NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wounded Warrior Project Ski Event

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wounded Warrior Project Ski Event
    Posted: November-30-2011 at 2:15pm

I’m kicking around the idea of hosting a water sports event to support a cause that is very important to me, The Wounded Warriors Project. I want to have an event that veterans with or without injuries suffered in the war could come out and enjoy skiing, footing, boarding, foiling or just spend some time on the lake. I have already contacted a few companies in the industry that would like to climb on board with the idea. However, I would like to open up a topic for positive suggestions or ideas that any of you may have. Thank You in advance.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 6:04pm
Not sure I can offer anything in the form of advice, but what an awesome idea. Kudos to you for the idea.   
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
ononewheel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ononewheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 8:18pm
Great idea!

And I bet your idea catches on. Many vets would jump at that, and many friends would be made.

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 8:50pm
Cool Idea, could be an excuse for a mini cc reunion, old vets behind old boats and new vets behind new ones. I would cherish the opportunity to take a vet out on the water.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

skicat2001 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 9:20pm
Just curious, what lake are you planning this on? I am moving to the Dallas Ft Worth area less than 2 weeks. I would love to go..
1985 CC 2001-SOLD
Lee Michael Johnson

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by skicat2001 skicat2001 wrote:

Just curious, what lake are you planning this on? I am moving to the Dallas Ft Worth area less than 2 weeks. I would love to go..

Likely Lake Murray in Ardmore, Oklahoma. I leave in Fort Worth, but choose to go ther(@1.25 hrs) because it's a State Park with a large clean lake and great accomadations.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by ononewheel ononewheel wrote:

Great idea!

And I bet your idea catches on. Many vets would jump at that, and many friends would be made.

I hope so.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Cool Idea, could be an excuse for a mini cc reunion, old vets behind old boats and new vets behind new ones. I would cherish the opportunity to take a vet out on the water.

That was the plan.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 10:42pm
Here is a link for the Wonded Warrior Project for those who do not know of it yet.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2011 at 11:46pm
I have some aviation friends that would work with you on this, they have a great location for a party and would most likely host it as long as you did all of the work. Please contact me tim.cochrane@gmail.com for their info.

Here is where their strip is on the river:

here

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 5:31pm
What a great idea!!!
As a soldier I do find it great how you Americans respect your vets. Here in Belgium people do not really care...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2011 at 6:02pm
The Aquanuts Show Ski Team in Twin Lakes, WI has a Wounded Warrior Event each summer as well as Adaptive events.

Aquanuts Website

You may want to contact the team or individual who manages that event (Hollywood should know) as they could probably provide some great input into what it takes to make it the best event possible.

Would imagine some adaptive equipment would be needed as well.

Great idea and Good Luck with it!

Kristof, you would be a great candidate for McHale's Navy, LOL
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2011 at 6:23am
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Kristof, you would be a great candidate for McHale's Navy, LOL

Ooooh sooo funny Quinner...

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic