Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pcm 1:23 tranny drain

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pcm 1:23 tranny drain
    Posted: August-29-2005 at 2:54am
I have a 1991 SN with a pcm 1:23transmission .
I was wondering if it would be ok to replace the 7 mm drain plug,with a hose simiular to the oil drain on my engine? It would make tranny fluid changes much easier.Anyone know if this has been done before or if it would cause a problem for the tranny?
skyhawkflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyhawkflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2005 at 11:48am
Sounds like it would be OK if you use the proper oil hose.
On my 87 it's very quick for me to change the fluid. I can do it in 10 minutes flat without making a mess. I bought a $9.00 suction gun (looks similar to a grease gun) for servicing automotive rear ends and it works great. Very fast, no mess, and I use the gun ONLY on the transmission.
woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2005 at 2:01pm
I have tried that type of gun, doesn't work on my tranny. The dip stick hole reduces down to a really small hole so I can't get all the fluid out . Maybe I 'm doing something wrong ?
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2005 at 2:02pm
I bought the "Suck Up" from SkiDIM. It sucks the tranny fluid out through the dipstick hole. It works very well and has come in handy for a lot of other projects.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic