NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dredging

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
vondy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dredging
    Posted: September-21-2011 at 6:56pm
My dad took a video of some dredging being done on his channel at his lake house. I thought this was pretty amazing. He said the boat is a 351 inboard. Can't imagine he's too worried about messing up his prop.

I'm glad he's digging it out some more. Last time we brought the mustang through there it was just shy of 2 feet. At least the bottom is all sand.

Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 6:59pm
Wow that thing is wild. Maybe its a tunnel drive so that the prop can't hit the bottom.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2011 at 10:35pm
My boys 5 & 8 think this is totally awesome. Very cool video thanks for sharing
vondy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vondy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

Wow that thing is wild. Maybe its a tunnel drive so that the prop can't hit the bottom.

Don't know, he said it was "just like mine" so I assumed the prop was open. Guess he's not worried about vibrations.

It is cool.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 12:39am
Maybe its just some super thick steel prop that propels the boat through the muck just like it was water. The cooling system probably takes hell!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Keeganino Keeganino wrote:

The cooling system probably takes hell!

And the planetaries too...future work for Eric.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic