NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

engine bogging out at 3200

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2005 at 2:02am
Get back on the dabnab horse and ride again!We have a month & 1/2 of usually good weather where there is less traffic!
I will make you a bet...
that 62 we are getting rebuild will be on the water before you are running trouble free!You have a big head start...engine is still at the machine shop!
Dinner and drinks(movie...Team America) for the winner!!!Get to work you pathectic bast__d.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2005 at 1:39pm
Take a look at what's wrong and get it fixed!
Git R' DUN!!!!!
Maybe before you take it out again you should give the engine a thorough inspection. Get a piece of paper and pencil and write down everything you find, and then fix the problems one by one.
Look for loose fasteners, bolts, loose wiring/terminals. Oil leaks/fuel/water. Inspect the hoses, belts, and plug wires. Go over every square inch, and make a list. Then get R fixed. Check all of your servicing too. Engine oil and fuel, and transmission, along with battery and terminals. You'll learn a little, get a few things fixed, and have fun in the process!
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2005 at 2:37pm
Right on Skyhawkflyer!
stang

The Super Air

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2005 at 5:31am
nate
the carb number is 0437. but the original one was 2196. is there something wrong? I thought when you get another carb the numbers are suppose to match or is that just when you get a rebuild kit?
anyway i've been trying to fix the problem and the stuff i've been told to do has not corrected the problem at all. i did see where the thermostatic coil spring looked a little worn would that have anything to do with my sencondaries not opening?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2005 at 10:31am
Yes,
Your thermostatic spring pulls the choke open as it warms up. If the spring is defective, the choke doesn't open. If the choke doesn't fully open then the secondaries are not available at any throttle position. Post a picture of the thermostatic spring.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2005 at 6:03am
the reason why i say it could be the spring is because its pretty loose its the kind that is screwed into the intake manifold. their is no adjustment to it.screws on and off. im not even sure if i can get it off it looks like the original? ill try to get some pics taken of it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2005 at 10:31am
By your description, it sounds like the root of your problem, or at least a start!!! Take a picture, and soak it down with penetrating oil that creeps. You'll get it off. Patients!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2005 at 2:07am
well i think it is going to be a bit the screw holding the spring together is stripped.so i'm going to get something to get it out. ill tell ya more later.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2005 at 2:36am
Well...I saw Jeff's problem in action today!It does look like what Skyhawkflyer is on it! After the engine ran for a few minutes...the choke plate was not opening.
I am not familar with that carb...but was wondering if the sping tention is adjustable?
Also...can you convert it to an electric choke?
stang

The Super Air

jeff View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2005 at 5:03pm
well my boating days this year are over.
my pistons are a slappin. the good things is that a friend of mine is a mechcanic and he is willing to let me use his garage and help me out with it this winter.
southwind 20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southwind 20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2005 at 2:07am
Not to be a *** **** but the Predator I pulled off the drag car works really, really nice!
Git One ON!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic