Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeboard tower/extension pylon??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wakeboard tower/extension pylon??
    Posted: November-11-2011 at 12:10pm
I need some advice from other members, as barefooter and wakeboarder I would like to add either an air tower or fly high pylon to my 89' Ski Nautique. I really don't want to put the holes in my boat but im unsure if I will get the stability from the extended pylon. Also am I risking an potential damage to my boat by putting an extension on the stock pylon (leverage pulling against the stock pylon). Any advice?

Brian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2011 at 12:21pm
We love the Fly High for barefooting, wakeboarding, sky-skiing, wake surfing, etc. We use one for pretty much everything by trick and slalom. Any boat we ski behind a decent amount has one.

A tower adds a lot of functionality, but Im not crazy about the look or having to drill into the gel.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2011 at 1:15pm
Thanks for your advice! I will invest in one this coming summer. Love your fleet of correct crafts. I have a similuar addiction. Just bought a place on the Hamilton Res in Holland,Ma, I'm eager to start collecting!
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2011 at 11:17pm

...those who have fallen and those who will.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2011 at 11:32pm
My boat.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 1:38am
how do you like the extension on the tower? I wakeboarded on one this past summer the boat would move when i would cut but i got great air...maybe i need to loose weight haha
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 4:03am
Watch craigslist and this site,used fly highs come up frequently in the 200 dollar range.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Brian82683 Brian82683 wrote:

how do you like the extension on the tower? I wakeboarded on one this past summer the boat would move when i would cut but i got great air...maybe i need to loose weight haha

Think I tried wake boarding once even though I have a couple. I'm usally in the curl of the wake when I foot, so pulling the boat to the side is not really an issue. It does add some weight and can be cumbersum if you have to lay the tower down everyday, but for the most part it's a great option to have for footing and teaching other disciplines behind the boat.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 10:58am
I actually did pick up a used one..for free! but Barefoot international told me not to use the rachet strap(home depot)system because they might flex due to the nylon. But as I sit here looking at all the other boat on this site that doesn't seem to be the case apparently...also i was looking for a sleevefor my origional pylon which is impossible to find, I will probably use tube socks and duct tape so the origional pylon is preserved.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 12:47pm
since you got an extended pylon for free, it's really a mute point now...but...tower is the best functional solution. more stable, no need to put up/take down every time, better for space in the boat (no cable to dogde, can add board racks), and you can't backflip off an extended pylon...but, i digress...of course, i only wakeboard and think the flight control style towers look perfect on 2001's...
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 1:43pm
Brian, if you have the cables but not the harness, I know some members have found replacement harnesses. I could see an improper harness allowing too much flex of the pylon mount. I did not fully understand your pylon issue, can you post some more information.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 3:24pm
I was just up in the air on if i should get a tower or a pylon...i was given a pylon but it did not have the ctraps...barefoot international stated that straps needed would have flex in it because it is made from nylon, and the cable system is the safest way to go. I was just looking into what other members though on this topic. I know there are members who would discourage putting the holes in these older boats.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2011 at 5:44pm
If you have a bow noose, the ratchet straps will work just fine. The bow noose is a must have though to protect your boat and not damage the gel around the lift ring.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic