Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 17>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 10:36am
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Marty, any luck on the I D Badges.

Came up with something in a total different direction. Gonna be Generic in Design. Meaning they can be used from year to year. He's putting them together as I type! Maybe today Friday the 16th--no later than Wed the 21st, they should be done. 50 of these are less than $25 ! That is with my 'mojo' worked in
Were any of the badge holders left from 2010? These are 3" x 4" and will be slip-ins. The prize is that they will be 'removeable' and placed anywhere you like them afterwards! Darn- I gave the 'secret' away- didn't I? Anyone want to take a Guess???
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2011 at 10:44am
Thank you again Marty,too early to guess.........     Boat dr
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2011 at 2:27am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hey AdamT..you guys got reservations?
Can't wait either to see all you guys.

john

Yeah, Osprey 2 bedroom, glad to see you're going to stay for the weekend. Is the 80 gonna make it?

Yikes..missed this Adam. No we are leaving the '80 home. Gonna be riding in Eddie's very fast stroker American Skier Barefooter. Wait till you guys see this motor.

john

PS to Marty...if there is room at the end of the line to drive the lefty..I'd love to again. Don't wanna take the spot of anyone who has not had the chance to enjoy her tho.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

I would love to see some of my new found northern friends and CCF members at this event. Jenn and I have the Manatee which is a big space. If anyone has trouble getting a spot to "lay your head" we will have an extra room. I am super pumped already

im hoping to take you up on that offer
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 12:43pm
Eric, hope to see you at SJRR...If you do indeed show,bring your tool bag . We will have a few boats and members that refuse to start come Saturday A.M.
Won't be long now.................Boat dr
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 12:51pm
Billy, I think there are plenty of tools to go around just not enough spare parts and between, you, Jody and Art we never seem to have to right spare part most of the time.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 5:05pm
My thanks go out to those who are once again doing the heavy lifting to get this event going. I am looking forward to my 4th year down on the St Johns. Let me know if you need help with anything as planning comes along.

Tis the season for some to be turning in their vacation requests for next year, and if any of you are on the fence for the SJRR it is time to jump in, declare allegiance, and start recruiting confederates... With the Midwest reunion this year currently shrouded in uncertainty this seems an ideal event to make sure your CCFAN reunion needs are met early and often in 2012. The later start last year that is being repeated this year afforded us pretty good conditions for watersports. Water temps both on the lake and in the river were acceptable and air temps that time of year will range between spring like and hot like. While it is not exactly a bustling tourist destination there are plenty of “good” places to eat and we bring our own nightlife.

My current plan includes bringing down the boat and a pile of watersports gear that will be at the disposal of any in need, if lodging becomes an issue I can throw in a couple extra tents in the truck as well. Although, there are other local areas to stay if lack of space at Parramores becomes anyone’s limiting factor.   

As Tim alluded to, and as is common with any of these reunions, during the main event (Friday evening through Saturday evening ) the big focus is on personal interactions with your CCFAN brethren and things go by fast! So if you are looking to get in a lot of boating, sightseeing, or watersports it is best to arrive a couple days early -

Can’t wait to see old friends and make new ones..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 10:33pm
Joe, gotta agree with the coming early and staying late. There is a lot to do and see in that time frame.Joe,this is not a CCFan Reunion,we choose to call it SJRR 2012. .
Karen and I will be at Parramores Wed. night , SJRR Command Center will be open for reg. Thursday.
                  Entry fee is $35.00 this year ;it includes

Meet and Greet meal on Friday nite
Tee Shirt
Cap
Goody Bag
4 Days of warm water, Good Friends and lottsa SUNSHINE
Mount Dora Wooden Boat Show will also be that weekend

What else did I forget, plenty of time to post later, see you all in March...........Billy/Karen
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 12:19am
Last year's shirts were awesome, is there going to be a sneak-peek for this year's? Or is it weekend surprise only? See you all on Thursday...
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 12:32am
NOT.........See ya there       Billy
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 7:38pm

How cool would this design be on a shirt.
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 11:28pm
Only if you own one or more......Boat dr
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 3:29am
Figured I would come up to periscope depth , anyone know if their is any hacienda's/cabins still left so I can plan my next move....
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2011 at 9:32am
Call Lori and see.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 12:02pm
SURPRISE! Just last years LOGO with a little color added!

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 12:11pm
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 3:11pm
I know this is somewhere in this thread; What are the dates?
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I know this is somewhere in this thread; What are the dates?

March 23-25. I will be checking in on Thursday the 22nd.

Guys, let me know if I can bring anything or if anything needs to be picked up. I'm pretty local, coming from south Orlando. Less than 3 months away!!!
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 4:36pm
Brett, there appears to be several flying in to Orlando airport, it would be nice if there was a way to save the cost of a rental car.
A contact number or numbers for those needing a ride to and from the airport. This would make it easier on all involved to fly in and not have to rent a car, any takers to shuttle CCFans........Boat dr
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2011 at 7:01pm
I am in Orlando on the east side 15 min from airport if someone needs a lift from MCO or Sanford airport.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 10:56pm
This may be of interest to those sitting on the fence over SJRR 2012

25th ANNIVERSARY on LAKE DORA

Dear Fellow Boaters:

The Sunnyland Antique Boat Festival is just around the corner and it’s time to get your boats ready for the biggest boating event on the East Coast. This year is our 25th year on Lake Dora and we celebrate this anniversary by featuring the boats from “On Golden Pond”.

Each year our show continues to grow and this year we will adjust the footprint to allow everyone to participate. Our docks will accommodate all the in water participants and everyone will be assigned a dock. Bring large fenders and adequate lines to secure your boat in the event of inclement weather. You must pre-register for the event in order to have a place for your boat and receive all the amenities.

The most unique thing about our show is our trailer valet service. When you arrive at our show, we direct you to a marshalling area where we unhook your boat from the tow vehicle, attach it to one of our tractors, launch your boat and store your trailer so you can enjoy your time on the water. When you are ready to depart on Sunday, you simply provide your trailer number to our valet service and we recover your boat and move it to our out-bound location where you attach your tow vehicle and depart the area.

The City of Tavares parking garage is free and ready for use. All boat participants will park in this facility, which is two blocks from the show. The 2012 show promises to be a spectacular event and the Classic Race Boat Association (CRA) will host their annual event the week prior to our show. When you combine the North and South bound river cruises on the St John’s River, the CRA event and our premier show, it is three fabulous weeks of vintage boating.

Something new this year for the ladies will be a style show on Saturday March 25 on the top floor of AL’S Restaurant at our show site. The starting time will be announced.

All the Sunnyland volunteers will be in place at on Thursday March 22 to assist you on your arrival, from 8 am to closing at 5 pm. If you arrive after the 5 pm on Thursday, you will need to come back on Friday morning to launch, no boats will be allowed into the show site to use the launch ramp / docks until our team is in place again in the morning. We will not be accepting boats on Wed. March 21 and will not have access to our facilities until Thursday morning. All participants must pass through our reception and registration facility located on Joanna Street. There will be multiple signs to direct you to the show registration entrance.

There are three significant things that we are asking participants to comply with:

1.        Flea Market vendors will not be allowed to go in and out of the site on a daily basis. We will allow you to drive in on Thursday, set up and remove your vehicle. If you work out of your vehicle, you can leave it on site for the duration of the show. If you are a Flea Market Vendor, you must set up on THURSDAY. There will be no vehicle access to the Flea Market on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The Flea Market area has new concrete. If you use a tent, you CANNOT drive tent pegs into the concrete.

2.       We advertise and sell tickets for our show based on three days; all day Friday, Saturday and until noon on Sunday. Thursday is our set up day and WE HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU ARRIVE ON THURSDAY. THERE WILL BE LIMITED ACCESS ON FRIDAY AND THERE WILL NO ACCESS ON SATURDAY. WE WILL NOT LAUNCH OR SPOT BOATS IN THE LAND DISPLAY ON SATURDAY. Our show ends Sunday at noon and we will not start the Tractor Valet service prior to noon on Sunday. Land displays will remain in place until Sunday noon. IF YOU NEED TO DEPART PRIOR TO NOON ON SUNDAY, YOU NEED TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO STORE YOUR OWN TRAILER AND RECOVER YOUR BOAT AT A LAUNCH RAMP OTHER THAT THE SHOW SITE. So that we can plan appropriately, please indicate on your registration form if will use our valet service.

3.       We will have an enlarged Field Of Dreams section to display boats for sale. With the exception of our sponsors, no boats for sale will be permitted outside this area or on display in the water.

We will have our famous “Captains Party” Friday night at the show site in the big tent at the center of the show, where we will serve lite food and adult beverages. The charge for this party is $15. On Saturday, ACBS will conduct a Symposium designed around the wood boat hobby and this will be free & open to the public. Saturday night we will have a catered buffet dinner under the same tent. The charge for this event is $40.00 per person. Remember to sign up for the Friday Picnic lunch, at Hickory Point Park, accessible by boat or land, the cost is $15.

Although our show is a non-judged ACBS event, our Corporate Sponsors will present awards on Sunday morning. This will be followed by Church services at a remote cove in the comfort and luxury of your own boat.

The cities of Tavares and Mount Dora are working in concert to accommodate the large crowd and there will be many activities. Tavares has several new restaurants for your dining enjoyment and be sure to check out the new stores downtown. The Sea Plane Base at Wooton Park will be operational and rides will be offered. In addition, we will have a vintage Steam Locomotive operating in Tavares that will be offering train rides. Mount Dora will have their traditional Antique Festival and the Water Taxi’s will operate between Tavares and Mount Dora. And remember, the Non-Ethanol fuel will be available at our docks for purchase. We have our on site Motor Home dry Parking, located right on the lake front, for $100 for the weekend

The show location is Wooton Park on Lake Dora in Tavares. On behalf of the Sunnyland Chapter of ACBS, we welcome you and your families to this historical and charming community. Please visit the Sunnyland Chapter of ACBS at our Web site www.acbs-sunnyland.org for all the information on this Spectacular Boating Event. We have implemented a new and improved, user friendly online registration form. Instead of mailing your registration, we would encourage you to use this online form.

Sincerely,

Terry Fiest

Chairman

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 11:02am
Tull, are you thinking about making the trip down there this year? I am thinking about it. Question is am I flying or driving down with a boat in tow.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 11:59am
As stated before and many who've done it can attest to it. If it's easier for you guys who want to attend to fly then please do so. They're are enough boats in attendance with plenty of empty seats all weekend long so don't let that deter you. If you do want to drag her down I can assure you that you won't regret it as you can ride forever "Up" river as long as you want and never get tired of the view or how smooth the water is. It really is an experience you won't forget and I promise you that you will understand why this gathering of CCFans is talked about all year long.

Pull the trigger and make your plans, cause there's nothing like spending a long weekend with fellow Correct Craft Fans!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 12:05pm
James
I was hoping it was early in March. I'll probably be down the first full week of March. That's when my younger son has a break from classes. We're also heading to Naples in a couple of weeks, so I can't really pull off three jaunts to FLA.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 12:43pm
Steve, I see I see. Well after talking with the Boat Doc I am in for sure. Sounds like the Air will be in tow for the trip.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

If you do want to drag her down I can assure you that you won't regret it It really is an experience you won't forget and I promise you that you will understand why this gathering of CCFans is talked about all year long.

Although I won't be bringing ours this year, I agree 100%. The plan right now is to bring it again next year.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 1:10pm
For all that love the sun , water and warmer weather , this is your chance to jump start your 2012 new year.
There are a few changes for the SJRR , these will be posted as the dates get closer,

See You There          Billy/Karen
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 2:16pm
Got a free flight and an open calendar. Now the question becomes how long we stay!
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 2:45pm
Chris, Karen and I will make our stay as long as possible.....

Come Early/Stay Late is the plan

We will arrive late on the 21st and break camp on the 27th

We can't wait.................
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 4:16pm
Chris, quite a few fans got there Thursday afternoon and headed south "up" river for some skiing and just to run the river. A raft up occured later that day on some island with the usual meet and greets, Ooohing and Ahhhing, More of the same thing all day Friday, a couple of places along the river to pull up and fuel the body with plenty of cold beer on tap and good food. Several of the guys headed to the Mt Dora boat show to check out the woodies there. Raft up on lake george with glassy ski conditions and skiers boarders everwhere with the floatilla being the lauch point. Saturday is the big event day with a presentation by Mr.Ralph and a cookout with stuff that EVERYONE agrees to bring. Sunday was more boating and skiing and I had to head home but more Fans hung around til Monday or longer. That's it in a nutshell. I personally will head down Wednesday and come back Monday afternoon if the weather is going to be anything like it was last year and if I'm going solo. Many Fans regretting only coming for just Sat and I know that several newbies that are returning are coming at least for three days.

There.....does that help?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 17>
  Share Topic