Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust Manifold repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Pillbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Manifold repair
    Posted: March-17-2004 at 10:55pm
I am in need of info on repairing the exhaust manifold(s) for a 1982 Correct Craft Southwind. PCM looks pretty standard but don't want the dealer touching it. Anybody have any do's and don'ts on this. Also, best place for replacement parts. Any and all appreciated.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2004 at 10:43am
J.A. Chamberlain has PCM exhaust mainifolds pretty cheap. their web site is www.marineexhaustmanifolds.com Ask for the PCM brand it's the same price as the OSCO's.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 2:44pm
call 407-851-1965 ask for woody. complete set with all hardware retails for just less than $700.00 plus shipping.
woodyelc
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 4:53pm
I just spent $385 including shipping for two PCM mainfolds and the PCM install kit. If the riser are not used in salt water they should be all right and not need replaced unless their realy old.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 4:59pm
Woody what do the risers run, for a pair? I have to double check mine and make sure they are still good to re-use but I may have to replace them as well.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 7:10pm
pcm riser 109.95ea.
woodyelc
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2004 at 9:39pm
osco makes a thicker center riser 351 manifold with a longer warrenty and is cheaper, but i would still go with the pcm items. secc is comparable to skidim on price.

the 2 dollar question is do you have a 454?
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2004 at 11:25am
I have a source for PCM riser at $82.00 each, I all ready have the PCM manifolds and install kit. Don't like the looks of the OSCO stuff.
Pillbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2004 at 10:42pm
Finally got back to read, thanks for the info...79 Nautique, Chamberlain's is your "source"? Risers should be fine, boat has never seen salt H2O and only has 430hrs on engine. Some nimrod did not pull the upper drain plugs and guess what, that's right ice.If you can get back to me on your source it would be much appreciated as I like the $385 figure over the $700. any day. Let me know.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2004 at 3:07am
700 ish is for a complete system and installation hardware.

manifolds are 180-190 or so a side.
3" risers are 90 or so per side.
installation 'kit' contains all gaskets and bolts is about 90 bucks, but you can just get the gaskets.

taxs and shipping vary.

install the riser gasket with the open hole towards the front of the block on a d-drive.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2004 at 10:21am
Chamberlain is my source give them a call
1-800-262-2929 and ask for the PCM OEM parts the manifolds are $152 ea., riser $82 ea. and the kit is like $54. they sell osco and pcm for the same price. the pictures on the web site are osco (the pcm's look bad is what they told me) but ask for the PCM versions.
pilwilly View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2004 at 2:39am
thanks for all the help. got it
Pillbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2004 at 2:41am
Don't know who that was but, yeah thanks, I called 'em and they are on the way. great info.
cisom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cisom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2004 at 3:33pm
I bought a set of Osco's for my 351w from Basic Power. Good prices, no shipping on orders over $50.00.
http://www.basicpower.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic