NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

74 Skier parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 74 Skier parts
    Posted: November-22-2011 at 1:03pm
This boat is mostly all there and will be parted out. Some of the parts have been spoken for, but if there's anything anyone's interested in, send me an email. If the snow holds off for 4 weeks or so, we should be able to pull quite a bit off of it, otherwise it may have to wait until spring. The engine is a Thermal Electron Ford.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 1:10pm
Ok Bruce, I have to ask...why part this one out?

Looks to be complete and a decent hull.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 1:19pm
Chris, it's pretty rough, but if you'd like it, I'm sure we could work it out.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 1:24pm
Bruce, I'll send ya an email.
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2011 at 11:37pm
Bruce, If the boat doesn't go to Ohio as a whole unit, I'd like to bid on the throttle control lever and rear rope guide. Keep me in touch. Thanks, Todd
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 12:43am

I have been looking for a voltage stabilizer(s)for guages (under dash)for a 74 Southwind if your boat is similarly equipped. (see photos)

Also have interest in ski pylon for a 73 Southwind if yours is applicable.

Thanks

74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 12:47am
The Thermo Electron is a 351? I have a 74 T-E 351 with cracked portside exhaust manifold (portside) if you're parting out engine parts...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 12:55pm
Chris,Todd I'll email you later today.

74, I'll look for that part on Friday. I believe the engine is a 302 and unfortunately the port manifold has a crack in it.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 1:05pm
Just a side note- I believe Thermo-Electron acquired both Conquerer/Crusader and Palmer sometime in the early 70's. As far as I can tell, the 2 styles of motors didnt share many parts outside of the longblock- the exhaust manifolds were different for sure.

Conquerer-Crusader:

Palmer:

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 2:38pm
Palmer would be the earliest, then Thermo-Electron for a short span, then Crusader.

74wind,   The part you are looking for is actually
an Ignition Alarm Buzzer.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Palmer would be the earliest, then Thermo-Electron for a short span, then Crusader.

Al, could you expand on that? Im not sure what you mean.

If Im not mistaken, 2 separate companies became one. That would explain why the Palmer (red) and Crusader-Conquerer (blue) engines look so different. All 3 names show up in the 1973 Crusader/Conquerer manual in the reference section. I think youre right about the company using the Crusader name years later... and at some point they went to mostly Chevies?

Im not so certain that the Palmers pre-dated the Crusader-Conquerers though... Ive got a few '71-72 Skiers with the Crusader-Conquerer, and Im not sure Ive seen a Palmer in a boat older than '72 or '73. Or maybe CC just wasnt using them yet? ReidP has enlightened me on the topic a few times- I wish I knew as much as he does.

Sorry to threadjack, Bruce!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 3:02pm
where is jbear when you need him...
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 4:50pm
Yes Tim, It's all a bit confusing, a lot of conflicting info out there, with no real accurate (who did what and when)
Palmer goes back to the late '20's, early '30's.
And both Thermo and Crusader go back to the mid '50's.

The 351's as a group, the Palmer's seemed to show up first, then Thermo, then Crusader.
The 302's as a group, seemed to intermingle or back date the succession of the 351's.
I would like to read Reid's explanation.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2011 at 7:55pm
DrCC please elaborate:

1 wire goes to fuel guage (maybe just the source of power), the other into the spaghetti of other wires.
Intermitently buzzes/vibrates. Presume failure imminent(?)
Detached 1 wire and boat still started.

8122pbrainard had said this:

"Yes, That's your voltage stabilizer for the gauges. The old ones work by heating up a bimetalic spring and opening a contact chopping the voltage to what ever the gauges need. I suggest you check the incoming volts making sure it's not too high indicating an alternator/voltage regulator problem. Then check the outgoing to the gauges. Are the gauges Teleflex?" And also suspects an overactive alternator.

He recommends testing everything, but boat now up on a rack for the winter. Regardless of testing I would still like to have this small part on hand just in case to avoid spring delays if can find one.

Had some starting problems before that, replaced solenoid & keyswitch.
since then last time out started fine 10 or so times.

You think this is actually Ignition Alarm Buzzer? And if so what exactly is it's purpose and what is end result of failure? Interestingly my brother has a 73 Southwind 20 (Chrysler) and has no such part. Puzzling.

Also just as FYI see photo of my Thermo 351
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2011 at 12:39pm
whats the statis on the boat? did it sell.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2011 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

where is jbear when you need him...

right here...altho I am a bit confused as to why I would be needed on a engine discussion. All I know is that AdamT has a Palmer in his pink boat and it is very stock and very fast.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2011 at 11:38am
Boat is not sold and will be parted out. Some parts are spoken for, but most of the boat is available. Send me an email if you're interested.
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2011 at 12:35pm
DrCC, in this thread you mentioned something along the line that you had not seen an engine marked as Palmer, mine's marked with an original Palmer decal...

-Adam

1973 Skier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:23pm
Riley! how about the windshield tried to e mail to no success? thx jeff
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:27pm
Jeff, sorry the windshield is sold.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2011 at 12:45am
Thanks!
spc238 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spc238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2011 at 11:24am
Are you selling the stern ladder with hardware and large bow vent / small stern vents? If so please forward me pricing.
Thanks, Stan
        spc238@aol.com
        cell 770-855-6822
spc238
Bigbruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 4:35pm
Hi there..
Curious if the rudder is available for this boat? Thank you I'm very interested
Bryce
Brycemayo@rocketmail.com
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 4:41pm
Rudder is available, I'll send you an email.
Bigbruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigbruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 4:54pm
Excellent.
Thanks
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 6:34pm
Bruce I would love to have the rope guide bar that goes over the transom vents. Hate the little bar on the back of my 73. Everybody wants to pull up on it and it has sharp edges that have drawn blood on many shins. keeganino76 at hotmail dot com
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 8:41pm
Sorry Keegan, someone already grabbed it. Anything else? Miror is still available.
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 9:39pm
Ah man! I was getting kind of revved up thinking about replacing that. How about the plastic side emblems, and the chrome Skier dash emblem? Can't think of anything else.
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:05pm
Sorry, the Skier emblem has been taken and the side emblems are painted on. I think the clearence bar you have looks much better, but no doubt it's harder on the chins and toes.
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:31pm
Hi Bruce,
Is the transom ladder still available? I see someone above asked about it? If it is please let me know.
Thanks, Wes
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic