NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Debt

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920>
Author
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2011 at 9:57pm
Give them the ol "hair folicle test"!! Let see if they pass then..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Originally posted by davidg davidg wrote:

On Healthcare, get the government out of the way, and let the free market come in to compete, and costs will come down. Right now, the government won't let insurance companies compete across state lines. Its amazing what will happen to costs when you have competition. I am in the plastics industry, and I see it everyday. COSTS COME DOWN!!!

When is the last time the government managed anything efficiently? They can't even send a letter out without losing money.

Your above statement is exactly why we have a problem here. It's the race to the bottom.

I know, let's just forgo our immigration laws and allow a bunch of Mexicans to come here and work for much lower wages.   

Woooo! I could debate you on each point you made, but, this one is just too good to pass up.

Are you saying you actually think our immigration laws are really being enforced?? You have got to be kidding me!! Obama doesn't want the Mexican's for their low cost labor....he wants them for their VOTES!!!

Just ask the Governor of Arizona about all the "help" the Feds are offering her in the fight against illegal immigration. The Justice Dept. is suing Arizona because they ARE enforcing our laws. Obama has bent over backwards to pander to the Hispanic population as he knows he needs these votes to have a chance of winning the election.   
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2011 at 11:53pm
Wooo!

Better check your facts, Obama has deported more Mexicans than you think.

Check into it, and then repost. In fact look at the support from Mexicans for Obama, explain why the support is so low.

Shhesh.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 12:35am

On Healthcare, get the government out of the way, and let the free market come in to compete, and costs will come down. Right now, the government won't let insurance companies compete across state lines. Its amazing what will happen to costs when you have competition. I am in the plastics industry, and I see it everyday. COSTS COME DOWN!!!

When is the last time the government managed anything efficiently? They can't even send a letter out without losing money.

Your above statement is exactly why we have a problem here. It's the race to the bottom.

I know, let's just forgo our immigration laws and allow a bunch of Mexicans to come here and work for much lower wages.   

Woooo! I could debate you on each point you made, but, this one is just too good to pass up.

Are you saying you actually think our immigration laws are really being enforced?? You have got to be kidding me!! Obama doesn't want the Mexican's for their low cost labor....he wants them for their VOTES!!!

Just ask the Governor of Arizona about all the "help" the Feds are offering her in the fight against illegal immigration. The Justice Dept. is suing Arizona because they ARE enforcing our laws. Obama has bent over backwards to pander to the Hispanic population as he knows he needs these votes to have a chance of winning the election.   

Here I did the work for you.

Deportation

More deportation news

Even more, this one is homeland security

Still want more?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 12:50am

So the justice dept. is suing because Arizona is enforcing the law, really? Nice, sort of like telling half of the truth.

Better check your facts on that too. They are suing, but not for the reason you stated.

State laws cannot preempt the Constitution, nor Federal Law, and that is what where relief is being sought in court. I know you'll say I am being a little too technical. But as a tea party sympathizer you should be all for upholding the Constitution, that is what they stand for after all, right?   

Wait I'll do you work on this one too.

Federal lawsuit

Here is the actual lawsuit, via Fox news

Checkmate.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:15am
Arizona is not preempting federal law, mearly trying to enforce it. It you are so concerned about states pre-empting federal law I would think you would be outraged by sanctuary cities. They are blatent examples of states and cities trumping federal law. Arizona is suffering major crime due to illegal immigrants including murders and abduction rates near the highest in the world. The feds say it is their job to handle immigration but they are not doing the job. In the meantime Arizona, thousands of miles away from washington, is having to pay all the costs both monitarily and the community impact associated with illegal immigrants. I dont blame them for taking things into their own hands, If something does not happen at the state level, vigilanty justice will take over.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 2:13am

Here I did the work for you.

Deportation

More deportation news

Even more, this one is homeland security

Still want more?

OOW....Nice try my friend! Throwing numerous links at me to make me seem uninformed. I swear to god, if one was looking right at a bright blue sky, a liberal will throw hundreds of articles at you to convince one that the sky is really black, and that you don't know what you are talking about. Typical liberal tactics. I am used to it. Oh, then claim checkmate on the way out the door:).   

I read your articles on deportation, and I would urge others to as well. Nothing much new there or rock solid conclusions one way or the other. So, yes, I will grant you that deportation is up slightly under Obama. A 5% increase year over year, is not exactly a big deal, but, its better than nothing. I think everybody knows the Dems stance on illegal immigration. They are for it!!! Please don't try to deny that.

- Fact: Obama ran on a platform of comprehensive immigration reform in 2008. He garnered Hispanic support for his election then.

- Fact: When the dems held the House, the Senate, as well as the Presidency in 2009-10, they had a chance to pass immigration reform, but, they did not sir.
     --- Reason: Obama was too busy passing the Porkulus and Healthcare. He knew if he tackled comprehensive immigration too, a real firestorm would be set off, and the Dems would have lost even worse than they did last Nov.

This is the reason the Hispanics are so upset with Obama now. He promised he would do something, and he didn't. However, unless a Marco Rubio is on the ticket next November, I doubt the Hispanics will support Republicans in large percentages, as Republicans are firmly in support of the nations immigration laws. Obama gets waffly there. He likes to have it both ways. Appear to support the laws, but offer back door amnesty as he is doing now.   

- Fact: Obama likes to give speeches. He gives supportive speeches to pander to Hispanics, and they buy it. He is looking for cheap votes. Your articles state this.

- Fact: Obama gave a speech to a Hispanic group last year before the elections urging Hispanic voters to go out and "vote against, or punish our enemies"...ie...the Republicans (who firmly support immigration laws).

- Fact: Just a week or so back, the Justice Dept has announced that "they don't have the resources to deport non-criminal illegals". This is back door amnesty, and Obama hopes it will play well with Hispanics so he can get thier votes, while not angering the general population too much as many people may not follow politics as closely as we do.

Since you like links and articles, I will give you one. Attached is a statement from it....

In a radio interview that aired on Univision on Monday, Mr. Obama sought to assure Hispanics that he would push an immigration overhaul after the midterm elections, despite fierce Republican opposition.

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

Referring specifically to Republicans such as Senator John McCain, who are stressing border security and supporting strict immigration laws like Arizona’s anti-illegal immigration measure, Mr. Obama said, “Those aren’t the kinds of folks who represent our core American values.”

Obama Urges Hispanics to Punish Enemies of Immigration Reform

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 3:22am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Arizona is not preempting federal law, mearly trying to enforce it. It you are so concerned about states pre-empting federal law I would think you would be outraged by sanctuary cities. They are blatent examples of states and cities trumping federal law. Arizona is suffering major crime due to illegal immigrants including murders and abduction rates near the highest in the world. The feds say it is their job to handle immigration but they are not doing the job. In the meantime Arizona, thousands of miles away from washington, is having to pay all the costs both monitarily and the community impact associated with illegal immigrants. I dont blame them for taking things into their own hands, If something does not happen at the state level, vigilanty justice will take over.

Hold on there.   Never said where I stood on the points of the lawsuit. I did however clarify, "suing them because they are enforcing the law", is different than "the federal gov, claims Arizona's actions are preempting Federal law"

Your opening statement, well, that is what the courts are for. Not me nor you, but you seem to be able to sort it out pretty quick. I'll wait for the decision to be made, whatever it is, because it is really the only one that is going to matter.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 3:45am
So you claim the laws are not being enforced.....

then
I correct you on a misleading statement you have made,

and you try to bring your argument back by saying there is some improvement, but not enough for me, so Ononewheel you are wrong and trying to call the sky black.

Obama's stance hasn't been much different than any other president, so he gets the blame.

++++ for doing a fine job on explaining the current lack of support for Obama by Mexicans.

I don't condone Obamas stance on "buying the Mexicans" we all know what is happening.

However, he is deporting them, and in record numbers. Yeah, not as fast as you would like, but nothing is working as fast as it should be right now.

I contend Obama wants them for the votes, and the republicans have already realized they don't need them anymore, they can treat all Americans like the Mexicans.

By the way, the Arizona law really amounts to requiring or allowing Arizona police to stop and require Mexicans to prove their citizenship.

That is messed up, and if you say it isn't you are. So an immigrant from Germany, or Canada doesn't have the same risks? Require it for you too, and you view might change. Imagine haveing to prove your citizenship over and over.

The US military is full of Mexicans, they are fighting for you.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 9:51am
and picking your weeds...and taking care of the wealthy's housework
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 9:56am
I think the border patrol are the only ones hiring nowadays
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:42pm
Oner,

Bad source, liberal media again bro. Those facts are false. Obama loves illegal immigrants for many reasons. Not just to get votes. And who do you think got him over the top in 2008. Illegal immigrants...

uploads/6885/securedownload3.jpg">

uploads/6885/securedownload4.jpg">

By the way, I didn't see the ABC, CBS,
NBC, CNN, MSNBC covering this - did you?

Those who have visited Chicago may recognize the downtown area.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 1:57pm

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

and picking your weeds...and taking care of the wealthy's housework

Yeah, maybe I should have just said, illegal immigrants have ben doing much of the nations work for a long time.

It isn't about the Mexicans exclusively, it is others as well.

The border is much about more about waste of resources than it is about stopping immigration. Sorry to my brothers doing that job.

I would think two things might make the border more secure than any fence, guards, or a moat with alligators.

- Require all workers in US to be citizens, and actually enforce it, strongly without fail.

- Legalize the weed.

I know there are consequences to these two actions, but I think the promise of a job and the high profits from weed drive illegals of many countries to run the gauntlet we call the border security.

Americans will pull weeds and do the laundry, we did for years until a labor force who could do it much cheaper arrived.

Wow, that just came from a "liberal". I just don't like it when folks say things that are half of the truth. I did it a in this thread, and admitted to it. Why can't others do the same?

Clearly, immigration isn't a problem Obama caused, yes he is permitting it to happen, but so have all presidents of recent years.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 12:02pm
so who would be paying these groups to come work the fields? maybe the North should come up with an emancipation again?
kill the incentive and they wont wanna come here
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Spoken like someone who intends to be a millionaire one day.

Check this article,

Stop Coddling the Super-Rich

Heard a little news about Warren Buffet and taxes today. Apparently one of his companies, Berkshire Hathaway owes back taxes from the years 2002 to 2009, They stated in a press release that they hope to get paid up,through 2004 in the next twelve months. No word on 2005-2009. Maybe that is why he pays a lower percentage than his secretary, he just does not pay. Nothing like getting lectured on paying more taxes from someone not up to date on their own.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 8:52pm

So you claim the laws are not being enforced.....

then
Obama's stance hasn't been much different than any other president, so he gets the blame.

However, he is deporting them, and in record numbers. Yeah, not as fast as you would like, but nothing is working as fast as it should be right now.

Obama has one aunt that succesfully fought deportation and now an uncle who is illegal and going through the courts, Do you think this might affect his views?

Bush wanted to build a wall but was for the most part succesfully blocked by democrats. A little different from Obamas stance of only deporting violent criminals. He may be deporting record numbers but I know you like percentages for fairness, I bet as a percent of the growing illegal hispanic polulation in the US, deportation numbers are down.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2011 at 9:35pm
Well, I certainly think this deportation debate goes much further than Obama.   I get it, you don't like anything about his views, his family, or him. You attempting to pin the immigration problem solely on Obama, is flattering for your ego, but that is not reality and deep down have to admit that.

So now the argument is Obama is bad, because he deports violent illegals in record numbers.   Now compare that to the Bush record, of just deporting fewer.

I don't particularly like Obama's stance on illegal immigration, or many other polices, but I dislike the republican plan even more.

Yeah, a wall might stop some. I still think taking the incentive to work or get hired in this country is far more effective. When I lived in Costa Rica for two years I saw many American tourists come for vacation, and inquire about moving here and getting a job. It can't happpen, at least not like that.
I favor an immigration policy not unlike countries like Costa Rica because it works.

davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 12:16am
I find it rather ironic that when we went to Mexico earlier this summer, the Mexican immigration offic had to have my great-grandmothers social security number before I could get into or out of their beautiful country. But, the Mexican government seems to condone illegal immigration into the US. I love how the Mexican government also condems Arizona's strong anti-illegal immigration laws. Can you say hypocrasy???

We have laws in this country for a reason. I think Obama, and Bush for that matter too, have ignored our immigration laws to the dentriment of this country. Immigration is fine, but just make sure it LEGAL immigration.

I also don't buy this BS of "Well, we need the illegals....American's won't do the work they do". BS again. With the unemployment rate at 9%+, people will work!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 12:43am
I have nothing against Obama and certainly not his family, I do disagree with almost all of his policy as it comes from an activists agenda and is not in the long term best interest of the country. As I predicted a page or two ago, Obama currently is planning to announce another round of stimulus spending. Somewhow funding schools and union jobs (democrats biggest supporters), and long term unemployment is alway the solution to any problem, including a debt crisis. It is hard to watch a train wreck happen over and over again.
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 9:43am
So the solution to the problem is...........

Nothing, that's it, nothing, zero. Do nothing.   

Don't spend. Cut everything. All of it.

Don't raise a bit more money. None, zero. Not one penny.

The Governemnt is you, that is like starving yourself.

Yep, sounds like that'll lead to a wonderful nation, with progress being made to take us someplace better than here.

That about sums up the tea party and the party whom have ridden the tea party coat tails for far too long. Can't we just gather the tea party and ship them all to live in Texas, separate from the US?

Yeah, school funding and union jobs are our problem.
Sure. You say that like it is our main problem.

I say one thing, if the Republicans are going to stand firm against everything Obama does for the next 14 months, and show the reckless grandstanding they have done with the debt ceiling, they will experience poor results in any election, regardless of Obama's actions.

It should all be on the table. Immigation, taxes, healthcare, military funding, war spending, TAXES, job creation, school funding.

Cut some Raise some.

Who the hell would say, "we are not meeting budget, hummm, I will just cut expenses, and never ever look at raising revenue."?
Corporations do just that.

***************, I don't care if I get ALL payroll taxes back every week. What does that get me, groceries? Maybe, but with two boys, not likely.
I need more, I cut and raise. Both Simple.

I'm voting whoever isn't riding the Tea party express.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 9:50am

I have nothing against Obama and certainly not his family, I do disagree with almost all of his policy as it comes from an activists agenda and is not in the long term best interest of the country.

Yeah, you don't care about that.....

That is why you know about some deportation of his aunt, and recent trouble with his brother

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:01am
once again, kill the incentives, track down the fat cats that hire these people, they arnt sight seeing they are coming here to work and that means a bonified US citizen is paying them.....those are the guys you have to go after.
fck, their killing eachother off at a fast rate anyways down there because of the drug trade
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 10:53am
I'm still waiting for my promised schooling from the unicyclist...
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:19am

So the solution to the problem is...........

Nothing, that's it, nothing, zero. Do nothing.   

Don't spend. Cut everything. All of it.

Don't raise a bit more money. None, zero. Not one penny.

The Governemnt is you, that is like starving yourself.

Yep, sounds like that'll lead to a wonderful nation, with progress being made to take us someplace better than here.

That about sums up the tea party and the party whom have ridden the tea party coat tails for far too long. Can't we just gather the tea party and ship them all to live in Texas, separate from the US?

Yeah, school funding and union jobs are our problem.
Sure. You say that like it is our main problem.

I say one thing, if the Republicans are going to stand firm against everything Obama does for the next 14 months, and show the reckless grandstanding they have done with the debt ceiling, they will experience poor results in any election, regardless of Obama's actions.

It should all be on the table. Immigation, taxes, healthcare, military funding, war spending, TAXES, job creation, school funding.

Cut some Raise some.

Who the hell would say, "we are not meeting budget, hummm, I will just cut expenses, and never ever look at raising revenue."?
Corporations do just that.

***************, I don't care if I get ALL payroll taxes back every week. What does that get me, groceries? Maybe, but with two boys, not likely.
I need more, I cut and raise. Both Simple.

I'm voting whoever isn't riding the Tea party express.

Cuting and raising depend on your situtation. The government can get short term money by raising taxes and deficit spending but that decreases their income long term. The other solution is to create the conditions for growth, which pays off short and long term.

If one is in the situation where they have dined out nightly on steak and lobster, and now they are not only fat and sluggish but they have maxed out thier home equity line and all their credit cards, the problem is not likely to be solved by a few percent more income. They can ask for increases in their credit limit but this will only dig them into a deaper hole. At some point they must take a look in the mirror and say I am fat, bloated, sluggish and broke because I have been self indulgent and irresponsible. This is a great point to starve yourself, it saves money and starts to make you leaner, the next step is exercise, looking for ways proactive ways to cut the excess fat and speed the process. This is not easy. It takes dedication to the tasks. It invovles a lot of whining, It hurts to watch those around you indulge while you miss out on the "good things". But in the long term you reduce the stress on your systems both physical and finacial, you feel good that you made the changes and you live longer. You end up wonderfull and in a better place. Or you can get another credit card, keep dining out on steak and lobster, maybe add some shrimp, and then try to dig yourself out of a deeper whole later. The writing is on the wall, it says wake up!!!!!

I would love to have a few states that were all republican and a few that were all democrat just to see what the end result would be. What a cool experiment.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:25am

I have nothing against Obama and certainly not his family, I do disagree with almost all of his policy as it comes from an activists agenda and is not in the long term best interest of the country.

Yeah, you don't care about that.....

That is why you know about some deportation of his aunt, and recent trouble with his brother

I know about it because it is in the news, hard to find but in the news, as it should be. If our president has potentialo for conflict of interest we should know about it. just a judge recuses themselves from casses they are connected to maybe our president should also. At the very least we should keep our politicians reminded that they serve us, not thier own specific concerns.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 11:39am
OMG finally, one is not looking to the government to solve a problem. the core of this discussion was just realized.
funny how things work, my friend was bragging just yesterday, both his daughter and son in law work in DC, both cracking 70 ish a year.I laughed cause he sends them money to get them out of a jam frequently.
my wife doesnt work, so i dont bring in close to those 2 figures combined.....heres the difference, they are paying 3500.00 month for a roof over there heads, probably 2 big car payments, everything is twice the price.

I vowed years ago not to have 2 car payments, yeah yeah, spur the economy, now im down to no car payments, and on the weekends i can go get my lobster, i dont own a credit card, only one for the business, pay cash for everything.......im a different person not worrying about keeping up with the joneses...and i have cash set aside to put the kids thru at least 2 years of college, but invested for when the time comes (if the pubbies dont rob me anymore) they should be able to do the 4 year stint. to me thats what its all about
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 2:07pm

I also don't buy this BS of "Well, we need the illegals....American's won't do the work they do". BS again. With the unemployment rate at 9%+, people will work!!

Wait, I thought they would rather sit back and collect unemployment and live off welfare? Ya know, the luxuries of a couple hundo a week and cable TV! Nothing like living the dream without having to work!

And OverMyHead,

Calling Buffet a "tax cheat" because his corporate accountant­s for Berkshire Hathaway took tax positions on deductions that IRS disagreed with is an ignorant ad hominem attack with no basis in fact. According to IRS regulation­s, an aggressive tax position on deductibil­ity of expenses is not considered "frivolous­" if the position has at least a 1 in 3 chance of prevailing­. Furthermore, Warren Buffet knows what's written in his own annual report long before it's been released to everyone else, and certainly long before he made his statements regarding the American tax inequalities­­.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Wait, I thought they would rather sit back and collect unemployment and live off welfare? Ya know, the luxuries of a couple hundo a week and cable TV! Nothing like living the dream without having to work!

And OverMyHead,

Calling Buffet a "tax cheat" because his corporate accountant­s for Berkshire Hathaway took tax positions on deductions that IRS disagreed with is an ignorant ad hominem attack with no basis in fact. According to IRS regulation­s, an aggressive tax position on deductibil­ity of expenses is not considered "frivolous­" if the position has at least a 1 in 3 chance of prevailing­. Furthermore, Warren Buffet knows what's written in his own annual report long before it's been released to everyone else, and certainly long before he made his statements regarding the American tax inequalities­­.

Phil, you are the one complaining about loopholes and write offs, now when yout buddy Warren use them it is agressive tax accounting?....which is it?
1987 Ski Nautique

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2011 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I'm still waiting for my promised schooling from the unicyclist...

On the "fair tax"?

Well, I will if you want, it didn't seem as though you were open to anything that didn't fit into your box. You blither quite a bit about paying less in taxes, and you support a tax policy that effectively raises your tax liability, I'm confused.

Remember the "fair tax" you speak of is not a new idea, it came from two books, both of which were discredited by most economists.

Have you really ran so out of options, you have begun to pick apart my screen name? I wait for the day you start calling me a "socialist nazi"

Frankly, I am getting pretty sick of this argument. I'm ready to see what happens in 2012..

I'll still give you a bit of information about the "fair tax" if you want.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 1617181920>
  Share Topic