Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speedo Repair?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedo Repair?
    Posted: September-08-2005 at 5:26pm
I had questions about my speedo on another post, but I found out what was up. Turns out the right pitot goes to the left speedo and vice versa. I just assumed that the left pitot would have gone to the left speedo...silly me :) When I finally looked @ the right pitot, the plastic barb is broke off and inside the tube.

looks like I can buy a new pitot and tube @ skidim, but my other tube has been spliced w/a small plastic piece so they didn't need to re-run the entire tube. Any idea what that piece is exactly and where I might be able to get one?

Thanx,
Dank
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2005 at 6:01pm
I don't think it should be that way. What year of boat do you have? Left should be to left and right should be to right.
tjackle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2005 at 3:22pm
I know this is an old post but I thought I'd reply anyhow...

My 78 Nautique is Left to Right and Right to Left. Been that way all it's life.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2005 at 8:12am
My take is that it does not matter. My guess is that when CC built the boats, they just grabbed a speedo line and connected it to a speedo without bothering to determine which was which.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic