NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parting out 69 Mustang SS & #2 trailer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parting out 69 Mustang SS & #2 trailer
    Posted: November-03-2011 at 4:32pm
69 Mustang SS, clear title.
Windshield, engine, and CC badges are gone.
It has the center console with the "Mustang" badge, no console shifters.
Morse side mount control
Glove box
Complete set of 6 Teleflex gauges (Chrome bezels slightly pitted)
Chrome steering head (slightly pitted)
Flat top fiberglass motor box
Lifting eyes
Rudder assy
Air intake grilles
Exhaust tips
Rope guard (bar slightly bent)
Trans (as a core only)

Let me know what you need and make an offer.
I will sell the while thing on a #2 trailer for $1,000.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 7:51pm
Can you send pics of the #2 trailer? I'd be interested.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 8:25pm
There are a couple of photos of it on page 5&6 of 1969 Mustangs H/M engine. It is in fair shape but the PO has modified the tongue by spreading the rails 3' from the front and welding a plate on top of them for a winch. It looks to have the original round fenders and is in pretty descent shape other than the tongue mod. A good welding shop should be able to straighten it out pretty easily. It has the low bow stop. It does not come with the rear guide posts, I am going to use those for the Shore Station cradle for my new Mustang when I find it.
I will try to post a couple more photos tomorrow.
I will need a week or two to strip the Mustang SS hull and get rid of it before the trailer is ready to go.
Thanks.
johnpambianchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 9:41pm
Hey John, You wouldn't happen to have the pylon ring, would you?
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2011 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by johnpambianchi johnpambianchi wrote:

Hey John, You wouldn't happen to have the pylon ring, would you?

Yes I do, and a pylon too. I am going to hold on to them until I look at the Mustang I am considering to be sure it has them. If it has the proper pieces I am going to sell these. I will know before Christmas if all goes well, possibly in three weeks. Check back with me then.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 1:38am
I could use that "Mustang" badge if your willing seperate it from the console John.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
mountaineerminer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaineerminer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 1:49am
I put my email up on the 68/69 resto thread. I would like to see about getting the console, glove box, and steering wheel

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 2:04am
I emailed you. I don't know why you didn't get it.
john@bee-man.us
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2011 at 2:59am
How about a nice plaster cast of it then ?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaineerminer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 10:17pm
Gary,

I will try and do better than a plaster cast. I have wanted to try casting urethane for some time now. I think the badge and knobs would be a good first project.

I have been thinking of how to reproduce badges for some time now, but was hesitant to try urethane because I thought I would not be able to get the chrome right. Die cast would be best but out of the picture due to cost and volume needed and I was afraid sand casting would not look all that great. Then I ran across this process...

Vacuum Metalizing

I have no idea what costs would look like or the volume needed, but it might be a good place to start.

(I finally figured out the links!)
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 10:45pm
that sounds like a process similar to how they coat large mirrors for the astronomy field. I didn't know it was something you could do at home.
One of my favorite books ever, "Shurly Your Joking Mr. Feynman" includes the story of how Richard Feynman developed the process for Chrome playing plastic more or less for fun to help a friend. But I'm straying again.
I had only suggested casting in dental stone because that is how we gathered most impressions as evidence. it works on material as delicate as a footwear or tire impression in mud or sand, and is hard enough to use to as a mold.
politicallycorrect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote politicallycorrect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 1:18am
Can I get a pic of the gauges and the rope guard??
Scott
Skin grows back...fiberglass doesn't!!
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 1:44am
This is a matching set of 6 original Teleflex gauges. I have not tested them. The bezels have some pitting, but are not bad. The faces have some fading as well. These are from a H/M engine boat and I believe that is why the red line pointer on the tach is at 5500. I believe the interceptor was 5000.

The rope guard is slightly bent. It is the wide one.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 3:26am
This too
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountaineerminer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 2:04pm
John,

I didn’t think to ask about seats yesterday. Maybe I just need a visit to the windy city. Do you have the back seat shell? I think you were looking for one in your other thread and probably don’t, but thought I would ask.

Also,

Although not correct for my year boat I am very interested in the above seat as well. This could be a fun mold building project.

As for the vacuum metalizing, defiantly not a DIY project. The urethane casted parts would have to be sent to them to get coated.

Mike
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 4:56pm
John, I have a mold to pop those glass seats out, but I would be interested in the aluminum frames if you'll part with them separately.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2011 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

John, I have a mold to pop those glass seats out, but I would be interested in the aluminum frames if you'll part with them separately.

I only have one frame. I will know in two weeks if I will need it or not depending on the Mustang I am looking at. The owner says it has the originals, so if he's right I won't need it. Couldn't go to a better home. I could put it in the Mustang if Chris decides on it. I think he is afraid of straightening the tongue on the trailer.
I really want a port side glass windshield paine or a whole windshield. Any chance you know where to get one?
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 12:14am
John.

I'd be very interested in both of the lifting rings. Let me know about the condition of the chrome. Any close up pics??

Thanks, Todd
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 2:53am
Ok, I will let you know. I haven't heard back from the two guys interested in the hull and the #2 trailer. If I don't hear back from them by next week end I will offer them to you before I take the SS hull and #2 trailer to the landfill. I have pretty much stripped it of everything of value except the motor cover, Morse control & cables, floor pan, chrome plated rotary steering head, & exhaust tips. I was surprised that when removing the 8 engine mounting bolts, it took a pretty stout pull on the 1/2 drive socket to get them lose. I would have thought that the stringers would be rotten enough to pull them out, but that was not the case. the secondary stringers look pretty good,
Thanks and I will get back to you on the lifting rings. If you don't hear from me in a week or so remind me.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2011 at 2:01pm
John, Sorry I missed your call Saturday. I'll give ya a call when the workday is over and chat some more about that #2 and hull.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 11:01am
John, I am interested in the exhaust tips and trim rings if they are 3".
Yellowbird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 11:52pm
Interested in the gauges
Stevetodisco1verizon.net
Yellowbird View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yellowbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 11:53pm
Interested in the gauges
Stevetodisco1@Verizon.net
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2011 at 12:46pm
Interested in the horn! 269 506 1249 jeff
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 1:00am
if you are still watching this thread Tim....I am still interested if you ever find the time to do some of those bucket seats.
Thanks.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 1:09am
Now just what are you going to do with them? And after you get them how are you going to upholster them?

PS Happy Thanksgiving
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 1:31am
Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
You working tomorrow? Was always good to get the holiday pay and shop. No problem parking at the mall either with the bell truck. LOL.

Anyhow back to the seats...just need one. Wanna use it for the driver seat. Have always liked the buckets better. Guess I would be able to find a local upholstry shop to match me up as close as possible.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic