NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green mountain grill POS

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green mountain grill POS
    Posted: November-27-2011 at 8:02pm
My wife bought me a green mountain grill this summer and it's been a nightmare keeping this mickey mouse pellet grill working properly. The idea was great and it does an ok job when it does work, but i have seen higher quality junk come out of a harbor freight store. This thing has a nasty habit of shelling out an electrical component and then ruining my weekend smoking plans till I can get parts on Monday. Starting to think I should see about trading it in on a yoder smoker or building a traditional smoker that doesn't shut off due to a faulty thermister,bad ground, etc. Any of you fellas have experience with pellet grills/smokers good or bad? Just needed to vent thanks for listening.
Joel
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2011 at 11:15pm
think "Big Green Egg" I have had one for a while and love it every time I use it.
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2011 at 7:29pm

Lang smoker. Nahunta Ga.
76 Nautique

"If you do what you always did,You'll get what you always got!"

"An empty wagon makes t
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 1:29pm
Any grill that needs a truck to tow it has my vote Sweet.

I think my condo association would object to me having that thing on a 3rd floor porch though
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 2:00pm
Just take the wheels off
skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 6:36pm
Now thats a smoker.. I'll bring the beer..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:27pm

This would be perfect Here
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:27pm
best in the BIZZ
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by sweet77 sweet77 wrote:

best in the BIZZ

You aint kidding.. I thought Okalohoma Joe's where cream of the crop. I like those a little better..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 2:46pm
Most people use old natural gas or propane tanks for the smokers. Mr. Lang actually rolls the steel his self. The number one key he says to smoking meat is the cleanliness of the grill. These smokers have a patented baffle in them where the flame never touches the meat using raw heat to smoke with up front is a handy little charcoal grill for chicken or hamburgers for the kids it's has gotten some serious time on it at the lake.
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 2:57pm
Tow that puppy up to next years NE reunion and you'll be a hero. You might just start a new trend! We don't do much smoking up here.
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 3:54pm
Halston , any idea how to find pics of the inner workings of this smoker? i went on website and either its not there or i missed that part of it. i am planning on building a new pig cooker over the winter /spring and am always looking for ideas on improvements on ours. ....Brian did you want to have a pig or some briskets next yr? I do 3 or 4 pigs a yr . or some beef rounds and shoulders?
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 3:59pm
You could throw 4-5 chickens on there, sausage, rack of ribs, brisket and it just fall apart good. Whats amazing with these great smokers is how long they last and how they hold there heat. I bought several of those 150.00 ones and they rust up and you have to monitor the heat.

1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 4:16pm
If we did a full on pig roast at a re-union, that would be awesome
sweet77 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweet77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Tow that puppy up to next years NE reunion and you'll be a hero. You might just start a new trend! We don't do much smoking up here.

Hey come on down to the SJRR. be some good eatin there.

JOE C and his bride and myself grilling it up last year
76 Nautique

"An empty wagon makes t
67425ks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67425ks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2011 at 5:29pm
Tore into the green mountain grill apart last night and got her running up to par until the next Chinese part decides to fail. It is smoking a turkey as I write. I'm sure it will do a fine job, but it is still more trouble than it is worth. Next smoker will be a more tried and true conventional style smoker.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2011 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

If we did a full on pig roast at a re-union, that would be awesome

Absolutely a great idea with the pig. I was at a pig roast and the guy doing it stuffed the pigs cavity with whole chickens. Then when done, he pulled them out and browned them up on a regular grill. Man, where those gooooood!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic