave on the 26th @19.15.

See you all soon........you all have a safe journey in too.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
pallmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pallmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 4:28pm
I am at the Volusia county courthouse on jury duty. If I get selected the trial will be on Wed, Thurs, and Fri which means I will miss most of the SJRR.   
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by pallmer pallmer wrote:

I am at the Volusia county courthouse on jury duty. If I get selected the trial will be on Wed, Thurs, and Fri which means I will miss most of the SJRR.   

I got picked once for jury duty, when I was chosen for my interview, I told them "I think our legal system is backwards. I think everyone is guilty until proven innocent, I mean they got caught right?" "Thank you Mr. Hectus for your time, you are excused".   YAY! Problem solved.
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
pallmer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pallmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2012 at 4:50pm
I got selected for jury duty.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1112131415 17>
  Share Topic