NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heading To Aruba

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heading To Aruba
    Posted: September-30-2011 at 2:04pm
Patricia and I are flying out to Aruba tomorrow for a week's vacation. Who's our Aruba CCF member on this site? I would love to connect while we're down there.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 2:16pm
k.o. (kendrick) check first post of barefoot thread. Also talk to Keith. I believe Karen went there and hooked up with him so she would have contact info. Have fun.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 2:43pm
s did you sign the wife up for a million dollar policy?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 2:59pm
Thanks, Larry. I'm scrambling at the very last minute to get ready to go. I know I've seen Aruba posts with the nice '86 2001. Silly questions, what's the deal with using cell phone and smart phones on a remote island like that? Reception? Massive phone charges?

Maybe I'll where my Correct Craft Fan clothing down there. Somebody should pick me out of the crowd. I'll be searching the shore for some Correct Crafts. Would love a pull on the teal color water.

Ken
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2011 at 5:09pm
Ken,
not sure about aruba, but when I have traveled to Australia, We used "unlocked" gsm phones and just bought a prepaid sim card in the airport.   Keeps you from paying the roaming or out of country charges while you are there.    Your phone carrier will usually give you an unlock code for your phone, unless it is an I-phone or something of the sort.   Prepaid phones from best buy or some other electronics retailer are about 20-50 bucks, and might be a good investment if you have a smart phone that your carrier won't unlock

have fun!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 12:06am
New house ,new truck, talk of a new boat, Aruba vacation.......you selling " the rock" on the streets o' Mass Ken?     

I've been to Aruba twice, quite Americanized now. Definately rent a 4x4 and go explore the island. Its not real big ( have at it Hollywood) but there is some cool stuff to do and see. Be careful of the sun , its mighty unforgiving down there. I've covered the entire island several times and it is very safe to be out and about ( unless you happen to be looking to lose a female companion) . I havent been for 6-7 years and didnt even bother with my cell last time there. Calling out on a landline was nearly impossible. Dont forget to call your CC company and tell them you are leaving the country, or your card will get shut off after the first purchase......I imagine if you can hook up with Kenrick it will make the whole trip that much better. Local perspective and all....
Glad to see things are going so well for you and Patricia, I know its been a long time coming. Have a blast dude.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2011 at 10:35am
lol, rock. No rock in my hood except the one out front. Thanks For the advice Mike. I'll be on the lookout for the '86 nautique that's on the site. We're at logan wAiting for our flight to leave. Good stuff!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 1:45pm
Had to stop at the internet lounge to get caught up on CCF.com. The weather is amazing down here. It's about 90 degrees with major humidity. No Correct Craft boat sightings here yet. Just a bunch of cargo ships in the distance and a Boston Whaler that pulls tubers. Anyway, off to the beach to drink some cocktails. I highly recommend Aruba. I hope all is well with everyone back home.

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

she got one for him
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

a Boston Whaler that pulls tubers.

Must be Pete's retirement company starting up
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2011 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

she got one for him

having seen his para-sail pictures...might be a good idea.

Hey gun...major LOL!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic