NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Geneva ACBS Show?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Geneva ACBS Show?
    Posted: September-19-2011 at 12:14am
Anyone going to the Lake Geneva Show next weekend?
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 12:39am
I am but I'm always there!!

I was going to post a notice of the event. People, this is the once a year "international" show!! Our chapter has been trying to host this for years. The big hold back has always been the amount of space needed the big guys want. I understand that we have close to around 300 boats registered!! Theses are boats from all over the country and possibly even some international. The events are going on for the whole week but the big public showing is Saturday. If you're in the area. don't miss it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 2:30am
...dont forget to pay to park... parking signage in the city of Fontana SUCCKKKKKK!

...other than that should be lots of great boats. (btw Pete, just got back from Quincy IL show... GREAT turn out there!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 10:26am
Pete & Steve - I am planning on coming - should be there around 10AM. Where will you guys be hanging out?

Ben Franklin
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 11:12am
Would love to but way too busy this weekend.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2011 at 1:36pm
Chris,
I should be at the ramp as I'm one of the volunteers and am assigned to it. It'll be great seeing you. We missed you at GL this year!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 1:49am
From what I understand there is going to be a Mecum boat auction there on Sunday. Pete, is this correct? Aproximately 100 boats.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 2:07am
Here you go Pat, Bring your check book. Auction
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 3:39am
Heard that Van Dam is going to be there with a couple of their new boats, including their new Gage-Hacker series. Would be awesome to check out!
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 10:04am
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

From what I understand there is going to be a Mecum boat auction there on Sunday. Pete, is this correct? Aproximately 100 boats.

Pat,
I'm hearing 300!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 10:11am
Originally posted by MIskier MIskier wrote:

Heard that Van Dam is going to be there with a couple of their new boats, including their new Gage-Hacker series. Would be awesome to check out!

Matt,
They have been coming to this show for several years since Gage is on the lake, they are the originator of the Gage-Hacker and Van Dam is building the new Gage-Hacker. It's funny that the late contemporary class does get plenty of attention but no where near the real wood boats!!

I don't know how International is handling the late contemporay class registration but when it's in the hands of our chapter for this show, we actually limit the class in the number of boats. Typically it's one for Gage, one for a Van Dam owner off the lake and one for Van Dam themselves. This is due to space and the fact that people, as mentioned, are interested more with the actual restorations.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 1:19am
I stopped at the show on the way back from Wisconsin today. So many different types of vintage boats it will make your head spin.

View of the Abbey and its harbor

Paging Pete Brainerd....Please quit looking at the tubes at Gordy's Pro Shop and come get your red vest and get your arse to work!

Mecum Auction Tent

Cool Red Resorter

These are EVERYWHERE!

Here is a Streblow. It is made in the Lake Geneva area.

Damn...they even have flying saucers here
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2011 at 9:12pm
Chris (conrad),
I got your PM this morning at work. I would have responded but you too have got your email locked out being marked "private".

Sorry to hear you won't be making it to the show. I was looking forward to seeing you but certainly understand when a old friends death comes up it creates a problem with the personal life scheduling.

I'll get some pictures posted. (Billy told me at least 3 times not to forget my camera!!!)

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 10:40am
Pete - Sorry to have to bail on the plan but some things trump boat plans.

60 years old, died in sleep from massive heart attack. Probably the best way to go if you have to. Getting close to home since I'm not far from that age. Maybe it's time for me to smell some roses.

Thanks for pointing out my email address was blocked, didn't know that.

Post some photos of the class winners. Those old boats are so elegant.

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 11:45am
Hosting the international brought in plenty of new boats!!

39 Garwood

33 Hacker

Chris #7

38 Chris deluxe

39 Century sedan

Chris Clipper

Miss IX (I was very disappointed to see modern power in it!!)

Dispro

New 2011 Gage Hacker

57 Larson

79 Streblow

66 Resorter

1905 Lozier

1907 Fay & Bowen

69 Riva

A 63 ORIGINAL (not Van Dam) Gage Hacker!!

37 Ventor

53 Delta

I love this one!!!

Twin SB Chevy's at 400 HP each

New Aristocraft

Original Aristocraft

A aluminum Garwood!!

Some old lake launches

Of course the water patrol was there too!!

The only CC and it's our very own "Big wave Dave"!!!

Joe needs one of these

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 12:04pm
Pete, were you a judge?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

Pete, were you a judge?

Eric,
Not on this one. The ACBS brings in their own judges each year at their international show.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
MIskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 5:13pm
Pete,

Great pictures! Love that that old gar and the 69 Riva beautiful boats!
2006 MasterCraft PS 190

1986 CC Ski Nautique 2001
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 3:52pm
Pete,
Did you stick around for the auction/ Buy anything?    

just checked out the Mecum site..looks like a lot of "No Sale" to me.. bad economy? / low bidder count? / high reserves?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

just checked out the Mecum site..looks like a lot of "No Sale" to me.. bad economy? / low bidder count? / high reserves?

No correct crafts!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 4:19pm

Pete,
Did you stick around for the auction/ Buy anything?    

No I didn't stick around. It was Sunday and I was only up there on Saturday for the day. Besides, after last Wednesday’s market, I didn't have anything to spend!!

They sure had some BIG "ticket" boats at that auction!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 4:33pm

Pete,
...just after last Wednesdays market? my stock market "hit" was wayyyyyy before that....

It looks like someone still has some expendable income, the boats that did sell were a "bit" out of my budget...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2011 at 4:44pm

Pete,
...just after last Wednesdays market? my stock market "hit" was wayyyyyy before that....

Steve,
Yes, your point is well taken!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic