NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

inspired by tique 75

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inspired by tique 75
    Posted: September-16-2005 at 10:28pm
How about sharing some moments,photo's,falls,mishaps...there has to be a ton of humorous stories members could tell ....

Behind the boat,in the boat, on the lake...on the ramp...(the best stuff happens on the ramp)

What good stuff have you seen,heard or been party to?

See tique 75's thread for a classic faceplant photo!!! Thanks for sharing that one!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2005 at 10:39pm
I was skiing on the San Benard River (in Texas) sometime in the early 80s when, while I was in the water with the my ski pointed up and the driver slowly taking up the slack in the rope, a 3' to 4' long Water Mocossin, which is a poisonous snake, swam between my chest and the tip of my ski - right under the ski rope, which I found myself holding up for him to pass. I held my breath and frooze. The driver then hollared "READY?" I quickly hollared "NO! WAIT A SECOND!" I had to let the snake go by. I sure didn't want to aggrivate him. As soon as his tail cleared I hollared "HIT IT!". True story.   
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2005 at 10:53pm
I new you would have a good one Jim! Good thing your driver heard you correctly...I have too many times THOUGHT I heard "hit it". A photo with you in your bright pink speedo with a cotten mouth around your neck would have been...priceless!Can't wait to hear the rest of you other story and thanks for sharing it with us!

I have a good one tell...but becuase it will be a page long...it will wait till tomorrow.

stang

The Super Air

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 1:12am
Hate to dominate and bore you with my stories, but there are a couple of good ones. About 10 seconds after this shot was taken (July 1977), I told my friend on top I was tired and was going to let go and that she had to let go at the same time. I let go and stopped pretty quickly. She obviously didn't hear me and held on. She flew off my shoulders, 6 feet in the air like she was shot out of a cannon. I remember seeing her taking off and being reminded of the original Star Wars when we saw for the first time the Millenium Falcon go into light speed. She landed pretty hard and wasn't particularly pleased with the whole idea.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 1:24am
Just one more, I promise. This isnt really amusing because it doesn't involve anyone (like me) getting hurt real badly, but it is an illustration of just how resourceful a few young knuckleheads can get.   Once again, mid 80's on the now famous San Bernard River. Three of us were barefooters and wanted to go triple. Two of us had boats but neither my buddy's Sea Ray or my outboard had the power to pull three of us up, neither deepwater starts or on skis to drop. So two of them got up behind the Sea Ray, one of them with two ropes. I got up behind my outboard and skied up along side. You can figure out the rest from the pictures.

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 4:13am
Right on man...thats the stuff I'm talkin about!Slingin the babe from the shoulders...

Tell a good one tomorrow!
stang

The Super Air

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 9:42am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I told my friend on top I was tired and was going to let go

I trust you entirely examined to exhaustion the scenery above you before letting go?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2005 at 4:20pm

The story of "Redsh-t"

Terry was his name , but we all called him Redsh-t. Why? Because of the firey curly red hair that stood 5 inches on top of his scalp.This natural brillo-fro muff thing he called hair , rightfully earned him that name!

Red was not a skier , but a heck of a good basketball player. He stood 6'4" and wieghed in at 240 lbs...by todays' standards...a wide body! The events to come would involve skiing and not his favorite game.

Red , a farmer from southern Illinois , was one of my college buddys. He was purely one fine indiviual, a gentle giant , polite , smart
and certainly game for adventure! A day on the on the lake offer was taken up in a jiffy and we were off!

It was the summer of 1979... and we did most of our skiing on a borrow pit lake. The lake was just long enough to hold three event tournaments. Long enough...barely wide enough.

It was a short drive and soon we were in the water ready to go. My brother went first , taking a few passes on his trick skis. I took a short slalom run through the course and now it was Red's turn. As he removed his shirt , revealing a pale and typical redheads freckly complextion , the sun grinned as if it had won the lotto jackpot! His soon to be sun burned body entered the water and he was handed the skis. He had no problems getting up and scooting arround the lake. He dropped the line and as we came arround to pick him up , he said "pass me those things Doug was skiing on". He traded us the two skis for Dougs trick skis and quickly strapped those finless squirel planks to his enormous feet. He would soon be ready.

His 6'4" , 240 lbp frame lay at rest in the cool water , bar in hand , a big smile , and five inches of brilliant curly red hair that seemed to reach endlessly toward the sky. We awaited those magic words...and soon heard "hit it".

The big man popped right up and to our surprize began riding with a fair amount of stability! At about the time he was getting comfortable , we needed to turn. Because of his over sized body , we were pulling him a bit faster than most trick skiers go.And because a normal quick J-turn might have been a bit much for him to handle , I made the turn wider. He started sliding out of the wake and heading toward the shore. As he slid , he spun completely sideways and continued swinging out. The shore was ten feet away and judging by the concerned look on his face , we knew that he knew , the water under his feet was only a foot deep. The six foot tall cat-tails began to slap his chin as he parted the knee high reeds. He spun sideways and almost backwards but managed to hold on through it all. He reach deeper water safely but the carnage of vegitation , roots and all , was entangled in his legs. We stopped the boat and were overwelmed with uncontrollable laughter. Game he was... he wanted to go again. I suppose he was the trusting sort who figured we made a mistake and would do things differently the next time.

I'll be damned if he did'nt wind up in exactly the same spot and predictiment , with the same outcome as before !!! Only this time we laughed twice as hard and three times as long. We would have been good for at least a couple more rounds before wearing it out...he was smart enough to get back in the boat. The big laid back redhead went right to the cooler grabbed a cold one and quietly sat in the rear seat sipping on his beer. Later that day I learned a fact...." A 6'4" , 240 lb redheaded farm boy , can hurl a 165 lb city slicker about ten feet from the stern of a boat to water!!!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2005 at 2:25am
Come on...lets here those stories!!!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 11:20pm
I thought I would dig this one up while we wait for J_I_H to finally finish his story

Anyone got a good story?
stang

The Super Air

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 12:01am
Great stories - I doubt this one lives up, but it is the best I have.

We were sking behind my buddy Jeff's Larson OB on a small "lake" in Connecticut (Bungee Lake). I was driving and Jeff was doing a good job keeping his 5' 10", 210lb body on one ski, for the first time. As we approached the end of the lake I saw a flock of ducks paddling across the water.

I had a split-second decision to make - drop my speed and sink Jeff, or trust in the ducks' will to live. I figured the ducks were more evolved than Jeff and that they could a$$ess and adapt to the situation with greater speed. I was correct regarding most of the ducks.

I gave Jeff our turn indication and swung that Senza as hard as I could. I also laid on the horn, hoping to alert the ducks. 10 of the dozen or so ducks began to lift off just as the freight train they call Jeff was whipped out of the wake. I knew I shouldn't watch the impending carnage, yet I had no choice.

As I turned my head to see how the ducks would fair, I saw in Jeff's face first suprise, then calculation, and ultimately satisfaction. He dug that ski in and was bearing down on the two who were a little slow in their lift-off. He reached out with one hand and grabbed the little webbed foot of the slowest duck. That poor duck worked her wings harder than I have ever seen an animal work, then he let her go. It was like she had been shot out of a cannon.

No animals were injured in the retelling of this story.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 7:08am
Great stories...are you guys writers?

RB
Lazarus II View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazarus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by 69 Mustang 69 Mustang wrote:

No animals were injured in the retelling of this story.

wonder how the duck faired in the original version!! LOL This is hilarious to me due to the fact that my skiing buddy and i routinely make "duck hunting" high priority in the spring and fall of north texas when Lake Worth is infested with flying waterfowl. how's the saying go? "I've been shot at and missed, shat at and hit......" ya dont go duck hunting without some form of eye protection

Zack
Going fast never hurt a soul, its the sudden stops that get ya!!!!!!
79 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 4:59pm
75 Tique, those pics are kick a$$!

I'll post some of us eating sh*t later tonight.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 7:51pm
75 Tique,

That looks so cool, have done the pick-up's on ski's never footin, hopefully before the end of this year we can get 4 or even 5 behind my 206, it pulled three deep no problem, 4 should be doable however 5 may be a stretch holding speed, maybe we can get 79' to bring his hot rod up and pull 6 of us!

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 10:36pm
My 2 favorites. If I knew how to take stills off a video I could fill this thread.

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2006 at 5:11pm

[/QUOTE]

My legs...My legs...what have they done with my legs????
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2006 at 12:54am
Larry...enjoyed the 30 slide show!!!!
stang

The Super Air

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2006 at 6:21pm
ya Larry...loved the show.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 3:39pm
found another
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 4:30pm
Let go!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 4:31pm
No way! Usually go for a tumble if it's possible hang on.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 4:43pm
Hollywood you have to tuck in the elbow and dip the shoulder if your ever going to get that roll down and pop back up.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 5:14pm
Would love to see 79 demonstrate that.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 5:33pm
me too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic