Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
westernskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westernskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2013 at 11:28pm
That would be a sun faded navy.... Lol
98 Sport Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 12:09am
Noted navy !!!

Todd, I will bring the grey one down tomorrow and check out the options
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 12:35am
Had my 84 done by Angola and did a great job. Went with the blue tweed sunbralla to match the darker tri-color stripe and hide the dirt. Only problem, few months old, little critter (mouse) thought it tasted good. Nice hole! Going back to Angola to have it repaired.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2013 at 1:03pm
Mike and Todd check your PMs.
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2013 at 11:49pm
Zach,

Received the Angola tweed grey for my '90 Ski, and it is exactly what you advertised!! I'm very pleased with your products, and support of the Site.

To All, Zach is a Rep for N3 that delivers as promised!!

Thanks, Todd
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 12:58am
Thanks so much Todd! I'm glad its exactly what I made it out to be. That's always my aim!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Got Tiques Got Tiques wrote:

Zach,

I'm very pleased with your products, and support of the Site.

To All, Zach is a Rep for N3 that delivers as promised!!

AGREED!!!!   

... UPS, however.....

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 10:55am
The picked up your part yester day Steve. I made sure I clearly marked all damage with a RED marker haha. I also told them replacement value was over 600 bones.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 11:29am
Zach,
No problem.. I know it isnt your fault. I feel completely assured you are doing the best you can! You have gone out of your way to keep me posted on whats going on! THanks!!!!! ....it will be interesting to see how UPS responds.

Like Todd said, We are very happy that N3 is a sight supporter! Make sure the "powers to be" know that!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2013 at 11:34am
Ha thanks Steve!
JMurph View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 12:19am
Zach,

2006 206 with Tower and platform (prefer black, but would take gray) (Quantity = 2)

Tim stated that it would be fine to jump me to the head of the line for a black 2nd Gen SN. (When Tim jumps in to deny this, just keep me at the front of the line.)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 12:50am
Don't worry John ill just delete his posts.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 11:08am
Hw hides evidence haha. Email sent John.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by JMurph JMurph wrote:

Tim stated that it would be fine to jump me to the head of the line for a black 2nd Gen SN. (When Tim jumps in to deny this, just keep me at the front of the line.)

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 2:27pm
Just Found: New produced in 2010 by Angola Canvas in Sunbrella cover for 82-86 Ski 2001.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Just Found: New produced in 2010 by Angola Canvas in Sunbrella cover for 82-86 Ski 2001.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

color?
Price?

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 3:49pm
Charcoal tweed PM or email for price sir.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 4:15pm
Sold dude.
Tonali_III View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 4:19pm

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

When they come up with one for my 1974 Southwind 20 and my 1972 Mustang 16, I'll buy one...of each!
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 4:30pm
Haha they might have the patterns. I can check.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2013 at 1:17am

Haha they might have the patterns. I can check.

Last time I checked, they didn't have the patterns for some of the "more obscure" older CC's.

I guess those of us with some of the "less seen" CC's will have to suffer with a custom fabricated cover.
1974 Southwind 20
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6752" rel="nofollow">1972 Mustan
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2013 at 10:14am
Are you talking about Angola? They should have all the patterns, unlike most cover companies. They supplied mwcc with covers dating back to the 60's.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2013 at 12:02pm
I about bet Angola does. They made all the covers for MWCC before CC supplied their own covers. (think till around 06 or 08.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonali_III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2013 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Are you talking about Angola? They should have all the patterns, unlike most cover companies. They supplied mwcc with covers dating back to the 60's.

Just double checked their web site. While they don't stock them, they can make them. I am calling for a quote today!
1974 Southwind 20
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2013 at 8:51pm
They dont stock much, and theyre not the sort of place that keeps their website current. Their covers are pretty much made to order.
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2013 at 12:37am
Will be there tomorrow picking mine up after they repaired it from the mouse. They are great and did not even charge me. Very honest company, told me it was too new and it only took them 5 minutes to repair. Send me over what you need and I will ask them.
gdenkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdenkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 12:55pm
Zach,
I am looking for a trailerable cover for my 1994 SN OB with an Ariel Airborne tower.   The boat is pacific blue I believe but the color of the cover is not as important to me as the fit and ability to trailer with it.
Thanks, Greg
94 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by gdenkman gdenkman wrote:

Zach,
I am looking for a trailerable cover for my 1994 SN OB with an Ariel Airborne tower.   The boat is pacific blue I believe but the color of the cover is not as important to me as the fit and ability to trailer with it.
Thanks, Greg

Greg, the Angola and Westland covers (I think those are primarily what N3 has) are great mooring covers with decent fit and workmanship. They are really not trailerable covers though. You need a really tight fitting cover in order to trailer with it without buffeting at highway speeds (which will either damage the cover or the gel... or both). Coversports is one of the only cover companies Im aware of that has ski boat patterns, though Im not sure they have one to match your SNOB. A local upholstery shop would be the other option, as they can custom fit a cover to your particular boat. Just try to find one that doesnt demand you use snaps. Brett, JBear and Eddie all had covers at the SJRR that I would say fell into this category- very nice custom covers, which Im betting were all made locally.

Non-factory tower cut outs are usually best added by a local shop in either case, especially on a trailerable cover, as their location needs to be pretty much spot on.
gdenkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdenkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by gdenkman gdenkman wrote:

Zach,
Thanks, Greg

Greg, the Angola and Westland covers (I think those are primarily what N3 has) are great mooring covers with decent fit and workmanship. They are really not trailerable covers though. You need a really tight fitting cover in order to trailer with it without buffeting at highway speeds (which will either damage the cover or the gel... or both). Coversports is one of the only cover companies Im aware of that has ski boat patterns, though Im not sure they have one to match your SNOB. A local upholstery shop would be the other option, as they can custom fit a cover to your particular boat. Just try to find one that doesnt demand you use snaps. Brett, JBear and Eddie all had covers at the SJRR that I would say fell into this category- very nice custom covers, which Im betting were all made locally.

Non-factory tower cut outs are usually best added by a local shop in either case, especially on a trailerable cover, as their location needs to be pretty much spot on.

Thanks for the info Gregg, I'll look around locally. I have found some info on the Coversports covers over on Planetnautique. The covers look nice but also expensive. Do you think I'll be looking at $800 to $1,000 when made locally?
94 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2013 at 1:57pm
Upholstery costs seem to vary by region, so you may want to ask around and see what local shops charge. $800-1k would be about right here in CT. A decent fitting off the shelf mooring cover (Angola, Skiboatcovers, Westland, etc) made out of sunbrella will run closer to $500-600 for a 19-20' boat.

BTW, my dad is Gregg, he's the other BFN co-owner.    Our paths crossed at the SJRR but we never actually met. Next year!

-Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic