Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prices

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
markski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 5:41pm
If you don't like the price don't buy it. a friend of mine has a Bayliner he will sell you cheap.
markski
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 5:27pm
So After going through everything and replacing the old parts with simular or better materials. I should just give the boat away at a lose to me. Have any of you priced a 315hp rev rotation engine, and I'm suppose to sell it for less than 5,000.00 sorry not today or next month either.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 5:10pm
Intersting phenomenon. The popularity of wakeboarding, combined with the astronimical ( and rising) prices of a wakeboard boat have actually increased the value of older inboards. More people into watersports means greater demand. In general, the older boats throw up a larger wake, making them, in the minds of wakeboarders, more attractive. And, while perhaps inflated, the price of the used boats is a tiny fraction of a new boat. I have one acquaintence who sold his mid 80's mastercraft for more than he paid for it. That's not even getting back to the really old boats which only went for 3-8K in the first place.

As for prices on this board, I just think that people on this board tend to be fanatics about their boats, tend to keep them in good shape, and tend to put money into them. I'm sure one could find the same models cheaper elsewhere, but eventually would put the same amount of money into the boat fixing it up.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 5:01pm
The market is drivin by what the buyers are willing pay.I think there are more people wanting classic older inboards because of the cost of new ones being so high and the older ones are starting to fall into the"collectable" market.
You do see fluctuation...where stuff seems too high but sells and great deals can still be had.That would indicate to me that the market is changing toward higher prices for older inboards...they appear to have been going up over the past few years.
And you won't be saving cash on a mastercraft( at least not post 82)...they too are fetching prices in the same range as correct craft.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

tg View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 4:46pm
boy   talk about people who get upset over their correct crafts value        of course the purchaser and seller negotiate the price of a completed sale     if someone overpays...thats their problem    but part of the problem is others see inflated pricing on the fan and follow suit      our 2000 dollar barracuda is just fine and is way more fun than the new 40 grand nautique
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 4:36pm
you're right.....go buy a brand new bayliner instead
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 3:36pm
I agree that the prices on the used 70's and 80's boats are grossly inflated.Having been a correct craft collector for the last 25 years,I find the best value for your money is in the $4000.and under range.As stated above,these boats will do what a 50K new one will with a lot less technology and looks.The 80's 2001's are a nightmare with rotten stringers and flooring.Yes there are some pristine low hour boats that will command more,but when it comes to sell,the boat only goes for a fair realistic price.Remember,an asking price is just that!The selling price is what MATTERS.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 2:12pm
I bought a "classic" 64 American Skier here in the mid2G range with a new trailer.Not "state of the art" for skiing,but already had that many dollars of fun with it!!!

Ive also seen mid-70s nautiques on here in the $3500-4500 range.... AWSOME DEALS for a "cheap" boat! ....or you could buy a mid 80s I-O (yuk) for the same price.......
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2005 at 10:17am
Good one 79nautique!!!!!!!!

My nephew and I can slalom ski,trick ski, wakeskate. and wakeboard better behing my 87 Ski Nautique than anybody we've seen at our lake that's running a new boat. I'm not bragging, but it seems like most people are compelled to buy the new $45,000.00 ski boat with the rack and speakers on top just so they look good, but they can't do anything behind the boat. I haven't seen anyone ski to our caliper. The only thing I see is these boats dragging around innertubes with little kids screaming in them. Seems like a big waste to me. I'm not sure what statement they are trying to make....   
ty3724 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ty3724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 9:17pm
I have been selling comp ski boats for 10 yrs used I should say and I always get more for my boats than book!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 7:02pm
Blue Book doesn't mean a thing in this market. These boats are worth what people are willing to pay for them. With new boats anywhere from $35,000 to $55,000, a $20,000 boat can be a pretty good deal, and probably pulls just as well. I can ski just as well behind my $4,000 boat as I could behind a boat selling for 10x as much. (although I do have to admit, the new boats are pretty nice)
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 6:53pm
You can always save cash by buying a Mastercraft or Malibu or some other POS
guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 6:01pm
They must not be too overpriced, because they sell. Welcome to a market where we don't sell sh*t.
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 5:52pm
Ya well, some of those boats are in pretty pristine condition, so you can throw the blue book out the window. You pay for what you get. I know of a couple places where you can buy some trashed out boats for $2500.00 or less, but you'll spend the next 2 years getting them back into shape, and get nickel and dimed in the process.
tg View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2005 at 5:00pm
the asking prices for correct crafts in the for sale section are just ridiculously out of touch with the market.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic