NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Amway - Orinn Woodward - TEAM

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amway - Orinn Woodward - TEAM
    Posted: September-20-2011 at 2:12pm
This scheme is sweeping through Twin Lakes, WI preying on the lower middle class looking for an easy buck. Anyone have any knowledge or experience with it? It's a complete joke, yet many of my colleagues at the hardware store are complete believers. Their product is LIFE, leadership, blah blah blah. It "launches" November 1.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2011 at 6:13pm
Who was that nut talking about drink the kool-aid? The Rev or something. The big one around here is Market America. When I used to wait tables in college these guys would come in and leave their business card as a tip. Like it was a favor to be invited in. Needless to say they suck!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 2:17pm
Amway (Quixtar) is at this point basically where you pay money to get the opportunity to buy a lot of stuff that you normally wouldnt buy at all because you feel like you are getting a good deal on it since the more you buy the more they give you back.. oh and if you suck all your friends, relatives, aquaintances, etc into it then you get a part of the money that they spend on stuff they wouldnt normally buy as well .. but you can call the whole thing a business and make it a tax write off. they are huge enough that they can buy enough influence to keep the whole thing legal including charging crazy sums of money for the materials you use to indoctrinate your friends and family..

Orrin woodward left and started to make noise about it in an effort to promote his own less product.. more ponzi based version .. until he was sued and eventually bought off to shut up about the whole thing..

At best you put in a whole lot of time and energy and annoy everyone you know and for your trouble after you screw the rest of the country by not paying your fair share of taxes you break even on all the crap you buy that you wouldnt have usually bought, at worst you spend the money and time and get nothing but annoyed friends and family to show for it..
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 5:49pm
What Joe said.
Doug
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 7:07pm
It is a scheme that makes the rounds here about every decade, but some people do make it. I first heard of it back in the 70's in the Sebago Lake area. A few years ago, this guy showed up at Sebago Lake in a new Cigarette. He had bought a $1M house across the lake, and supposedly had a jet and a big house in FLA. All done with Amway.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 7:23pm
I see the ever so slight potential when selling actual products, but this L.I.F.E thing isn't much on its own...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 7:34pm
It was bizzare even back then. My buddy in Sebago who was about 17 was selling it and he wouldn't tell us what he was doing until we agreed to sit down and let him give us a presentation. He breaks out this chalkboard and started talking about us having the choice of going down the road of a 45 year J O B plan or we could do the AMWAY Plan. This was a rural town of less than 1,000 and everyone between 17 and 25 was trying to pedal the stuff and sign up new salesmen. We're still laughing about it.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2011 at 5:03pm
Amway, quickstar is a huge and succesful company and many have done well by following the plan. That said they relie on individual sub contractors to promote the products and the only real way to make money is to bring others in to sell underneath you. This leaves a lot of room for unscroupulus behavior, the most common is the meeting where they will not tell you who they represent. They are way more than a soap company and they do have some very high quality products. If you normally pay full price for name brands, they compete on cost and quality, but if you shop generics, house brands and bargains they are way over priced. I became a believer in a few of their nutritional products and signed on for a year to try part time sales, I though the products would sell themselves with some personal testimony, but people are very suspicious about what they will consume. It was not my thing and I gave it up. I still like their energy drinks.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2016 at 2:41pm
Dave you still drinking those "drinks"? lol
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-09-2016 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

at worst you spend the money and time and get nothing but annoyed friends and family to show for it..

One of my best friends fell for this type of thing on the insurance side (Primerica) and is still trying to make the dream become a reality. Spent almost every day with the guy and almost overnight lost touch and still haven't talked 6+ years later.

It's sad to see them fall for the trap but even worse for the people who think they're covered and end up wth nothing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic