NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

this ainĀ“t no 93 to me! correct?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: this ainĀ“t no 93 to me! correct?
    Posted: November-03-2011 at 5:43am
Either way it needs a lot of love.! Looks like the base spec too - front seating only. A few nasty looking gel coat chips. Leaky muffler. All barganing points.

The nicest thing about it I can see is the tower.

30k - wow.! you guys must have the highest resale value of any CC around. If that one is "worth" 30k, what would yours fetch.?
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 1:15am
the 95's down here were also registered in 1998, so sellers claim their boats are that year when in fact they arent
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 8:34pm
shore refueling would be quite a task!!! lol, at least its foamed and will keep afloat if something goes wrong...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
DIXIECHICKEN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXIECHICKEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 7:47pm
Hells yes, What he said./\

GIG EM!!!
If its hurtin, soak it in cider!!
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

I'd think you could fly to Florida, buy a good used Nautique and ship it to South America on a boat for less than $30K.

You could buy one in Miami for $10k and just drive it down! Miami to Buenos Aires is around 4300 miles, at 35mph that takes almost 123 hours. The boat burns approx. 8 gallons per hour, that's 984 gallons. Even at a price of $6/gallon that's still less than $6,000 and you've got a NWZ boat for half the price! And think of the adventure.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 7:10pm
Sorry for the double-post there. Computer issues.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

Seller might be trying to sell it as a '93, knowing that his boat has wood stringers. That is no 1993, or later, Ski Nautique. Wrong lettering, pylon and glove box. Interesting to see they moved the mirror up to the windshield. 30 thousand US dollars? Holy-freaking-cow. I'd think you could fly to Florida, buy a good used Nautique and ship it to South America on a boat for less than $30K. That is insane.

not the case here. Nobody here is aware of the wood thing! Me and Lucho are the nautique experts in argentina!
93 is probably the year the boat was registered down here, so they take it as it a 93....
Yes 30k dollars! To bad regulations donĀ“t allow the import of used boats!!!
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 2:48pm
Seller might be trying to sell it as a '93, knowing that his boat has wood stringers. That is no 1993, or later, Ski Nautique. Wrong lettering, pylon and glove box. Interesting to see they moved the mirror up to the windshield. 30 thousand US dollars? Holy-freaking-cow. I'd think you could fly to Florida, buy a good used Nautique and ship it to South America on a boat for less than $30K. That is insane.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 2:47pm
so itĀ“s a solid 91!

I guess the hin will confirm!

KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 2:47pm
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 1:06pm
Yea Tim's right...sorry didn't look at my pics close enough. At least I got the stern light :D
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by mdvalant mdvalant wrote:

I don't think it's a 90 due to the stern light being next to the rear tow eye as opposed to up on the port gunnel.

Actually not going with 91 either...I didn't think the 91 had that dip/curve out of the dash just below the mirror. I could be mistaken though, just going through pics of our 90 and my buddies old 91

Good call on the stern light, another indication that its a '91.

The dip/curve on the dash was there 1990-1993, it was there for the dash mounted mirror. CC didnt go with the windshield mounted mirror until 1994.
mdvalant View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvalant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 12:40pm
I don't think it's a 90 due to the stern light being next to the rear tow eye as opposed to up on the port gunnel.

Actually not going with 91 either...I didn't think the 91 had that dip/curve out of the dash just below the mirror. I could be mistaken though, just going through pics of our 90 and my buddies old 91
'90 Ski (sold)
'00 Sport
Mississippi River - Bellevue, IA
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 1:42am
Big glove box on the 1993, also teflon coated tow bar, or black! Side decal with the globe and Correct Craft only went until 1992! Dash is also not a 1993. Ski Nautique decals in 1993 had main hull center stripe match the middle color of he lettering!

Transom decals are pre 1993!

Hope this helps

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 1:32am
Kap,
My guess is that it's a 90/91. If I was a gambling man I'd say 90.

I don't think that colour scheme combo was actually available in 93.?

Glove box & cup holders are the same as my old 91.

I also had a 92 dash on my 91, and it didn't have those warning lights at the top like that.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2011 at 12:16am
no clue luch, first time i see this boat...
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 11:39pm
are the transom sticker included in the price?

Wait until you see what dizzy they installed... is this the one in Cordoba?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 10:23pm
actually it has the protec shroud, but looks like it was removed. as you can se a regular dizzy there, so thats good!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 10:02pm
Solid platform and Protec signal '91 to me. Definitely not a '92+ based on the windshield, glovebox, exhaust risers, lack of rear grab rail, etc.
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Told my friend all this so he could negotiate the price...
wanna know the asking price? 30K....

30K dimes I hope...
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 9:44pm
probably a 90 or 91 but look at the vin number it will tell exactly what it is.
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:37pm
Told my friend all this so he could negotiate the price...
wanna know the asking price? 30K....

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

Hull looks like a 90 to 95

thats for sure!! lol...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:34pm
i wish I had access to the boat...I told my friendo to get the hin number..

anyway lots of things point towards a 91, Long exhaust riser, aluminum finish pylon, small glove box, Alarm system in the dash pod, etc...
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:33pm
Hull looks like a 90 to 95
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 8:17pm
Kap:

Look at the HIN on the stern (Transom)....factory info there....should be more accurate than PO's memory......

(BTW - I have seen some PCM Powerplants not in the Brouchures of the specific years which were shipped from the factory but not listed as available......)
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 7:57pm

Sorry works for me, maybe IĀ“m shared to see it...
anyways this are the pics...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 7:48pm
Cant see anything on that link, Kap.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2011 at 7:38pm
ski nautique

I have a friend looking for a nautique, they are scarce here, he was offered this boat as a 93 model...from what I can see its a 91..Right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic