NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hurricane Irene

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane Irene
    Posted: August-24-2011 at 10:32am
Anyone making any preparations?

Being that I'll be at the reunion I think I'll take the canopy off the boat lift and put some seasonal stuff away.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 11:22am
Kevin,
I'm just inland from Cape Hatteras and it's lookin like were in the bulls eye. Just about ready at home but I'm in the middle of putting up a 24 x 16 deck at Lake Gaston and there's wood all over the front yard. I'm taking off at lunch on Friday to secure all the loose stuff and pull the toon out so it dosen't beat up the dock. Hope I have enough time.
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

PAPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2011 at 8:10pm
Andy, Good luck to you, Take care, I hope you get through it without any problems. John.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:19pm
Thanks John,
They just passed the word that USMC Cherry Point will be closed tomorrow for the storm. So now I need to get a hold of a sharpie. I'll put my phone # on all my crap so I can get it back. Looks bad for us - let'er blow
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:28pm
Good luck Andy, I hope that beautiful silver baby of yours is FAR out of harms way!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 5:54pm
I wish all a safe time out that way. Good luck guys
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 6:31pm
Best case scenario we get a lot of rain and the lakes will be full again. My plan is to stay away from Marty's place. It seems to be a weather magnet.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 7:26pm
My Brother in law from Vancouver was talking to my wife last and the Hurricane came up in the conversation. She mentioned we took the boat out of the water and we were heading to New Hampshire for the weekend. Not realizing we were going to the reunion he said " isn't that a bit extreme?".
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

My plan is to stay away from Marty's place. It seems to be a weather magnet.

Poor Marty, I think it's those metal car ports he puts up. They look too much like a trailer home to a hurricane or a tornado!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 8:56pm
Looks like we're going to be on the high wind side of the storm, versus heavy rain. They can't confirm the path yet. I'm putting the Weber grill in the tool shed, that's about it. I can't imagine how it is to live along the coast. That's got to be stressful.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by harddock harddock wrote:

My Brother in law from Vancouver was talking to my wife last and the Hurricane came up in the conversation. She mentioned we took the boat out of the water and we were heading to New Hampshire for the weekend. Not realizing we were going to the reunion he said " isn't that a bit extreme?".

That's how we roll in New England.
skier12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skier12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2011 at 12:12pm
I live in right around Hartford, CT and my preparations involve driving to our lake house in MA to take advantage of this gorgeous 85 degree windless day!! After that though, I'm planning to be without power for at least a day or two, it's been 20 years since we've had a hurricane and these aren't palm trees up here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic