NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

13x13 OJ 3-blade for sale!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 13x13 OJ 3-blade for sale!
    Posted: December-12-2011 at 2:14pm
I definitely have too many props... so these spares have to go! Any questions, please email me: TRBenj@gmail.com

1. 12x13 Federal No longer available- going on our '70 Mustang!

2. 12x14 Federal SOLD

3. 13x12 Federal SOLD

4. 12x13 OJ No longer for sale... going on my mantle!

5. Stainless 14x16 3-blade OJ Legend. SOLD

6. 13x13 OJ 3-blade.   SOLD
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2011 at 12:40pm
Bump... its a tough time of year to sell parts, but I know some people out there must need props!

Any questions, including application specific ones, please post or email me: TRBenj@gmail.com.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2012 at 5:55pm
Bump... spring is still a ways off, but Im sure someone could use these. Again, email me qith any questions.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 6:15pm
Spring is here early... if you are in need of one of these props, please email me: TRBenj@gmail.com
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 7:05pm
Tim,

I will need a prop for my rebuild as the one I have seems to be chewed up a bit. I was going to run it this summer and then buy a newer one once I find out how the engine is going to do after the rebuild. I don't know anything about props, but will one of these work on my '77 SN with a 351W?

I have attached a picture of the one I have and one of the numbers on it. It may be okay but that's what you get when you buy a boat that you have no history on and didn't run when you bought it. Any advise would be great. Allen

1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 7:14pm
Allen, see if you can find some defining numbers on the prop to tell you what it is. A 351w powered '77 Ski Nautique would have had a 13x13 Federal from the factory, most likely. If thats what you have on there now, then I would say run it as-is until you get a feel for the way the engine runs. If it turns out to be something totally incorrect (like a 14x16) then you would be better off with a different prop. The one that I think is a 13x12 would probably be an ok candidate, at least to use as a baseline.

I dont really have any good 351w / 1:1 props besides that one, as Im just starting to collect those for my '80. Most of these extra wheels came from my '90 (which has the 1.23:1 tranny) or my Skier, which is smaller and lighter and has a 302.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 7:23pm
I have a couple spare 13x13's if you need one.
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 8:34pm
Justin - Right?, Thanks, I am going to pull the prop this week to see if I can get some more numbers on it. If I need one I will let you know. I would love to have a spare, but want to make sure of what I have first. Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 9:57pm
Jlogan, have any left handers?
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2012 at 10:05pm
Jllogan I need a 13x13 for my 82sn would u consider a trade for a 14x16oj? If not how much for a 13x13?
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 3:13pm
Might be interested in the 14x16 SS is it 1" bore? When I get home on Sunday I will check to see what there is for clearance.Might be just what I need after power upgrade.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

I have a Federal 13x13 LH for sale.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 3:30pm
Yes, the 14x16 is a 1" bore. If youre proposing to put it on a Cuda though, I dont think you'll have the clearance. Most of those came with 12" diameter props, so while Ive heard that the newer aft-raked 13" Acmes work OK on them, 14" is surely going to be too large.

You could probably have a prop shop (or OJ themselves) cut it down a bit if you want though.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 4:47pm
I am going to put it on my resorter.Hope to get the big block in next week I think that prop would be just the ticket.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

nope they are RH.
Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by reftech reftech wrote:

Jllogan I need a 13x13 for my 82sn would u consider a trade for a 14x16oj? If not how much for a 13x13?

Just sent you a PM, Allen asked first though so we will wait and see what he comes up with if he wants it or not.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by oldcuda oldcuda wrote:

I am going to put it on my resorter.Hope to get the big block in next week I think that prop would be just the ticket.

Ahh, gotcha. Which big block? A quick google search revealed several people who use 14" diameter props on older Centurys, though that doesnt mean much. Any idea what the original prop was?   
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 5:35pm
This one is an 85 resorter came with 260hp 350.It was used on a small lake in Mass had a 13x11 on it so I took the 13x15 off the cuda but it was a little too much pitch when the boat had more than 2 people on it.My theory is it's not over propped it's underpowered so I picked up a 454/72c and warmed it up a bit. Maybe 425-450 nothing crazy.I am still trying to get ahold of Fl inboard to see if he sold that cam he offered for sale.I will have to use the one I got from Comp a lot better than stock one.Gonna be fun!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 5:46pm
Id be curious what components you used in that 425-450hp BBC build... must be pretty stout if those numbers assume the stock cam! Whether or not the 14x16 would work well sort of depends on where your peak hp occurs... if its in the 4000-4500 range, then it may be the hot ticket. Otherwise, you may need something a little smaller to let you spin closer to 5k. Im assuming the Resorter is a 2500-3000 lb boat in the 18-19' range... in which case, it would roughly compare to a BBC powered BFN.
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 6:27pm
Not stock cam I don't have cam card with me but lift was around 550 with around 215-220@50 112 lobe sep.Tried to get peak torque about 4000rpm.Flat tops with aluminum heads 110cc chambers 270 intake runners,edebrock dual plane,have not made up my mind on carb yet but will be 750.Have not made up my mind on exhaust yet probably 4" EMI.If I didn't have so many truck repairs this winter it would have been 496 guess I have to have something to do next winter.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 6:44pm
Ha, sounds stout for sure. Are those aluminums rectangle or large oval? Either way, peak power should be occuring closer to 5000, no? Ive found propping closer to peak hp (not peak torque) has given me better top end. Has your experience been different?
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 7:13pm
Brodix race rite ovals,Ya you are right on peak hp.I worked with my engine guy to get the motor to have plenty of pull in the 4000 range right about where everybody thinks it's at max then suprise lots left LOL.The Cuda was same way with the 360 and 13x16 about the time they gas on it and wave bye-bye I would open it up and embarrass them untill the porpoising took over.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 7:30pm
Ahh, gotcha.

Let me know if you can use the 14x16. I will soon be out of the fold until next week (SJRR trip), so I may be slow to respond. Feel free to email though.

Remind me, where abouts you are in MA?
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 7:59pm
I live in CT in salt lake now
wont be back till sunday
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 8:01pm
Not sure what you mean by "salt lake" in CT... you mean down by the shore?
oldcuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldcuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 11:03pm
No salt lake city utah
reftech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reftech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2012 at 11:45pm
Pm sent jllogan
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 7:14pm
Do you think the 14x16 SS Federal would be a good choice for a 1995 176? I'm looking to get more top end for barefooting? It's got a 4-blade 422 on there now. Stock 260hp 351W.
Thanks,
Don
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 7:26pm
Don, I dont really know. It depends on the application, I suppose. I couldnt pull the 14x16 OJ as many revs as the Acmes, which kept me below my power peak... so it slowed me down. If you need to dial back the RPM's a touch in order to hit the sweet spot, it may work better for you. How many revs are you pulling the 422 now?

FYI, I have someone else interested in the prop, but we're working through overseas shipping logistics.
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2012 at 7:48pm
I'm not sure about the revs. I guess it'll have to wait until spring when it's back in the water to find out. I thought that since the 176 is lighter, and has less drag than a 196, it might allow more RPM's. Although once they're both up on a plane they're probably similar
Let me know if you're other transaction doesn't go through.
Don
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic