NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

clay pottery

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clay pottery
    Posted: December-12-2011 at 12:39pm
Hi found these in lake this weekend. Have not ever found anything like this? a Few arrowheads pieces in same area. I am not sure if these are that old. Cool find anyway
Lakedog55
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 6:08pm
lol
I found this on the river...
not the beer belly!
a swiss army knife....
been working out to break it loose..all the blades are fine, but the inner structure is kinda rusted and delaminated...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 7:13pm
The pot on the left appears to have been made on a pottery wheel and it appears to have grog in the clay, a sign that it's modern. Pinch pottery is the oldest method followed by coil method. The one on the right could be pinch or coil, I would need better pics.
Tim D
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 7:52pm
I keep telling my wife you guys know everything. All I have is one other pic. A friend I of mine volunteers at the local history museum has them now. He says probably turpentine workers or possibly spanish crucible. Doubting the last.
I wish the lake would give back a few pair of my shades
Lakedog55
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 7:56pm
Pardon the threadjack, but I just noticed your tag line. I wish my lake would give back my car keys and cell phone.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 8:29pm
Looks like both were made on a wheel. I would have thrown thick pottery like that in the lake too.
Tim D
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2011 at 8:41pm
Thanks for ruining my find really appreciated. Yeah I to lost keys. slid off the dash of my 83 and right by my hand did not get off the ramp until 12 by the time I got a ride and spare keys lots of mosquitos
Lakedog55
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 1:21am
Dollar Store for the shades guys...

in fact..since I've been buying at the $ store I seem to lose less pairs. The lake knows how much your shades cost!

have lost quite a few pairs on the bike too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2011 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Dollar Store for the shades guys...

in fact..since I've been buying at the $ store I seem to lose less pairs. The lake knows how much your shades cost!

have lost quite a few pairs on the bike too.

john

I lost at least 3 pairs of rayban and a couple of cell phones too...
see "weekend pics" one of the girls on board lost a pair of fine rays also...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
lakedog55 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakedog55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2011 at 12:13am
Yeah jumped in to catch boat this weekend and it was a bit deeper than i expected phone soaked but started working again next day
dog broke one of my other clay pots but will post picture for more satirical comments check out the sorry workmanship with the thumb print on the rim
Lakedog55
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic