NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 20>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

So you claim the laws are not being enforced.....

then
Obama's stance hasn't been much different than any other president, so he gets the blame.

However, he is deporting them, and in record numbers. Yeah, not as fast as you would like, but nothing is working as fast as it should be right now.

Obama has one aunt that succesfully fought deportation and now an uncle who is illegal and going through the courts, Do you think this might affect his views?

Bush wanted to build a wall but was for the most part succesfully blocked by democrats. A little different from Obamas stance of only deporting violent criminals. He may be deporting record numbers but I know you like percentages for fairness, I bet as a percent of the growing illegal hispanic polulation in the US, deportation numbers are down.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Spoken like someone who intends to be a millionaire one day.

Check this article,

Stop Coddling the Super-Rich

Heard a little news about Warren Buffet and taxes today. Apparently one of his companies, Berkshire Hathaway owes back taxes from the years 2002 to 2009, They stated in a press release that they hope to get paid up,through 2004 in the next twelve months. No word on 2005-2009. Maybe that is why he pays a lower percentage than his secretary, he just does not pay. Nothing like getting lectured on paying more taxes from someone not up to date on their own.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 12:02pm
so who would be paying these groups to come work the fields? maybe the North should come up with an emancipation again?
kill the incentive and they wont wanna come here
"the things you own will start to own you"
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

and picking your weeds...and taking care of the wealthy's housework

Yeah, maybe I should have just said, illegal immigrants have ben doing much of the nations work for a long time.

It isn't about the Mexicans exclusively, it is others as well.

The border is much about more about waste of resources than it is about stopping immigration. Sorry to my brothers doing that job.

I would think two things might make the border more secure than any fence, guards, or a moat with alligators.

- Require all workers in US to be citizens, and actually enforce it, strongly without fail.

- Legalize the weed.

I know there are consequences to these two actions, but I think the promise of a job and the high profits from weed drive illegals of many countries to run the gauntlet we call the border security.

Americans will pull weeds and do the laundry, we did for years until a labor force who could do it much cheaper arrived.

Wow, that just came from a "liberal". I just don't like it when folks say things that are half of the truth. I did it a in this thread, and admitted to it. Why can't others do the same?

Clearly, immigration isn't a problem Obama caused, yes he is permitting it to happen, but so have all presidents of recent years.

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:57pm

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:42pm
Oner,

Bad source, liberal media again bro. Those facts are false. Obama loves illegal immigrants for many reasons. Not just to get votes. And who do you think got him over the top in 2008. Illegal immigrants...

uploads/6885/securedownload3.jpg">

uploads/6885/securedownload4.jpg">

By the way, I didn't see the ABC, CBS,
NBC, CNN, MSNBC covering this - did you?

Those who have visited Chicago may recognize the downtown area.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 9:56am
I think the border patrol are the only ones hiring nowadays
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 9:51am
and picking your weeds...and taking care of the wealthy's housework
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 3:45am
So you claim the laws are not being enforced.....

then
I correct you on a misleading statement you have made,

and you try to bring your argument back by saying there is some improvement, but not enough for me, so Ononewheel you are wrong and trying to call the sky black.

Obama's stance hasn't been much different than any other president, so he gets the blame.

++++ for doing a fine job on explaining the current lack of support for Obama by Mexicans.

I don't condone Obamas stance on "buying the Mexicans" we all know what is happening.

However, he is deporting them, and in record numbers. Yeah, not as fast as you would like, but nothing is working as fast as it should be right now.

I contend Obama wants them for the votes, and the republicans have already realized they don't need them anymore, they can treat all Americans like the Mexicans.

By the way, the Arizona law really amounts to requiring or allowing Arizona police to stop and require Mexicans to prove their citizenship.

That is messed up, and if you say it isn't you are. So an immigrant from Germany, or Canada doesn't have the same risks? Require it for you too, and you view might change. Imagine haveing to prove your citizenship over and over.

The US military is full of Mexicans, they are fighting for you.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 3:22am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Arizona is not preempting federal law, mearly trying to enforce it. It you are so concerned about states pre-empting federal law I would think you would be outraged by sanctuary cities. They are blatent examples of states and cities trumping federal law. Arizona is suffering major crime due to illegal immigrants including murders and abduction rates near the highest in the world. The feds say it is their job to handle immigration but they are not doing the job. In the meantime Arizona, thousands of miles away from washington, is having to pay all the costs both monitarily and the community impact associated with illegal immigrants. I dont blame them for taking things into their own hands, If something does not happen at the state level, vigilanty justice will take over.

Hold on there.   Never said where I stood on the points of the lawsuit. I did however clarify, "suing them because they are enforcing the law", is different than "the federal gov, claims Arizona's actions are preempting Federal law"

Your opening statement, well, that is what the courts are for. Not me nor you, but you seem to be able to sort it out pretty quick. I'll wait for the decision to be made, whatever it is, because it is really the only one that is going to matter.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 2:13am

Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

On Healthcare, get the government out of the way, and let the free market come in to compete, and costs will come down. Right now, the government won't let insurance companies compete across state lines. Its amazing what will happen to costs when you have competition. I am in the plastics industry, and I see it everyday. COSTS COME DOWN!!!

When is the last time the government managed anything efficiently? They can't even send a letter out without losing money.

Your above statement is exactly why we have a problem here. It's the race to the bottom.

I know, let's just forgo our immigration laws and allow a bunch of Mexicans to come here and work for much lower wages.   

Woooo! I could debate you on each point you made, but, this one is just too good to pass up.

Are you saying you actually think our immigration laws are really being enforced?? You have got to be kidding me!! Obama doesn't want the Mexican's for their low cost labor....he wants them for their VOTES!!!

Just ask the Governor of Arizona about all the "help" the Feds are offering her in the fight against illegal immigration. The Justice Dept. is suing Arizona because they ARE enforcing our laws. Obama has bent over backwards to pander to the Hispanic population as he knows he needs these votes to have a chance of winning the election.   

Here I did the work for you.

Deportation

More deportation news

Even more, this one is homeland security

Still want more?

OOW....Nice try my friend! Throwing numerous links at me to make me seem uninformed. I swear to god, if one was looking right at a bright blue sky, a liberal will throw hundreds of articles at you to convince one that the sky is really black, and that you don't know what you are talking about. Typical liberal tactics. I am used to it. Oh, then claim checkmate on the way out the door:).   

I read your articles on deportation, and I would urge others to as well. Nothing much new there or rock solid conclusions one way or the other. So, yes, I will grant you that deportation is up slightly under Obama. A 5% increase year over year, is not exactly a big deal, but, its better than nothing. I think everybody knows the Dems stance on illegal immigration. They are for it!!! Please don't try to deny that.

- Fact: Obama ran on a platform of comprehensive immigration reform in 2008. He garnered Hispanic support for his election then.

- Fact: When the dems held the House, the Senate, as well as the Presidency in 2009-10, they had a chance to pass immigration reform, but, they did not sir.
     --- Reason: Obama was too busy passing the Porkulus and Healthcare. He knew if he tackled comprehensive immigration too, a real firestorm would be set off, and the Dems would have lost even worse than they did last Nov.

This is the reason the Hispanics are so upset with Obama now. He promised he would do something, and he didn't. However, unless a Marco Rubio is on the ticket next November, I doubt the Hispanics will support Republicans in large percentages, as Republicans are firmly in support of the nations immigration laws. Obama gets waffly there. He likes to have it both ways. Appear to support the laws, but offer back door amnesty as he is doing now.   

- Fact: Obama likes to give speeches. He gives supportive speeches to pander to Hispanics, and they buy it. He is looking for cheap votes. Your articles state this.

- Fact: Obama gave a speech to a Hispanic group last year before the elections urging Hispanic voters to go out and "vote against, or punish our enemies"...ie...the Republicans (who firmly support immigration laws).

- Fact: Just a week or so back, the Justice Dept has announced that "they don't have the resources to deport non-criminal illegals". This is back door amnesty, and Obama hopes it will play well with Hispanics so he can get thier votes, while not angering the general population too much as many people may not follow politics as closely as we do.

Since you like links and articles, I will give you one. Attached is a statement from it....

In a radio interview that aired on Univision on Monday, Mr. Obama sought to assure Hispanics that he would push an immigration overhaul after the midterm elections, despite fierce Republican opposition.

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

Referring specifically to Republicans such as Senator John McCain, who are stressing border security and supporting strict immigration laws like Arizona’s anti-illegal immigration measure, Mr. Obama said, “Those aren’t the kinds of folks who represent our core American values.”

Obama Urges Hispanics to Punish Enemies of Immigration Reform

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:15am
Arizona is not preempting federal law, mearly trying to enforce it. It you are so concerned about states pre-empting federal law I would think you would be outraged by sanctuary cities. They are blatent examples of states and cities trumping federal law. Arizona is suffering major crime due to illegal immigrants including murders and abduction rates near the highest in the world. The feds say it is their job to handle immigration but they are not doing the job. In the meantime Arizona, thousands of miles away from washington, is having to pay all the costs both monitarily and the community impact associated with illegal immigrants. I dont blame them for taking things into their own hands, If something does not happen at the state level, vigilanty justice will take over.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 12:50am

On Healthcare, get the government out of the way, and let the free market come in to compete, and costs will come down. Right now, the government won't let insurance companies compete across state lines. Its amazing what will happen to costs when you have competition. I am in the plastics industry, and I see it everyday. COSTS COME DOWN!!!

When is the last time the government managed anything efficiently? They can't even send a letter out without losing money.

Your above statement is exactly why we have a problem here. It's the race to the bottom.

I know, let's just forgo our immigration laws and allow a bunch of Mexicans to come here and work for much lower wages.   

Woooo! I could debate you on each point you made, but, this one is just too good to pass up.

Are you saying you actually think our immigration laws are really being enforced?? You have got to be kidding me!! Obama doesn't want the Mexican's for their low cost labor....he wants them for their VOTES!!!

Just ask the Governor of Arizona about all the "help" the Feds are offering her in the fight against illegal immigration. The Justice Dept. is suing Arizona because they ARE enforcing our laws. Obama has bent over backwards to pander to the Hispanic population as he knows he needs these votes to have a chance of winning the election.   

So the justice dept. is suing because Arizona is enforcing the law, really? Nice, sort of like telling half of the truth.

Better check your facts on that too. They are suing, but not for the reason you stated.

State laws cannot preempt the Constitution, nor Federal Law, and that is what where relief is being sought in court. I know you'll say I am being a little too technical. But as a tea party sympathizer you should be all for upholding the Constitution, that is what they stand for after all, right?   

Wait I'll do you work on this one too.

Federal lawsuit

Here is the actual lawsuit, via Fox news

Checkmate.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 12:35am

Here I did the work for you.

Deportation

More deportation news

Even more, this one is homeland security

Still want more?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 11:53pm
Wooo!

Better check your facts, Obama has deported more Mexicans than you think.

Check into it, and then repost. In fact look at the support from Mexicans for Obama, explain why the support is so low.

Shhesh.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 12:15pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 9:57pm
Give them the ol "hair folicle test"!! Let see if they pass then..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 9:30pm

Dave, you are right our current system is broken, couldn't agree with you more. Where you and I differ is how we should fix it. I still contend many currently unemployed are so not because they want to get this huge check every week.    I just don't agree with you about the private sector, that is not the answer to all our problems.

And this is what you see as the soulution.

1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 8:39pm

That kind competition is why we are here. Got rid of Gov. controls allowed the private sector to decide what is fair.

Cheaper isn't better. There is a reason you are not tooling around in a Chinese made boat, especially one made 10-15-20 years ago.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 8:32pm

im still having a very hard time with the HC system in this country, i really feel the insurance companies are in deep dictating, monopolizing, picking and choosing, people are living longer, I could put a new set of tires on a car, but its still a pos, its draining the entire system as Dave points out in an earlier post of one part of a business that suffers you then pull from a positve entity,
something has to be done to the HC system to contain the costs, the COG should go down as time passes, but it isnt, not that long ago, 15 years, i didnt have to come up with a nickle to pay for HC because it was covered by the employer medical, dental, eye 100%. now i pay out of pocket as most do and it crunches your bottem line at home, now you cant buy that new car which stimulates, those new 180.00 Nikes, a boat and so on....start at the core, fck i need a new fridge, but I'll wait

I find it funny the amount of republicans fighting "the affordable care act",   before Obama was in, it was talked about constantly, and they were for it.

You can have affordable care, or you can have the current system. The current one is broken. All those that are not covered, get expensive treatment, and you pay for it anyway. But common problems that are not life threatening go untreated.

Pretty damn sad in this country you have to be part of the "haves" to get some treatment for a common problem. Oh, you have a job at Walmart but no insurance, and you cannot afford to get eye surgery so you can see well, sorry , only the strong survive. That is pretty much what the Republican party stands for.

I spent two tears in Costa Rica. Costa Rica that little third world country. EVERYONE there was covered. EVERYONE. How can they do it? Of course to follow an example we would have to change some values we have come to accept as normal.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 8:17pm

OOW....I am sure there are millions of people that truly don't want to be unemployed. And, that is very unfortunate. I feel for those people. Its too bad that companies like GE are moving jobs to China. You know GE right? Its the company headed up by Jeff Immelt who is Chair of Obama's Jobs Board. Tell me that one doesn't have some bad optics.

Employers aren't hiring right now because of our Dear Leaders policies. Its all about the high costs, and uncertainties associated with Obamacare, and other regulations his regime is putting into place. I think you will see employment start to increase once we have a new President and the old policies being repealed.

But, regarding "welfare for work", maybe it won't lead to massive new employment, BUT, don't you think that it will do some good? Instead of people not having to lift a finger to get a welfare check, they would at least have to get off their arses, get up in the morning, go to work, learn a skill, and learn how to work with others? Maybe that in turn will lead to the possibility of getting a job when the economy turns around. I fear though that for some in our society, its too late. They have become so accustomed to having the govt take care of them, they are now hopeless. They are the ones that are doing drugs, involved in crime, and have large numbers of illegitmate children because the government has taught them that they can get more $$$$ for each kid they have. Unintended consequences.....

Remind me again what is is about liberalism that is so wonderful???

I think I agreed about "welfare to work", 4 times now. Not that I agree with all the stereotypes you cast on them though.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Seth, you didnt comment on the Newgate program that raises people out of poverty. You have said you hate monopolies, but the govt has a monopoly on welfare, and unemployment. They take the money at the threat of invading your homes with guns if you do not pay. I would rather choose to give money to innovative programs than a one fits all unsuccesfull govt plan. We have been fighting the war on poverty for over 60 years. It is by far the most expensive we have ever fought, the result. in total numbers there are far more in poverty now than when we started. In percentages we have the same in poverty now as we did when we started and there has been very little fluctuation o0ver the 60 years. We not only have not one the war, but we have yet to win a battle. This is what happens when you have a monopoly. the program is used to buy votes. It is not helping anyone rise out of the situation. You say there are people on welfare that would chose to get off it if they could. These are the people that would find something else if welfare were not there, it is just convienient and easy to collect the check. Another group will not get off till they are cut off, but we do not cut them off, so we will pay forever. It is broken system, that needs to be re-designed on a clean sheet of paper, probably in the private sector where people expect results.

As for Newgate, I am not familiar with that exact program but I am with others like it.   I was the coordinator with a program called "fresh start", after my first tour. It is very similar to Newgate I imagine, except it is building houses using almost solely "at risk youth" , which are then sold to families who meet certain criteria. This one however was partially funded federally through Americorp.

Excellent program, I didn't last long though. My mentality just wasn't with a wanna be gangster, who had not a shred of respect. I let my temper get the best of me, and I re-upped.

Anyway, these programs are great but I just can't see how they would replace the the current system.

I better like the idea spoken about recently on this thread. How about you take the folks on Unemployment and get them in touch with employers somehow. The unemployed still get a check, the employer gets some labor in return for paying the unemployment insurance and hopefully they form a relationship that turns into a regular position.

I do question specifics about how it would function as if the employers simply chooses to continue paying the UC insurance, it would be cheaper for them than assigning the person as full time.

Dave, you are right our current system is broken, couldn't agree with you more. Where you and I differ is how we should fix it. I still contend many currently unemployed are so not because they want to get this huge check every week.    I just don't agree with you about the private sector, that is not the answer to all our problems.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 12:39pm
i dont think they can step back and let the free market roll, they do need laws in place, it was in the free market since initiated but got way out of control, its not a product it is a service, but turned into a profitible product. a simple little thing like caps on malpractice law suits would save billions, MP insurnce put the door to door Dr. out of business, and i really believe it caused many doctors to become drug dealers, another problem on this small piece of rock we call the US, drug companies, a joke,
we are a civilized wealthy nation and we should have the best healthcare, but not at the cost of what it is
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 12:25pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 12:08pm
im still having a very hard time with the HC system in this country, i really feel the insurance companies are in deep dictating, monopolizing, picking and choosing, people are living longer, I could put a new set of tires on a car, but its still a pos, its draining the entire system as Dave points out in an earlier post of one part of a business that suffers you then pull from a positve entity,
something has to be done to the HC system to contain the costs, the COG should go down as time passes, but it isnt, not that long ago, 15 years, i didnt have to come up with a nickle to pay for HC because it was covered by the employer medical, dental, eye 100%. now i pay out of pocket as most do and it crunches your bottem line at home, now you cant buy that new car which stimulates, those new 180.00 Nikes, a boat and so on....start at the core, fck i need a new fridge, but I'll wait
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 11:57am
heavy taxes on imports? I watched i think it was 60 minutes, the CEO of Cisco said himself the we created to good of incentives to move abroad, corporatly i believe they pay 17% because they are based in Sweden with 1 girl in a rented office, thats the corps home address, he himself seems like he doesnt mind being set up here in the US and pay the standard 35%....at the end of the day though, he is a businessman, I cant remember what the savings were, maybe 21 billion???
swipe a pen, and if you want to do major business in this country, you have to be based in this country or you pay a high import tax, i believe they are 600 hundred major corps based in Ireland doing the same thing, phizer, phiezer being one of them
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 11:50am
Eric....I prefer to say we are debating and not bickering

On Clinton...yep, times were good under him. He was a good president. Maybe not such a good man (BJ's in the Oval Office). I would also argue that Obama is a good man, but a lousy president.

I say thank god for our two party system. The Republicans are finally starting to act like Republicans should act. As Reagan said...."Let there be bold differences, and not slightly different shades of pastels", or something very close to that, when it comes to our politicians.

If we had a one party system, one party could implement whatever they wanted, and there would never be any pushback. We saw that during Obama's first two years in office. He had the presidency, the House, and the Senate. They shoved healthcare right up our asses. The people didn't want it, but, by god the government was going to make sure we got it. We got it alright. I can't wait to see it repealed.

I will vote for whichever Republican boldly states they are running on a platform to repeal Obamacare. I honestly don't think Romney is the guy. Too much a pastel shade. Rick Perry is a bold contrast.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 11:47am

is a dictatorship possible? this democracy thing aint working anymore

I would argue that the soft dictatorship we have been living under for the past 2 1/2 years isn't working. In fact, you can see what its doing to our country, and people are rejecting it. Its time to end this little experiement and put democracy back to work again. Its works everytime its tried.

With all the regulation the govt has put out in the last two years we we have more dictated control than ever in history. Hows it working? It has frozen business. If it lasts it will chase far more employment off shore. If you think about it takes an amazing amount to get these companies to move from this country where wages and bennefits might be $50 an hour, to countrys where wages and bennefits might be $10. What do you think it will take to get them back? We will have to work for free. Better to keep them in the first place, they are our life blood and we are chasing them away.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 11:41am

Dave, as we bicker amongst ourselves, so do those a-holes in DC, its a stalemate, it got to big for its own good, Obama is a weak pres, just like Carter,(doing more good know than when he was CEO) but i watch these debates amongst the GOP and all they do is point, I want someone that is going to pop out from the group and grab the bull by its balls and squeeze, im past the boy who cried wolf. I just shake my head and gave both parties a chance, it really seems to me that its a mockery of what are founding fathers set out to do
I could not sgree more.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 11:31am
I think the BJs relieved the presidential tension, come on Kennedy did it too
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345 20>
  Share Topic