Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gel Coat Repair

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gel Coat Repair
    Posted: November-05-2011 at 6:06pm
Hey Guys I need your help agin I just bought a 1997 Nautique Super Sport and there are a few stress cracks on the boat I was thanking about using the guy in st joe indiana people in town hear told me he is the best out there has anybody on cc fan heard of him and if soe does he do good work?

Thanks
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 6:28pm
Are they true stress cracks? If so, you might need to fix that issue before fixing the gel coat. And then - why don't you do it yourself? Gel coat is EASY stuff to fix on your own. Saves you $ and gives you something to do.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 8:52pm
Mark,
Pictures would be great!! Yes, as mentioned this may be a DIYS repair.

Who's the guy in St. Joe? there may be several but unless you give a name or shop name, no one can really comment! Got it?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 9:18pm
The hardest part of doing it yourself would be the color matching and since in your case, at least in my eyes,your boat is realitively new.Here is just one company who might already have a match.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
mrinboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrinboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2011 at 10:19pm
Fiberglass Products & Boat Repair is the company I thought there where some people on this site talking about him but I cant find anything, I will try to get some pictures of the cracks I'm would fix it myself But I just sold my hous with the shop for a place at the lake with no shop (YET) so I will farm this one out this time, I just want to make sure this guy knows his stuff
Dont Hate "ACCELERATE!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic