NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pics of my former 92 Sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pics of my former 92 Sport
    Posted: December-06-2011 at 10:05pm
I owned a 92 Sport from 1996 - 2001. I was cleaning the basement and just found a few pictures. I lived in Minneapolis at the time and had my boat docked in Lake Minnetonka. The boat had a legendary wake (for the time) mainly due to my fat sack and 6 50-lb lead bars...

Last run of the year... note the date, Oct 24 1999.

Wow this really was a nice trailer!

I used to be able to fly when I was 40 lbs lighter!

Lake Minnetonka
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 4:36am
Nice looking boat! Something about the 1st gen Sport's I really like. Did you ever boat on Medicine Lake? We used to live in Mpls, and that was our home lake.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 9:46am
No, never went to Medicine. It is quite a difference in dimensions looking back at the Sport hull vs my current 84 2001. Look at all that room up in the bow. I don't remember the rear being cramped but it looks like the extra 2 feet is mostly in the bow. I'm sure it has a wider beam too.
When I bought this boat it had something like 72 hours on it. The owners had bought it new simply for cruising Lake George, they never skied behind it.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 12:47pm
Nice Jeep
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 12:54pm
Wow, that really is a pretty sick wake.

Gotta ask, why'd you sell it?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:36pm
Chris - Yeah the Jeep looks tiny compared to the boat. I bought that new in 1995 and put about 130,000 miles on it. Towed the Sport from NY to Minneapolis and back, and also brought it to Virginia Beach/North Carolina one year.

Brian - I sold the boat because at the time, I had moved back from MN to NY and was traveling about 48 weeks a year. I had a loan on it and couldn't see paying for it when I didn't use it. My wife and I got married a few months after we sold it and both knew we'd get another one at some point. I do wish I still had that Sport!
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 2:47pm
My Liberty looks pretty small next to my Ski Nautique. I think you had an even bigger boat to tow vehicle ratio.

I hear you, better to pass it along and let someone else enjoy it if you're not using it. I wound up parting with a motorcycle I really liked, but wasn't using to raise money for my boat. Every once in a while I get a little pang, but overall it was the right decision. Hey, there cold be another Sport in your future!
DieselCash View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieselCash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-07-2011 at 10:11pm
Looks a lot like my sport, I just wish I had such a nice trailer.

Nice looking boat!
1992 Sport Nautique
DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2011 at 3:37am
Nice color
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic