Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

White Lake 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
whitelakerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White Lake 2012
    Posted: November-19-2011 at 3:03pm
Alright guys doesn't having a forum named "White Lake 2012" mean it's official and now there's no backing out for me? haha! Let's hear it whos in and lets get to planning! Looking at the last weekend in April (27-29) because Water Festival is in May and the lake becomes the ocean with waves. Ready....Set....Go with ideas!
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 4:01pm
holla
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 4:36pm
too bad there isn't a "like" button on the above statement......
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 8:30pm
Sounds like IAughtNaut and his Dad may be in. What a great way to speend a weekend. Last year counting the room, it anoly cost me $8500. On the bright side, I came out with a great boat cover. I can't wait to see what the great folks at the amrina are giving me this year.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 9:24pm
Jackie,
Is that a misprint or sarcasm on your post? I know you had a boat issue, but surely the repair was nowhere near that, right? Regardless, I hope you guys are in again.   Was fun hangin' with you all. Regarding Adam wanting to bring his boat, I get it wanting to have your boat there, but you and any of the rest of the CCFAN gang are welcome on my boat if it makes it easier on your travel.

I'm sure the Watkins' will be there again too. As soon as this is a confirmed date, we'll be making our reservations.

Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2011 at 11:46pm
OK Guys! There it was-- The Official Invite!

That date is fine.

More to Come!

Marty Mabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 3:04pm
*edited*

OK, Guys. There it was-- the Official Invite to WHITE LAKE 2012 !

The Godfather(Dave Hendricks) has been stirring the pot down in the Big
   'O' for a couple of months now, and he's scored us an ongoing open   Annual Event for this Gathering!

He and I have been talking about WL 2012, since WL 2011 !! We've come up
with a few ideas and changes since April 2011 and hope it makes the
upcoming events joyful to all. Race City Marine will be more involved
with our event too!
The main change to this event is that it's gonna be called

A Display of Correct Craft's and Nautiques

We will gather that Saturday morning at White Lake Marine, around 9 am,
let them stage the boats, mingle, talk about the boats, your boat, ideas,
maybe get some Clinics in this time-- you guys don't be shy if you want to
share your ideas or shortcuts to put on a clinic yourself-- JoeF on
engines, ReidP on propping your boat,Keegan on a stringer rebuild,TimD on
updating to a bigger boat,Donald on installing a BFI Boom,Morfoot on
Slaloming, you guys get the picture-- Share your knowledge!!
Probably end around Noon- so we all can get some lake time with the NEW
Lineup of boats .
Some CCFans have allready spoken with me and say they're wanting to come
in on Thursday. That's fine with me! I will be there welcoming any early
CCFans!

This will be held the last weekend in April. I'll have Townsend working
on the Motel accomadations, and I will furnish the burgers and
dogs,buns,condiments.
You guys just e-mail me with drinks, deserts,chips,eating utensils,and any
other 'Surprise' meats,chicken,BBQ, etc., that you might want to bring.

mtmabe@northstate.net

We want to thank Keith for letting us use the site for the planning of
this event and future WL events. You guys just need to work on him about
planning to attend a good 'ole Southern Event!

In closing, Happy Holidays! and enjoy these times with your families and
hope to see ya there!

Thanks Again Guys!
Marty Mabe

66 Skylark
93 SN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 3:44pm
Marty,
If there's anyway we could get a local or someone with a pickup to bring a regular backyard grill (Preferably gas I'd think) then that would make the cooking much easier. The grill we had last year would've been great for barbecuing a hog, but was difficult to use for the burgers and dogs. I know it was provided for by WLM and am appreciative, but it was difficult to keep lit and to regulate for the kind of cooking we were doing. Just a suggestion.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 11:02pm
Yes, Mr. Watkins-- working on that grill. Asked Townsend about getting us an operator for that grill, get some local grills,gas or charcoal, or with enough advance notice- I will have to put a hitch on my daughters Kia and pull the big cooker my brother-in-law and I re-furbished this summer.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 12:53am
Count me in.

Donald
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 1:41pm
Steve,
thanks for the hospitable offer, but I know you get it, everybody else gets to show their toys off, I want to also! But I understand Townsend's working with a small window to get us down there, so we make the best of it. I certainly wouldn't be in the water here in April, so I'll take any opportunity I can get.

Marty,
What do you mean by "so we all can get some lake time with the NEW
Lineup of boats"? We gonna have some new toys to play with?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 2:25pm
Year before last, they put 2 new boats in the water for us to demo. Maybe that's what Marty is talking about. Adam, you could send your board to me by UPS a lot cheaper than carrying on the plane. "Updating to a bigger boat" Marty? There's so much to it I don't know if I could cover it. Let's see, looking on the internet, test driving, handing the guy several thousand dollars is complicated stuff.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 2:33pm
That would be awesome, I'd love to drive a new one. Confirmation from Marty or Townsend?

And I just may take you up on that Tim. I was smart enough to mail it home last year, but the airline charged me 100 bones to fly it down. Wasn't a whole lot I could do at that point, standing in the airport.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 11:02am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Morfoot on Slaloming, you guys get the picture-- Share your knowledge!!

Wow, thanks for the promo Marty but about all I can instruct is how to get up on one. I've taught many and can give a tip or two but that's about it. I haven't run a course in 25 yrs so I know they're are swervers out there better qualified than I. ReidP is your man for that and I took a couple of pictures to prove it.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 2:47pm
I don't think I saw Reid ski last year...RP, you gonna be ready to trot your skills out by April?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 7:26pm
Oh, I was definitely there last year, and having a blast, but probably keeping a slightly lower, and I guess quieter profile since we're representing the dealership now. I hate having to be responsible.
As for skiing, don't count on seeing me out there in that cold water! As for the flattering pic Tim took above, anybody can throw some water when they're falling down.
As for new boats to demo, between Townsend and White Lake Marine and us at Race City Marine, we'll try to make sure like last year that there's a nice slalom boat (hopefully another 200V Sport) and wakeboard boat out there like last year.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

The Godfather(Dave Hendricks) had the Big
   'O' for a couple of months now!

He and I have been talking and hope it makes the
upcoming events joyful to all.

We will gather that Saturday morning at White Lake Marine, around 9 am,
get some Clinics in this time-- you guys don't be shy if you want to
share yourself-- JoeF on ReidP, Keegan on TimD, Donald on Morfoot, you guys get the picture-- Share!!
Probably end around Noon- so we all can get some.
Some CCFans have allready spoken with me and say they're with me! I will be there welcoming any early
CCFans!

This will be held the last weekend in April. I'll have Townsend in
the Motel, and I will furnish the buns,condoms, deserts, utensils,and any
other 'Surprise' meats.

mtmabe@northstate.net

We want to thank Keith for the planning of
this event and future events. You guys just need to work on him about
planning to attend a good 'ole Southern Event!

In closing, Happy Holidays! and enjoy these times with your families and
hope to see ya there!

Thanks Again Guys!
Marty Mabe

Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Steve,
thanks for the hospitable offer, but I know you get it, everybody else gets to show their toys off, I want to also! But I understand Townsend's small down there, so we make the best of it. I'll take any opportunity I can get.

Marty,
We gonna have some new toys to play with?

I think I'll stay North too...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

As for skiing, don't count on seeing me out there in that cold water! As for the flattering pic Tim took above, anybody can throw some water when they're falling down.

Oh, really?......you told me the handle slipped. If that is so, then how do you explain this?

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Oh, I was definitely there last year, and having a blast, but probably keeping a slightly lower, and I guess quieter profile since we're representing the dealership now. I hate having to be responsible.
As for new boats to demo, between Townsend and White Lake Marine and us at Race City Marine, we'll try to make sure like last year that there's a nice slalom boat (hopefully another 200V Sport) and wakeboard boat out there like last year.

Wear a costume, it'll be like you're undercover. Responsibility be dammed!

Cold water!? In the winter my shower doesn't get as warm as that lake was in April last year! The water was warmer than the air!

Can't wait to see what you guys bring to show us, that 200V was SWEET last year!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 11:32pm
HW-- You like putting'words' in other people's mouth as much as you like putting in yours!

You just CRACK me up MAN!!!!
66 Skylark
93 SN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitelakerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 2:04am
Sounds like a good time in the making! I will see about getting some grills lined up instead of the cooker. I will see about getting a new boat in the water again for you all to try. I will make sure all the paperwork is filled out in advance so all IAughtNaut will have to do is sign it so he can have one for you at every event. hehehe I'm sure everyone would pitch in a few bucks toward the down payment right? It seems that I'm bringing my guitar and maybe a few more guys (if they agree to come) to provide some music because the Godfather called me last week almost crying because he wanted some tunes.... haha. Keep the thoughts coming and lets make this the best yet!
1973 San Juan Flybridge
www.nautiqueparts.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 5:22pm
Well Steve, you know dealers' eyes light up when someone walks in with a piece of platic in their hand (Visa) and says "Can you fix my boat?"
who knew that stingers in a Nautique need to be replaced after a short 36 years. The guy didn't even try to salvgage the cheap indoor-outdoor carpet I had installed 12 years ago. He when to the factory and bought the latest edition of carpet. Had to wait a couple of weeks to get the first order of the new lot. With the new flooring and carpet, The rest was underneath with all new hoses, fuel and exhaust, plus all the fiberclass abd housing for the rudder rebuild. Finding the correct strut took about a month. Correct Crafts last batch of replacements were at the wrong angle or some other defects. The new shaft, the old had actually sheared off leaving about one and a quarter inches in the transmission coupling, along with the new dripless coupling basically completed a complete overhail of the boat. So, the numbers came out to be shocking but my daughter thinkd it will still be a good hand-me down when I expire. Since IAughtNaut has a Nautique, she inherits Dad's boat. Long story short, It is running like a top and plans to bring in the summer with another trip to White Lake. Looking forward.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 5:43pm
Well Jackie its like I always say when things break and it is gonna cost me a bunch of money

-whatcha gonna do a man has got to have a boat
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 6:26pm
You forgot to mention the new platform brackets that Townsend's having made for you to keep it out of the kitchen, haha.

That quip about my sister's no joke though...I told her before I bought my boat and the first thing she said was, cool, that means I get the Nautique when dad dies (talking about his 75).

Most morbid thing I've ever heard.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by jackiewdeen jackiewdeen wrote:

Long story short, It is running like a top

And when you figure in the trailer you rebuilt last summer, whatever you're doing to the windshield and speedos now, the engine rebuild and all new fiberglass in what, 95? That boat's newer now than it was when you bought it off the line! Nat can have mine when the time comes, yours is 10 years newer anyway!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 12:38pm
Hey guys, looking to refurbish my tach and speedometers for the 75Nautique. Anyone know anything about classic boat works? Any ideas?
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 8:36pm
Man I have been out of the loop lately. Having a job is getting in the way of my real life. I will definitely bring the guitar this year and look forward to jamming with the others. Always happy to man the grill or help out in whatever capacity needed. The kids had a great time last year and are looking forward to doing it again this year.

Before WL I am hoping to re-wire the Skier and replace any guages that are not working. Just bought a great looking set off of Ebay that came off a Lyman. Have yet to see my tach, ammeter, or oil pressure gauge work so I am looking forward to getting in there and rewiring everything.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2012 at 9:35pm
I agree Keeganino, work does get in the way of having a good time. I teach,but have already turned in the Friday at White Lake as a sick day. I took lessons from my first ex-wife. she could tell me during supper that she would have a headache at bed time. Maybe I will not be to sick to pull up there to find a "doctor". I know Dr. Whitelake Rider should be there.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2012 at 9:07pm
ATTN: Marty Mabe

Let's get the details rolling on this. What can I do? How can I help?
Not to put this all in your lap, but you have always been the organizer here. I'm happy to do any part of it, but don't want to step on toes. You've been great, just let me know how I can help.

I'm coming this year and want to participate. Ideally, I'll arrive on Friday early afternoon and be rolling out on Sunday morning.

Questions so far:
Will White Lake Motel be ground zero again?
Grilled burgers and dogs again on Saturday night?
Why don't we find a pizza delivery place for Friday night? Fewer people, easier, cheap. Just my $.02

Clinics?
I still want to see (with my own eyes, not an online thread) an alignment clinic.

Barefooting Saturday morn early. I'll have a boom and extended pylon.

My family may not be coming this year. If not, I'm happy to split cost/share my room with someone.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2012 at 7:45pm
Stevie Wonder!!!!

Yes U can help!! Townsend should be monitoring this thread--
Waiting to hear from him on Clinics.And also a better grill.
White Lake Motel--ground zero--YES
Food on Friday--Pizza sounds good, but Dave('s wife ) might feed us again .

I was gonna get the burgers and dogs again-- but if U wanta twist my arm.

Food,utensils,condiments,etc., list can be started now if U want.

So feel free to start if U want. Don't forget-- this Event is AFTER my birthday
66 Skylark
93 SN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic