NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chattahoochee Run 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chattahoochee Run 2011
    Posted: July-20-2011 at 1:59pm
Where do yall like to meet?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 2:03pm
I am on the south end of the lake (6mile Creek or Young Deer Creek), but lately we are just going to Sunset Cove to hang out with friends and let our kids play on the beach or in the waterpark. I am pretty flexible to meet anywhere on the lake that is convenient to the majority of folks that are interested.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 2:50pm
You guy's know where the best water is so ya'll make the call and I'll be there. Every weekend is a 3 day weekend for me so I'm good. If we're gonna make this a 3 day'er then I have a truck (if I get her fixed) or a tent to sleep in or maybe hit the Buffalo's up for Hollywoods room if there is a vacancy.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 2:51pm
GIT-R-DONE

We gonna get our Chattahoochee on!!

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 3:10pm
We went exploring last week to Little River and yesterday to 6 Mile and Young Deer. Both are less than 1/2 hour from me. Little had smooth water all day on Sunday. There is a ton of camping on Lanier. I have room at my house also. We are excited to meet up with some CCF menbers that go to Lanier.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 3:38pm
Sorry we missed you; we were watching the women's world cup and didn't feel like doing much after that loss. Normally, we'd have been out all day.

There's a gas station very close to the ramp here...I don't want to know what Holiday is getting for 93.

1988 BFN-sold

dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 4:51pm
OH MAN! I'd love to join up one of these gatherings but unfortunately we'll be out of town.

You guys have fun and be safe!
Doug
cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2011 at 11:18pm
Hi Guys,
I'm on Lanier most weekends and would love to join up for this. I've been a lurker around CCFan for the most part (until something breaks and I need advice), but would enjoy putting some faces to names.

-Bud
Bud

1999 Sport Nautique
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2011 at 1:30am
sorry to ask but what are the dates? 6 hours exactly for me
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 11:19am
Hey guys... do we wanna try and do this next weekend say the 29th or 30th or make this a 3 day'er or what? What ya'll wanna do?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 12:15pm
I am in for it. if we are going to do a multi day let me know so the wife can get off work. If any body doesn't want to trailer back and forth I have plenty of parking room 1/10 of a mile from Burton mill ramp.
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 4:56pm
I am good for the afternoonevening of the 29th and all day on the 30th - I propose we get the date finalized and then decide on a location since most of us trailer to/from the lake anyway
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 5:11pm
This could possibly work for me.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 7:01pm
That w/e is fine with us.
1988 BFN-sold

cboland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cboland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 9:50pm
I probably can't make it the 29th, but will definitely be there on the 30th.
Bud

1999 Sport Nautique
Dieseldawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dieseldawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2011 at 10:53pm
I will not be able to make it on the weekend of the 29th. I hope you guys and gals have fun! Take lots of pictures and post them please.

I will however be on the Lanier tomorrow, if anybody is going to be in the six mile/little mill area. I will be on the lookout for other CCFan members and any other Correct Craft owners.

Matt
02' Ski Nautique GT40 EFI
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 3:22pm
Seems like a few can't make this w/e, and a few others think it's short notice.

Tim is looking into camping options because the timing isn't good for us to have everyone over. The end of August or the beginning of September would be better for that.   
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 3:26pm
How busy are 6-mile and Young Deer this time of year?
1988 BFN-sold

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 3:46pm
Looking at the campgrounds via online and telephone looks like if we want to make a weekend out of this we're gonna have to camp out at Van Pugh camground. They have primitive camping and RV slots left with a few close to the water. It's pretty close to Lake Lanier islands but which means the Buffalo's will have to trail blaze. Close to Mike & Gails though. Ya'll pipe up with the suggestions. What ya'll wanna do?

Here's a link to what's available at the campground at the time of posting...Open sites are in blue.

Van Pugh Campground
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 4:24pm
I'm liking August---Although yes school, but not to interfere with NH---or maybe this could be for the ones that can't make NH ??
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 5:39pm
Van Pugh is about 2 miles further down Gaines Ferry rd. We are at Burton Mill. From there its about 1/2 hour by car to little River where the Buffalo roams. We can accommodate a few at my house more if you dont mind ruffing it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 6:19pm
Mike, does that mean you want to ski/ride up this way?
1988 BFN-sold

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 11:46pm
I am open for what ever the group wants. We checked out your end on a Sunday and it was good water all day. Is that the norm? Its 1/2 hour drive or it will take 1 plus hours and a lot more gas by boat. My wife took the weekend off 29-30-31 so lets get something going. Sweet if you can make it that would be great.     
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:31pm
Hey guys been out of town at North Myrtle Beach this past week on vacation. Been off the site this week. Well....I did take a brief look using my Blackberry!
Robin and I would be able to make it on the 29th or 30th. Not sure we would be spending the night, but would like to hook up with everyone for sure.
Six Mile, Charleston Park launch ramps on the southwest/Cumming side are usually pretty busy, although I have gotten a spot every time we have gone to Charleston Park so far this season. The water is fair in the mornings and late evening. During the day we usually cruise over to Sunset Cove and hang out for a while. Pretty sure Greg's area up in Little River would be better water conditions for skiing.
Really, we are flexible and will meet wherever we need to.
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:45pm
Jim is correct Young Deer and Charleston (6 mile creek) are for very early morning and late evening only. I don't think anyone would get any fun out of trying to ski these areas because of the tremendously small window on the weekendds. We plan on heading north up the lake today to just let the kids ski and then come home so I will let everyone know what Sardis area looks like just north of Gainesville marina.

Hanging out is good anywhere on the lake though.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 1:18pm
Well then lets quit fartin round and pull the trigger. Why don't we just plan on hanging out "On the HoocH" up where the Buffalo's roam. Boat launch right down the street from them plus Greg already told me that if he were called out of town that we were more than welcome to use their dock for grnd central. I'm bringing the truck or tent to sleep in so just need to place to park either one be in Mike's place or Greg's. If the Buffalo's are at home I can bring my smoker again and we can do smoked chicken for dinner on Sat (unless someone wants to step up and buy a couple of racks of ribs). All ya gotta do is plug it in and come back 5-6 hrs later and Hmmmmmmm....mmmmmmm! Chips, slaw are easily bought and can feed the small gathering of CCFans.

True we can just raft up and with fans you can just tie em' up and go in whomevers boat doing what ever. We Atlanta guy's have been talking bout doing this all summer let's just freaking do it. I'll be there unless the monsoons come!
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 1:22pm
works for me - I plan on having my wife and 3 kids in tow with me
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 1:47pm
I am in for Saturday. Robin and myself, not sure of my 21 and 23 year old daughters. Will try to bring them,although they may be working.
Be glad to bring some ribs,chicken,slaw and whatever.
Sounds great to me. Ready for some boat time. Especially with fellow CCfans.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 12:39am
Saturday it is. Little River Park is the ramp. It's just off 129N/Cleveland Hwy; follow the pretty brown signs.

Looks like you guys have dinner already covered? We could do coffee, sweet rolls, and a picinic basket to hold us over...suit yall?

6:30am? Traffic should be light, so we don't have to start that early, but I'll have the coffee ready by then.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 12:46am
I should be clear on Friday after 12.
1988 BFN-sold

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic