NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone heard from Eric?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:18pm
Our cell contract has been up for awhile,the carrier keeps wanting to come in and see the new phones. And now I know why- they don't have our package anymore and the one that replaced it is 30 bucks more! then they want to push you into the smart phones and thats 30 more each too. So 60 more a month yea right sign me up
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2011 at 4:32pm
I went to a Verizon store in the area to get my wife a blue tooth accessory for hands free driving. Man, they REALLY put the up sell on you. They would have had me switching my land line to cell only, and also a $600 tablet computer. Whats up with all that pressure? I guess its just like every company. They live by two words.....MORE and NOW!!!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2012 at 12:20pm
Yes, if you go to the Verizon store to buy a charger or case, stuff that is right on display, they won't let you walk in, get it, and pay for it. You have to sign in and wait to talk to a sales person first. Sometimes there is a half hour wait, they really focus all their effort on up-selling service.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2012 at 5:18pm
Verizon calls me and offers new plans all the time. I too am on a old budget plan and do not use up my alloted hours. They can't better my deal and so we have No Deal!!
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 11:51am
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

down to the bottem of the chocolates in Iowa. how can you guys look at those bums and say to yourself "he would make a good president"?

Eric, greatness requires the right person/people in the right place at the right time. If you move some of our greatest presidents to a different place in history they might have been average. Lincolon was great for abolishing slavery, move him ahead 50 years and what would he be remembered for? Your hero Bill Clinton was a moderate, he is well regarded for mostly maintaining the status quo. Clinton inherited a good economy and his agenda was fought by Newt Gingrich, after three years he went to the center, the economy prospered and despite his recreational activities in the oval office he is still highly regarded. what If Clinton had followed Carter and maintained the status quo? He would have been a disaster. Clinton also made mistakes. He had Osama and decided to let him go. If he had taken him out would we have lost the twin towers or gone into Iraq and Afghanistan? Maybe he was not the right person but just it was just the right time to to make him look good. Regan however was the right person in the right place at the right time. Had Regan followed Clinton's economy he would likely be just another president. Barrack has proven himself to be the wrong person at this time. Regans policy's have proven themselves to be the answer for our economic woes. Barracks have not. This is why I feel any of the republican candidates would likely be an improvement.

Who would be the best candidate? I think Gingrich has by far the best resume. He has balanced our nations budget and he did it under Bill Clinton who struggled against him for his first three years. Newt is being criticized for his work with Freddie and Fannie but what does that work illustrate? He crossed successfully into enemy territory for 10 years, getting his old advisory's to actually pay him. Documentation shows he did not sell out or act as a republican turncoat but he advised that they were in trouble and needed to restructure, and we have sen he was right. Newt has the leadership ability to work with both parties, he has had time away from office to grow and gain perspective. The problem with a track record is some will not like parts of it , but it is significantly better than no track record at all (Candidate Obama) and far better than President Obama's record. I see him as very presidential and possibly the right person for the time.

For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2012 at 1:59pm
start reading the watch tower my friend......you'll have a better chance at a miracle to happen, i look at the group of 8 and see nothing but politician.

can anyone logically tell me why those towers went down, in your own words
"the things you own will start to own you"
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 5:16pm
Are you asking people to explain why they physically collapsed or why the planes were flown into them as an attack?
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2012 at 5:50pm
Sorry, Still trying to accept the "magic Bullet" in Dallas.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 10:25am
a romney answer, as expected
it should be a national holiday over here in Cleveland, Obama's coming to town
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 12:05pm

Going in the back door in typical Obama style.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 4:56pm

Something like...

National Worker Wallet Handover Day

National Debt Ceiling Limit Raising Day

National Spend Out of Debt Day

National Obama Will Pay My Mortgage Day

National Buy Ohio Votes With Promises of More Free Government Aid Day
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 6:01pm
I heard Obama on the news on MSNBC. He was touting the $40/month HE is putting in our pockets based on the payroll tax relief law that was passed in December. That is one tax I think they should leave alone. I don't think most American's know what it really is.    

That is tax money that is for Social Security that now isn't going to fund SS. Lets just take it out of our left pocket and put it in our right pocket. This guy is such a joke!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 6:06pm
Wasn't it something like -2% ^^^ and then +2% state (IL) Dave?
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 6:31pm
Not sure about state tax vs. SS, etc, but, I think they reduced it from around 6.4% to 4.2%.

But, for those of us luck enough to live in IL, we did see our State taxes go up 67% last year.   
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 6:57pm
All I know is my paycheck went down last January.
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:07pm
I wonder why it went down in January? Our state taxes didn't change until March or April...I think. You might have made some other changes...ie...401K contributions changes, marital status change, higher withholding, etc.

The other big tax change that was pending last year (Dec. 2010 actually) was the Bush tax cut. Obama wanted to repeal them, but, realized he would have people p#ssed off if he did, so he backed off. Now, those tax cuts are set to sunset the end of this year (2012), and since the election will have already been held, Obama won't have any fear of trying to raise the taxes, which we all know is what he really wants to do.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:14pm
It was probably health insurance. Tax time is coming, and I'm about to get bent over once again being single w/o deductions.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:42pm
i dont think you guys can really see the trees, you dont want new taxes but you want the good life....you were use to a print more money administration, it really is governmental spending that just didnt happen when obummer took over, the robbing Peter to pay paul days are over and its catching up with us and spider webbing across Europe.
simple math, expenses are up and income is down. HW, health coverage is exceeding your income ratio and gas, food, hookers, rent, electricity....all not following suit with your income, get use to it cause Romney's going to fix things.......start the presses
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:47pm
you guys never mention paying for Bushes war, hypicritical, new figure total cost was 8 fuctrillion, lets see i bet that would put 10 new cars in every drive way, we wouldnt be talking about obummer, and healthcare would be free, its coming out of your pocket...so thank Bush HW
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:50pm
and i feel a whole lot fcn safer....paleaaaaase, those religous fanatics hold a grudge for a long time. they dont forget like we do
harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:58pm
Are those the new RON PAUL 2012 signs on Eric's lawn?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 7:59pm
If the spending wasn't going to the wars it would be going somewhere else. On that point you are dead on Eric. That is my problem across the board. Whether R or D, they all just want to spend money. The difference is usually what they spend on. If we didn't have the war, the D's could have purchased a lot more votes with more redistribution of wealth.

We need to get away from this constant need to spend and focus on electing representatives that work to cut spending and operate this country the way it was intended to, as in what is prescribed in the Constitution. Otherwise, the argument is moot...R's, D's, Obama, Bush...they're all the same wolves in different sheep clothing trying to fool the rest of the sheep into thinking they have the sheep's interests in mind.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 8:04pm
I want to not feel violated tax time for being healthy, single and leading a simple life.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I want to not feel violated tax time for being healthy, single and leading a simple life.

It's your fault for not having a wife, ex-wife, crack habit, and complex pyramid scheme of a business. Don't blame the rest of us for your boring lifestyle.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 8:37pm
Ok we heard from Eric, Now does anyone now how to shut him up?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2012 at 8:37pm
actually Eric the price of the hookers I know went down they are all over 65
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2012 at 10:26am
fwiw, i dont like any of them, right or left, they get on tv and sell themselves to you, the best looking guy gets the job, just like getting a poa, you will tell her anything to get in those pants, once your there the game changes...
needless to point out, we pay welfare to the virgin islands wtf, probably peurto rico too
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2012 at 12:58pm

Yep...the right and left thing is an illusion.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2012 at 10:25am
the new jobs being created are not an illusion, the word used was stunning....people are going back to work, the backbone of any economy
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2012 at 11:30am
Eric we are down a net 4 million jobs since Obama took office, That is why the "created" jobs are an illusion. The spending to "create" temporary jobs punishes and uses the resources of those in private sector that create permanent jobs. Creating a net loss. It is like trying to refill a transmission by taking fluid circulating through the cooler and putting it back in the fill opening, and spilling some in the process. You look like you are working really hard to fix the problem, but the result is net fluid loss and increasing damage to the system that needed every drop.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic