Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coil Resistance Specs

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ThatNautiqueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNautiqueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coil Resistance Specs
    Posted: July-28-2011 at 12:30pm
I have a 75 Nautique that I picked up for $2k... I absolutely stole this boat. Got from a guy goin through a divorce. Motor has been rebuilt, new distributor, carb, all wiring, paint, trailer has been blasted and painted, new wheels and tires, new prop and main shaft... all it needs now is new carpet and interior. :)
Now to the issue at hand... run the boat all wknd with no problems until the last 30 mins. It will run fine for about 5 mins then start sputtering and die. Let it sit for 10 mins fires right up.. 5 mins later dies again... repeat and so on. Makes me think that the coil is overheating and breaking down since everything else is new. I was just wondering if anyone knew the ohm specs. I have always been a chevy man so Im ingnorant to the Motorcraft world. Thanks for any help!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2011 at 2:26pm
For a stock engine it should be about 2 total between the coil and a ballast resistor/wire.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2011 at 10:54am
I think you are on the right track, the symptoms fit your theory. I recommend a MSD Blaster2 epoxy coil. Summit racing is a good source.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ThatNautiqueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNautiqueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2011 at 12:18pm
Thanks for the help guys... I was looking at the MSD Blaster... seems like a good choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic