Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barracude - Hull Number

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
green cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barracude - Hull Number
    Posted: September-01-2011 at 8:56pm
Does anyone know where the Hull ID is on a barracuda... I was
told the boat is a 69 but i believe it is a 70.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 9:19pm
It's on the port stringer near the engine,it is an aluminium plate nailed on to top of the stringer.Your main problem will be that it does not tell you the year.You'll have to write to Correct Craft to get that. Post some pictures of it there are some here who can tell you what year it is.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
green cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 10:28pm
We cannot seem to locate anything... can you be specific as to what the port stringer is... We have looked in and around the engine... up under the dash... on the back of the boat. we've had numerous spots told to us to look and this is becoming a nightmare.   
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2011 at 11:52pm
I was/am having the same problem. Pete told me to look on the stringer anywhere under the motor. Also the obvious place is by the throttle. I can see on mine where the plate was at one time but it is no longer there. I also spoke with Art Cozier and he mentioned that sometimes the number was written in crayon on the wood that the seats or floor was made from. Hope this helps.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2011 at 12:09am
Previous owner may have taken it off then. On my Skylark it is on the port main stringer right under the exhaust manifold. Off course there's a story with mine. Check the bilge real good- could've came loose and might be stuck in the muck somewhere. Some even had them stamped or written on the seat frames.

66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic