Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1978 Ski Nautique Pylon/Ring

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
johnpambianchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 Ski Nautique Pylon/Ring
    Posted: November-08-2011 at 7:30pm
Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a sky pylon and/or ring for my 78 Ski Nautique. The previous owner cut the ring off with a hack saw for their fly high.

If anyone knows of a pylon that's from a '77 - '83-ish SN, I think it might work for me.

If anyone has an extra ring, I would be very interested in taking that off your hands as well. The brass insert from the previous ring is exposed, so I may be able to boar out the soft bronze from the pylon, tap out the pins on the pylon and insert the new ring.

I realize that replacing pylons is a difficult and arduous job because of how the different metals bond with each other, but if anyone could lend a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!

John
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2011 at 7:44pm
Tap the plug now while it's in there so you can get a fastener in there to remove it after you punch out the pins. Good luck finding an affordable replacement ring/finger.

N3 makes a replacement knob style insert, like the newer pylons that allows an extended pylon to slip over. Search ebay or craigslist for a used extended pylon, they're all over.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 12:44am
Thank you for the info. Helpful advice, so I appreciate the reply.

I would love to get a ring/finger on there, to keep as original as possible. The know style insert on N3 would be great, but I would prefer the nostalgic look.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2011 at 12:55am
Keep watching the CCFan site. They come up every now and then but you have to act fast. Good luck. Welcome to the site.
83Ski
cajunnautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cajunnautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 2:11am
i have 1 off of my '83 bf nautique with a barefoot boom attachment for sale. call or text me at 225-931-2569 for more info.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 2:13pm
Thanks. Just sent you a text. Hopefully I can verify that it will work/fit on a 78 SN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 2:22pm
Also, how much are you asking for it?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 5:43pm
Like I just posted in the other thread, a Barefoot Nautique pylon with the flange will not bolt cleanly into a Ski Nautique... the bilge is much deeper on the BFN due to the deep vee hull.

I did propose a trade with Karen (and John) though, as I wouldnt mind that BFN pylon for our '79... I have a Ski Nautique pylon that I could give up for it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 5:48pm
Hey Tim.

Just talked to Karen and we're interested in making that trade. Karen and I will keep you posted, as I get more info on the BRN pylon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 5:49pm
correction....the *BFN pylon.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2011 at 6:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnpambianchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2011 at 1:00pm
Hey cajunnautique,

Great to talk to you last night. I think I will take the pylon and the boom off your hands. But first, if you could send pictures to johnpambianchi@gmail.com, I would appreciate it. I will give you a call tonight to discuss in more detail.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic