Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1970 Separator

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

You may send a couple of the guys on this board to the cardiac unit with these pics.

Only because they are thinking how much dough they put into their boats to get them to perform like that and they still won't, and I am guessing this one is doing it straight from the factory. Brit hasn't mentioned top speed, and I realize it would probably be a speedo number, but I'd still be curious.

On the day the photos were taken Dave reckons we realistically got 50mph and I can't tell you all the mechanical reasons he told me as to why there was definitely 'more in the tank' but it wasn't happening that day! I have skied behind the boat many times and it pulls me out of the water, on one ski, no problem.
brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 10:23pm
DrCC: wow that's very cool, I bet it's the same boat! Dave says that would probably have been right before his Uncle bought the boat.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 12:09pm
I'm also with the guys here.
Very cool boat!
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 8:48am
Brit,
I sure hope you decide to keep it. The "cool" factor is way up there!! FYI, we had one on our lakes as well as a Donzi sweet 16. The Donzi would out run it but not by much.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Bakchose Bakchose wrote:

I'm waiting to see what Craig at the old NECC does with the avacodo Green Separator. They told me that they are going to be working on both of them this winter.

Hahahaha. He's been saying that for years. Probably not going to happen this year either. Yeah, get going on that thing would you Craig , make a liar outta me. I hear that boat flies, but it takes a half mile to get on plane....cough,cough

The yellow Torino for sale on RT.109 belongs to Bob Torno of 'TORNO'S ARCTIC CAT' fame. He is on Upper Mousam but that boat hasn't been in the water for years.I have enjoyed more than one frosty beverage while cruising the lake in that rig. He owns the green Malibu Corvette boat that is for sale there as well.

Originally posted by peter1234 peter1234 wrote:

i would keep it too. you will never be able to replace that one

I'm with the guys saying this. Those things dont come along very often in that condition. If you dont "need" to sell it,but arent going to use it you may be better off to put it up and slowly address the things needed to get it at 100%. Doesnt look like it needs much, and if you get the urge later to own another Seperator like the "One that was in your family for a very long time" you may be left with the emptiness of knowing you let that one go......just sayin

Mike

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 1:06am
I didn't inquire about the Mustang because it was painted. Hence I guessed it had a hard life. There is a 60's 18 ft Correct Craft not far away that was covered untill this last tropical storm that shredded the blue tarp. I quickly took a look and the front seats are not original. Everything else looks to be there. I took a picture with my phone and there is a sold sign on the house across the street. Not sure who owns the land that the boat sits on. Anyone interested? The boat has been sitting there covered since I can remember 10 to 13 yrs. Sorry if we are going off the thread/s topic
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 12:47am
I believe the same guy owned the Mustang. If you drove down the dirt road next to where the Mustang was parked, the Torino was parked not even 100 yards away in the woods. That Mustang was parked next to the road for at least 2 years. I've just been getting acquainted with that area in the past few years. Lots of little lakes and old boats in the yards.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-06-2011 at 12:38am
Wow it was really close. I wonder if it was near the Bart Simpson Statue houe? LOL. There was a red painted Mustang(?) near the
Wilson lake boat ramp right off Rt 109 that just disappeared. Maybe we should create a thread like the interesting Craigslist finds and call it Correct Crafts In Yards. If I thought I could afford this Separator I would make an offer. I'm waiting to see what Craig at the old NECC does with the avacodo Green Separator. They told me that they are going to be working on both of them this winter.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:58pm
It was on Wilson Lake. It was in the woodsfor at least a few years.
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:56pm
Great picture. One of my first Correct craft encounters was with a Torino while my brother and I were learning to paddle our new canoe. Just courious as to where the Maine one was located. I looked back in some of the old posts and is looks like it was near my camp on Mousam Lake. I looked at the yellow one on Rt109 in Acton and it is just too expensive. Funy, I drove down the road a little bit and came across the 1974 Skier that is being parted out on this web.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

You may send a couple of the guys on this board to the cardiac unit with these pics.

Only because they are thinking how much dough they put into their boats to get them to perform like that and they still won't, and I am guessing this one is doing it straight from the factory. Brit hasn't mentioned top speed, and I realize it would probably be a speedo number, but I'd still be curious.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:29pm
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:07pm
I used to take care of your boat in the mid to late '70's.

Unless there are two identical Baby Blue Bat Boats in MO.
brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:54pm
Thanks for that - I couldn't work out how to size adjust the photos!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:49pm
I don't like blue boats or H&M's I vote to keep it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:48pm
OK, all the pictures were good, but that one especially deserved to have the size adjusted so it could be more fully appreciated. Again, too bad about that whole calendar thing.

IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:26pm
cue the Godfather...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:12pm
One more picture just for the fun of it ..

brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 10:07pm
The boat is the Holman/Moody version and it does have the original gel paint. Thanks to everyone for the kind comments about our bat-boat. Now we have some thinking to do!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 9:08pm
Brit, I'm one of the few people that is not a big fan of that boat, but had I seen your pictures a few years ago, the one in Maine would be in my yard right now! Think real hard on it before you let it go.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 7:18pm
Very nice!!
83Ski
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 7:15pm
That is a neat boat. High on the "cool" factor. Good luck with your decision.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by nautique frk nautique frk wrote:

Is yours the original gel coat color ?

I am guessing so, as it is a twin to the very sad one in Maine that Jeff picked up. (that I now have second thoughts about letting go)   

Jeff's Maine Boat
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 3:03pm
SWEEEEET!!!

I'm with Larry and Peter, I don't think I'd be able to sell that. Very cool boat! I love those dueling windshields.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 2:59pm
very cool boat! love the pictures!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 2:51pm
Brit, welcome to the site !! Awesome boat Post your story and more photos in the Diaries section. Mine is a 1971 with the holman moody 351 I am slowly restoring this boat. Is yours the original gel coat color ?

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 12:04pm
i would keep it too. you will never be able to replace that one
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 11:46am
OK, I'll take it.

Very cool. Too bad, you missed the deadline for this year's calendar submittals by a few weeks. Your boat, but I think I would think twice about selling it.

brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 1:47am
brit01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2011 at 1:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic