NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EU all wet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EU all wet?
    Posted: November-20-2011 at 11:11am
No, not the political protesting; the new regulation. I wonder what the Neanderthals drank? Did they find a soda fountain in one of those French caves?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 11:43am
Greg, Ive been watching this show and probably shouldnt be, its all based on facts, but scientists took a picture of the face of a sphinx over in Egypt, they took the negative and made 2 transparency's, they flipped one on to the other and long and behold it was a perfect symetrical match, almost impossible even today, this thing was carved or made 8000 or so years ago,
So did the neanderthals have a soda fountain? im not going to say no
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 12:27pm
I was poking fun at the EU. They just said basically that water doesn't hydrate.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 1:55pm
I had a feeling
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 3:22pm
Shades of things to come.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I was poking fun at the EU. They just said basically that water doesn't hydrate.

Lets hope they decide beer does!
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2011 at 9:32pm
Proof positive that here can be too much regulation and too much government. Next they will tell us it can't float a boat either.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 3:55pm
I looked this up apparently it took a team of 21 scientists over two years to reach this conclusion. So we have a consensus of scientists telling us you can not claim drinking water will improve dehydration which is a shortage of water in the body. Clearly there is something theses scientists are not able to see at a very basic level. If this is the case, how are we then to trust them on something as complex as global warming?
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 5:05pm
More slight of hand, and bait and switch from the right wing media... in the same week that the frozen food and potato lobbys spend 440,000 dollars to convince congress that pizza and french fries should each qualify as vegetables in the american tax payer funded school lunch program, they would rather we make fun of a european truth in advertising decision that doesnt have any effect on anyone...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 5:15pm
Wow Joe

Like nothing ever gets covered...those right wing bastards.

Explain this for all of us.

1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 5:32pm
Answer from the Oxford Dictionary to is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable. "The answer to the question is that a tomato is technically the fruit of the tomato plant, but it's used as a vegetable in cooking."

And from yahoo answers,

" A potato is a vegetable because it is a food-storing underground stem called a tuber.Fruits must be the thickened ovary of a flower; fruits contain seeds."

So another view is that the Potato and Tomato industries were forced to spend $440,000 to prove to congress what everyone else has always known.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 5:48pm
Now see here Dave...how many times do I have to tell you that facts and/or differing view points have no place in a logical discussion?

1988 BFN-sold

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 6:01pm
Dave, a plastic front bumper might have been made from soybeans but that doesnt make it a replacement for a serving of vegetables for our nations youth.

It is not things aren’t covered it is just that they are trivialized and diluted with non-related and relatively silly stories rather than being actually addressed and those accountable held responsible.   It is a carefully calculated strategy to get us all to believe that instead of believing proven facts that we cant really know anything so we might as well not bother doing anything about it… that makes us all much easier to control.

It’s like referring to one democratic member of the house, war hero, recipient of both a purple heart and bronze star and who took some bad advice and has problems declaring all his income (not unlike most small business owners I have met) who actually was censured by the full house and is making restitution on his tax issues as being the reason why the whole democratic party has an ethics problem…

While at the same time you have the top republican candidates for president including one guy who has taken millions in fees to advise fannie and Freddie how to avoid government oversight at the time they were leading us to financial meltdown by avoiding government oversight (the same guy the republicans had the good sense to dump 2 decades ago because he is as much a moral midget as he is an intellectual giant) and another guy who likes to use his position of power to harass the powerless and is happy to admit that he isn’t a reader ( I am sure he will be real hard for the Koch brothers to control him once in power, hey herman pass that tax cut on billionaires or we release the video tapes of you and the secretary from last years americans for properity christmas party) .   

Call me crazy but when I hear about some of the silly things that get pushed over and over by the likes of rush, hanity, savage, oreilly, etc I am wondering if they arent trying to distract us from something else
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 6:46pm
You guys got me completely lost on this topic...
Can someone enlighten me? Since Europe is concerned here...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Dave, a plastic front bumper might have been made from soybeans but that doesnt make it a replacement for a serving of vegetables for our nations youth.

It is not things aren’t covered it is just that they are trivialized and diluted with non-related and relatively silly stories rather than being actually addressed and those accountable held responsible.   It is a carefully calculated strategy to get us all to believe that instead of believing proven facts that we cant really know anything so we might as well not bother doing anything about it… that makes us all much easier to control.

It’s like referring to one democratic member of the house, war hero, recipient of both a purple heart and bronze star and who took some bad advice and has problems declaring all his income (not unlike most small business owners I have met) who actually was censured by the full house and is making restitution on his tax issues as being the reason why the whole democratic party has an ethics problem…

While at the same time you have the top republican candidates for president including one guy who has taken millions in fees to advise fannie and Freddie how to avoid government oversight at the time they were leading us to financial meltdown by avoiding government oversight (the same guy the republicans had the good sense to dump 2 decades ago because he is as much a moral midget as he is an intellectual giant) and another guy who likes to use his position of power to harass the powerless and is happy to admit that he isn’t a reader ( I am sure he will be real hard for the Koch brothers to control him once in power, hey herman pass that tax cut on billionaires or we release the video tapes of you and the secretary from last years americans for properity christmas party) .   

Call me crazy but when I hear about some of the silly things that get pushed over and over by the likes of rush, hanity, savage, oreilly, etc I am wondering if they arent trying to distract us from something else

Hey I recieved a envolope with a pic of Obama on it. I bout took a crp on it. It asked for money to support him.. So cause I hate, and yes hate him so much. I put a penny in it, and told him there. That is what I think of your logic is worth..

BTW Joe, the liberal media has got you brain washed my friend. CNN, MSNBC, CBS all put there own spin on it, long as it follows the democrats and logic. 99.4%% with there spin is full fledge LIES!! CNN just had to send Oreilly a appology letter for telling people,(LIBERAL LIES) on there networks about the book "Killing Lincoln" that Oreilly wrote.
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 8:20pm
Howdy Kristof! Thought you might need a good howdy.   

I didn't do the research that Dave did, but there was an article in the UK Telegraph that was copied over to the Drudge report. In short, bottled water companies are not to promote the idea/fact that water hydrates.

This topic could go another way though; just saw Nigel Farage(did I get the name right?) on the news in front of a parliment/EU group? and wow is he bent. I have to wonder how many of our European friends think he's nutz or right on.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2011 at 8:29pm

It is not things aren’t covered it is just that they are trivialized and diluted with non-related and relatively silly stories rather than being actually addressed and those accountable held responsible.

I owe you a beer sir...especially for the accountability part.

I heard a guy say the other day that they had DNA on Cain; sadly most folks choose ignorance. Of course, the alternative to ignorance involves the expenditure of personal effort.

BTW-water hydrates me.
1988 BFN-sold

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 1:04am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I owe you a beer sir...especially for the accountability part.

I heard a guy say the other day that they had DNA on Cain; sadly most folks choose ignorance. Of course, the alternative to ignorance involves the expenditure of personal effort.

BTW-water hydrates me.

I would take that beer, it has been far too long.   As for hydration, that is my way of life but I am a Gatorade guy ... Speaking of gators... River run this year?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 1:34am

Come on Joe, You know it happens from both sides. How Many scandles is the Obama administration in the middle of, (solyndra, fast and furious, freddie and fannie bonuses.......) and the mainstream media is focused on cains flirting 20 years ago. The point is the EU is a fiscal train wreck and we are not far behind, and yet our leaders have time to regulate how water is advertised and whether or not tomatos can be considered a vegetable in paste form! Lunchroom food is a local matter for parents and school districts. They know what their budgets can afford , what is available locally and they can decide what is healthy for their kids. There is no way this should be an issue for national government, at least not until the budget is balanced, the national debt is zero, our bridges dont fall down, our roads are free from congestion, crime is zero, and we have world peace. Then they can take on the pizza dilema.
1987 Ski Nautique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 5:30am
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

The point is the EU is a fiscal train wreck and we are not far behind

It is indeed. The crisis in Europe is deep...

Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

and yet our leaders have time to regulate how water is advertised and whether or not tomatos can be considered a vegetable in paste form!

We Belgians still do not have a government. The negotiations (or political games) are going on for 528 days already now!!!
Problem is that we still do not have a budget for 2012 and are therefore in the sights of the speculants. Europe has ordered Belgium to have the budget ready by mid December, but that ain't gonna happen now...
So we are about to step on the same train as Greece and Italy
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

MattB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 8:44am
Here's something on the original story

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8900338/Highland-Spring-vows-to-defy-EU-rule-on-water-labelling.html

Its just another one of the EU rulings that the UK has no choice but to follow...or in the case of "Highland Spring" they are going to carry on with their advertising that water does in fact hydrate you!!! Shocker!
Another thing for Europe to waste millions on when there are actually real issues that need resolving.

In the UK we can only hope that the Euro crisis can be resolved in one way or another before we start to go down on the same track, trouble is that we are so dependent on the rest of Europe for trading that if it all goes down the pan then we will be sure to follow :(

From my point of view we are lucky that the current coalition government had been prepared to take some of the very tough decisions to make cuts in spending even though they are very unpopular but its either do it now or suffer a much worse situation. I can't believe that the last party in power would have had the balls to do what was needed and they would have continued to spend more and more in the blind faith that we can buy our way out of recession and all the public services can continue to waste billions all the while trying to convince joe public that everything is all just fine and we have loads of money.

Just my opinion but hey my blood has always been blue :)

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 9:05am

River run this year?

We're hoping so; too early to tell though.
1988 BFN-sold

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 10:13am
allright, now explain the gd sphinx face and why so symetrical....I guess the church may step in here and put a stop to the discussion. lol
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 3:01pm
Come on dave, First off, for shame on your cynacism in allowing processed food industries to buy a bigger share of a program to provide school lunches to our nations youth. It is a valid opinion to argue whether or not such a program should exist and how and where it should be funded but once it exists and is funded that is not the argument at hand. It is ridiculous to take that tax payer money and skew it away from healthy alternatives and towards those with the best lobby. Even if the republicans are short sighted enough to actually embrace your view that it isn’t worth it for us as a nation to invest in the health and well being of the next generation on a national level that is for them to declare, but this is not that - this is purely them picking winners and in this case picking the frozen and processed food industry over local tomato and potato (and every other) farmers.

Yes it is a minor thing and something congress shouldn’t be bothering with, that is the point. Congress approved using our money for the program and then it goes to a branch of the executive to administer it, that is how our government works, the congress then went back and spent more time on changing how it was administered to pick winners, and they didn’t pick children.

To say that the noise machine is the same for both sides is also just crazy at this point and I no longer have any patience for it as an informed viewpoint. The democrats simply aren’t at the level of hipocrazy the republicans appear to value at this point. Republicans in congress just caused another crash to make a point and continue to try and sabotage the economy at every turn. In theory to make obama look bad but in reality they have now basically given the 2012 election to the democrats.

I always liked being an independent and not being stuck with whomever a single party had to kick out but man the republican party is providing no options at this point, even those whom are not idiots have to suffer those that are to the point that I don’t trust the non idiots simply because they associate with the idiots. I don’t know how we get our country back on schedule without two viable parties… and I dont know how we get back two viable parties when people consider some of this crap media as viable balanced news sources.

The best article I read this week comes from another conservative who has been pushed away from the koolaid table.
http://nymag.com/news/politics/conservatives-david-frum-2011-11/
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 5:29pm
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 10:26am
for the life of me I cant understand why you righties are so persistant to get a pubby back in there, you guys want completey opposite of your savior Reagan, at this point the waters are poisen and they all swim in the same water, if you havnt lost the trust of the government and cant see what these rotten bastards did to our country, WTF, we got baited into some sandy damn land to promote freedom, who fck cares if those towel heads are free, if you cant see the evil in that administration sending brainwashed soldiers into a cause of nothingness as they did in Nam. they stole the wealth of this country and profited and lead you to believe its a just cause, i could throw a dart at a map and hit a country such as iran that needs military action, North Korea, real threats to this country. federally insured mortagaes wtf kinda set up is that.
they remind me of the ole Bugs Bunny cartoon with the wolf down in the field and the dog watching the herd, at the end of the day they punch a time clock and go have a beer...come on these guys golf on the weekends with eachother, right and left and bleed the middle class.
you guys take no substance in this *************** because you think what they want to think just like the BS they spread about the OWS, those people have cause and they are doing something about it, like Michael Moore, the media fogs your mind and what he puts on camera is the gods honest truth but you still dont belive it.
its exactly like the time 5 of us seen with my own fcn eyes something floating in the air, it was not of this earth or maybe it was, but when i tell someone that they tell me im full of bullsht, what about the other 4 people? what about thew 911 calls?
it comes down to trusting an instutution something youve come to trust or should trust, that wolf in the field is circling, waiting, for his chance, these guys put on their party face and you fall for it.
I could honestly say they stole my wealth and my retirement, the ones who are suppose to protect us and let us prosper in a free market...but, they took that away
if that bastard took one dollar from Fanny for advise, he is no better than the rest of them
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

for the life of me I cant understand why you righties are so persistant to get a pubby back in there, you guys want completey opposite of your savior Reagan, at this point the waters are poisen and they all swim in the same water, if you havnt lost the trust of the government and cant see what these rotten bastards did to our country, WTF, we got baited into some sandy damn land to promote freedom, who fck cares if those towel heads are free, if you cant see the evil in that administration sending brainwashed soldiers into a cause of nothingness as they did in Nam. they stole the wealth of this country and profited and lead you to believe its a just cause, i could throw a dart at a map and hit a country such as iran that needs military action, North Korea, real threats to this country. federally insured mortagaes wtf kinda set up is that.
they remind me of the ole Bugs Bunny cartoon with the wolf down in the field and the dog watching the herd, at the end of the day they punch a time clock and go have a beer...come on these guys golf on the weekends with eachother, right and left and bleed the middle class.
you guys take no substance in this *************** because you think what they want to think just like the BS they spread about the OWS, those people have cause and they are doing something about it, like Michael Moore, the media fogs your mind and what he puts on camera is the gods honest truth but you still dont belive it.
its exactly like the time 5 of us seen with my own fcn eyes something floating in the air, it was not of this earth or maybe it was, but when i tell someone that they tell me im full of bullsht, what about the other 4 people? what about thew 911 calls?
it comes down to trusting an instutution something youve come to trust or should trust, that wolf in the field is circling, waiting, for his chance, these guys put on their party face and you fall for it.
I could honestly say they stole my wealth and my retirement, the ones who are suppose to protect us and let us prosper in a free market...but, they took that away
if that bastard took one dollar from Fanny for advise, he is no better than the rest of them

Wow, Erics on a rampage this morning. We agree on more than we disagree. I also do not trust government and that is why I do not vote for the party that wants more of it. Our government has grown steadily through my life time, and it has grown steadily more corrupt. At my age carter was the first president whos administration I really thought about. Interest rates were still over 10 % when I bought my first house, but improving under Regan. I saw the dramatic economic differences comparing post Carter USA and Post Regan USA. Since then most administrations have been somewhere in between, and things slowly became worse as democrats seeked to grow government and republicans compromised and let it happen. Now with Obama following the Carter model things are rapidly getting worse than ever. It is not just the president, but congress also. If government is corrupt why would you want more? Why would you want them to be in charge of your healthcare?
The bigger government gets the harder they are to watch and the more power they have to be corrupt with. I vote for the lesser of the two evils. and if enough peoiple follow suit we might be able to not just slow the growth of government but reverse it.

On Micheal Moore, the guy came from little and made multiple millions by saying there is no opportunity in the US for someone with little to make multiple millions. And being the good socialist that he is what does he do with his millions, $1000 dollar a night hotels , private jets, do you think he shares the wealth with his film crews? They all make millions per film right? look for his picture next to hypocrit in the dictionary.
1987 Ski Nautique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 3:08pm
Eric I dont vote for socialism. And all the above...
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 11:33pm
nor do I, but i will not vote for those fcks who stole from me.
as the days go by i get more and more pissed off, I pulled my numbers recently at work and compared them to 2008,2009, they are roughly half, I remember august of 08, I was talking to CC about selling boats, a couple of meetings, I went to the bank and talked to them about the financing, (floor planing) thank god the manager talked me out of it at the time, I had another place picked out ready to lease, but intuition and good advice from the manager.. he had a bad feeling of things to come and in a way so did I.
That half that i am down was the cash flow, the cash flow for free market which stopped dead in the tracks, putting people to work, putting some money in the bank, saving for the future...you build a business based on what you take in and your overhead follows because business should grow along with the overhead, now all of a sudden that is wiped out,but the one thing about it is the overhead is still the same.
I really thought i would be retired by now based on what the business was doing,
Dave, you asked me if im better off now, and I answered but im festering, but, those fcks robbed this nation of 20% of its wealth....poof....disappeared and im paying for it everyday, i dont punch a time clock, so i do notice wtf is going on, ive never told one of my guys dont cash your check until monday, but ive worked 5 solid weeks 10 hours a day and didnt collect a paycheck, never ever until 2008 did i ever skip a paycheck, am i pissed? pretty much so, does my wife know these things, no why upset here, im pretty level headed and it takes alot to bother me.. luckily, during the good times money was put away, I completey re-arranged my finances, no car payments, no credit cards, no vacations, just to weather the storm.
But, i dont really foresee anything even close to a promising economy, Ive never known of a poor politician, it seems they are all millionaires, I dont know how on their saleries lol
But, I'll be having Thanksgiving w/ family and friends and that cant be taken away, which by the way my native american friend refers to the Pilgrims as the first Illegal aliens in this country, lol

You guys have a nice Thanksgiving, cause thats what its all about
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 11:41pm
Eric, One of the reasons they get rich is they legalized insider trading for themselves, they can be in a meeting determining who will get a big contract and go out and by the stock before it is announced. Far worse than anything Martha Stuart ever did, and no penalty. And you should here how George Soros increased his wealth from 10 to 18 Billion in 2010. HIs company advised Barrack on who to distribute money to in the stimulus, and he bought huge amounts of stock in all his recommendations. But we protest Wall street.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic