NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

withdraw from Iraq

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: withdraw from Iraq
    Posted: December-18-2011 at 4:29pm
I heard the last convoy has left Iraq. First of all thank you to all who served. You are great Americans. I assume our budget is balanced now as all I have heard for 9 years is that the war in Iraq was the cause of our deficits. Wait, the war in Iraq was about 100 billion a year. Something else must be causing the other 1.2 trillion in deficit spending. Now maybe we can focus on an exit strategy for the war on poverty. Perhaps allowing prosperity would do it?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

DrStevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrStevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2011 at 5:46pm
Amen
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 10:35am
i would think that 100 billion a year would cover our healthcare problem and insted of me paying out of pocket i could make my mortgage payment. again a soldier or a marine has a job to do and they do it well..but what a waiste, we freed the towel heads, they can fcn vote now
"the things you own will start to own you"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 10:49am
That is the problem Eric, we save a hundred billion and your first thought is how can we spend it. Very sad when we have a 1.3 trillion dollar spending problem already.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 1:03pm
The problem is you can't even congratulate our armed services on a job well done without making up a bunch of fake straw man arguements pulled right out of the right wing noise machine. 4 Trillion is what Iraq will cost us when all is said and done... A significant portion of our debt but nothing compared to the sons and daughters lost and suffering from debilitating conditions for the rest of thier lives. Shame on those currently arguing that we should stay there longer purely to score political points... let our Soldiers have thier victory and let us move on.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 3:01pm
It’s far from over. Iraq and Iran are now best of buddies and we will have 50,000 troops in Kuwait for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any day now the Israelis make a preemptive strike on Iraq.

- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2011 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by Waterdog Waterdog wrote:

It’s far from over. Iraq and Iran are now best of buddies and we will have 50,000 troops in Kuwait for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any day now the Israelis make a preemptive strike on Iraq.

You do have a point there bro...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

DieselCash View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DieselCash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 1:24am
Dont be fooled by obumer, we still have troops in iraq.

They are just no longer called combat troops.

A good buddy of mine I was stationed with in Germany is there and has no scheduled return date.
1992 Sport Nautique
Maximal691 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximal691 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 1:48am
You will have a small group of actual service men, and there will still be a ton contractors from blackhawk/triple canopy. I deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan and I could talk for days about it, but I'll just keep it simple and say Iraq totally wasn't worth the cost in lives and money. Afghanistan, there's some real bad guys there who don't like us and we went and proved a point, but it won't do much besides that. Madrases in Pakistan will keep pumping out Taliban and the fighters will keep hopping back and forth over the border. I'm not trying to generalize anything in this post, if you dont know the people it can be hard to convey in details why they won't ever have a successful govt.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 10:21am
Joe, I apoligize, yes 4 trillion, 4500 lives, how the fck can you tell someones mother that their son died for their right to vote, It was all about Iraq stepping into Kuwait to get to oil and control of oil, terroists my ass, you never hear anything about Mcveighs group, remember OC? 15 of the 19 so called terroists were Saudi Arabian that hit the towers, we were giving them bastards weapons in the 80's to fight Iran, including chemicals that they killed the Kurds with.
These people are born and bred pitbulls, they dont sit in front of a TV all day and they have to search for their next meal, they easily are takin under a wing for a cause. they are taught to hate Americans and what freedom is all about.
Kristoff, we protect Israel like a mother and child, the tension is building, these fcks have been fighting for 10,000 years and will continue...
btw 4 trillion does buy alot of healthcare, we wouldve been better off taking that money and putting it in a big pile in the innner citys and lighting it on fire to keep the homeless warm..that wouldve burned for a while
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

These people are born and bred pitbulls, they dont sit in front of a TV all day and they have to search for their next meal, they easily are takin under a wing for a cause. they are taught to hate Americans and what freedom is all about.
Kristoff, we protect Israel like a mother and child, the tension is building, these fcks have been fighting for 10,000 years and will continue...

I totally agree with you on this. It will never stop in the Middle East, it's just not in their nature.

And BTW, just like the Muslims are everywhere around the world, so is the Jewish community. And the Jewish community has money to fund a lot of governments and has lots of lobbyists in high places...

And like the Muslims are all brothers for the cause, so are the Jewish...

- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 10:28am
Kristoff, i went to my daughters violin concert the other night, I really felt like the minority, lotta dots and t-heads, im sorry but they have been branded and if you dont say it out loud your still thinking it. man its hard to get past that sht, i really think im racist, i'll tell you though some of those dot woman......
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 10:37am
LOL!
...those who have fallen and those who will.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 2:12pm
Is the CCFAN forum really the place for near-constant political discussion? Really.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 2:39pm
Definitely a fair question Joel. Let me answer with my 2 cents. A long time ago, these off-topic discussions would show up in the general discussion forum and people complained that they didnt pertain to CCs and didnt belong. In response, Keith created the off-topic section. I kind of like it. If I go out with my friends, which I consider all the CCF gang, I wouldnt want the discussion limited to a certain topic, it's fun to share thoughts on other things. The beauty of the off-topic section, is you can chose to ignore it, as I do with many of the topics. I dont think I've read a single post on many of the threads in this section, others I choose to look at. It's your choice.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2011 at 2:52pm
Sure, why not? It's always civil. I enjoy hearing opposing point of views.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 6:33am
Eric,

Why do we always have to be considered as racists when we make a comment on what we see or hear in everyday life? Why the hell do we always have to walk on our toes and be SOOOO politically correct all the time?

A good friend of mine who is a Marrocan and born a muslim, but isn't religeous in any way (we drink quite a few beers toghether in our local pub ), always tells me that the other side is at least as racist as we are and doesn't bother so much to be politically correct...

Every race has racist nicknames for other races than teir own... Nothing new...
As if racism is only reserved for white people

This always makes me think about the great little sentence Jeff Dunhams' Achmed The Dead Terrorist said in one of his sketches: "Killing people is easy, being politically correct is a PITA".
So funny and soooo very true!!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 10:19am
m3, you know, you may read something that you didnt know and you could use your brain about our country that is in sad shape, it got this way because we are so passive and let others make decisions for us, do you think i like talking about boats all day long and then go spend 10 hours working on them?" no. but i do, and I learn alot from other guys on this site by reading
im in no way trying to diss you, to me my surroundings besides my family come first then boats, its a great country that allows us to speak freely and purchase boats but, you have to pay attention.

where do you really go and discuss government?, do you care what happens? you really should because it affects each one of us, maybe caring is like a virus and it will spread and you could say i was part of that...
its easy to glide over the off topic section and im probably the one that is most guilty of spreading propaganda and swearing, were big boys here, 99% male so i feel im not out of line with the things i say.
I was never really into politics until i got rammed in the ass 3 years ago, and i havnt quite recovered from it yet, and probably never will. I feel the wealth I had was stolen from me and im fcn pissed about it thats all.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 11:47am
Thanks Eric, I was trying to figure out the right way to say exactly that, you you did it sooner and better.
1987 Ski Nautique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 1:26pm
I listen to political radio daily so I'm pretty dialed in. I just see absolutely no need for it here. Zero. That said, I'll mind my own business and just ignore these threads- although I suppose I'll have to peek in every once in a while to see Joe's outstanding retorts.

Also- "where else can you discuss politics"- really?
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-23-2011 at 1:37pm
why not join in? tell us how you feel, you may have a good point hidden in ya, i wont think any less of you
we still will continue to talk about boats too.
forums are like text messaging, if i had it available at 18 i might of got laid sooner, its these things you can talk about on a forum but surely wouldnt in a group setting without feelings being hurt....im so opposite of hard, omh, and ski, but if we ever met i would consider them my friends and do anything for them no matter what
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2011 at 10:17am
and thats whay its all about, comrodery
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic