NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

***Music City Mini 2012***

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 11121314>
Author
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2012 at 11:44pm
Got home 11:30 last night no more trailer issues. Thanks to Morfoot for being so prepared and bailing us out . I guess my 08 isn't new anymore I will have to use better judgement on long trips. It was the people that made the weekend for us we could have a blast in a mud puddle when they come together . Thanks to all for everything great to see all of you again.
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 12:44am
We just got home a few hours ago. We ended up spending the night south of Louisville, KY since we got such a late start and hadn't had a good nights sleep in three days. Although I felt the lake, campground, weather, and location left a lot to be desired... seeing everyone and meeting new fans was, as always, great!!! Sorry I missed saying goodbye to a bunch of you I went down by the water near Reeds camp and everyone must have already headed out on the water. I hope others got pics cause I have very few.

BTW, I still have a couple of those Anchor Buddies, I don't think I ever did get them to all of the people who asked for them. They did work great keeping the boats off the rocky shoreline. If you still want them, let me know, I'll ship them to you free of charge.

I'm off to bed, looking forward to a good nights sleep in my own bed!

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 12:55am
Tim Morfoot, CCF approved trailer repair
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 1:26am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I gotta second that.

Ahhh...Tim; could I just make an appointment now for the 12th of July?

More pics guys....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 1:31am
Made it home late this afternoon and beat the ATL traffic before the follies started. Still managed to hit some. Still got wet stuff everywhere and trying to get it all washed and dried out. 'Miss Scarlett' is still soaking weteven after the 5 hour ride home in the hot sun.

Mike You're welcome man. I'm glad I was there to help out or it could have been much worse.

Great weekend as always with the crew that was there despite the setbacks that we had. Somebody is gonna have a trailer issue and something is always gonna happen. The worst I got was and I quote..." I blew out my flip flop, stepped on a sharp rock, cut my foot (in two places) had to limp on back home." The mini monsoon chased everyone off the lake Fri nite. A few of us tried to wait it out an in the process of trying to set anchors which just wasn't happening the front part of sandal blew out the rest of the way so I'm dancing round the rocky bottom with a sandal acting more like a flipper than a shoe. Reid and I bailed in the middle of it as the slate, rocky, bottom just would not hold an anchor in the heavy rain and surf.   We found a quiet cove around on the other side of the ramp and left them there for the nigh in deep water where there was actually somewhat of a mud bottom. Don't wanna do that again anytime soon. All my stuff got soaked during the rain so big THANKS to Reid and Laurie for letting us stay in the camper that night.

Lots of the usual stuff on Saturday but a trip to Music City was on tap for the night. Totally got why it's called that. Cool place to see if you've never been and I was the DD for the eve but I think I had more fun watching the drunks then anything. Had a few of our own and the pics to prove it but will post those later. I've heard the Quinner stories, read the Quinner stories with a little reservation but can honestly say I believe everyone of them as I've been a part of a Quinner story.

All in all was the same as any other gathering we have had the pleasure of going too. Always a pleasure putting faces with screen names, making new friends, and catching up with the old ones. The Correct Crafts are great, the CCFans are better and to quote Mike Hunter "we could have a blast in a mud puddle"

Pics to follow soon, I'm sleeping in a real bed tonight and its calling my name.

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I gotta second that.

Ahhh...Tim; could I just make an appointment now for the 12th of July?

john

Only one trailer repair house call per CCFan. You've already used your's John.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 2:29am
just landed back in Ohio, with one more boat than I left with. Now I have two boats that don't run, although I think in a few weeks my dad's 75 will be on its way to NY for some attention at Joe's place.

Even without a functioning vessel my crew had a blast. A big thanks to Randy, George, and especially Paul for pulling us around, or in Paul's case basically subletting us his ride on two separate occasions. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to ride in all them, and even more so that somehow I didn't get to meet every one. Ob well, guess that gives me an excuse to go to another one.

Thanks everyone for making this weekend awesome.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 3:19am
and for those of you who never been downtown Nashville, I highly recommend it...although, a word of caution: the skyline is nice, but it gets real blurry after 3am...in fact, whoever the architect was on some of the taller buildings must have screwed up, cause it looked like he put 2 of the identical same buldings right next to each other.

A great big thanks to Tim and Kimmy for chauferring us back home that night...even if we had almost given up on ever seeing that durango again. I was sure Nashville was keeping that car.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 11:36am
What an AWESOME time in Nashville PP lake.....we had a great time and hope to go back soon. Made it home in 10 hrs with no problems.

it was really nice to meet everyone and hope to see all of you again soon! All AWESOME people!!

Randy, sorry i didn't get to hook up with you sunday to pick up the Anchor buddy....we had a few issues with Mojo's trailer that had to be fixed. SORRY...if you can e-mail me your address i will send you the money and give you my address at the same time so you can send it over to me...thanks again randy and sorry fopr the trouble of having to ship it to me.

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 2:38pm
Here's a few pics to wet your appetite....More to come!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 2:50pm
Another awesome CCFan reunion! As always, great to see all the CC regulars and meet some new ones. Big thank you to Alan and Dana, the Hunters, and Randy for the boat rides and pulls. Can't wait for the next one!   
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 3:02pm
Any guesses on who was sporting these lovely pink Crocs?

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

Any guesses on who was sporting these lovely pink Crocs?

Thats about as easy as it gets.

The only real question is whether theyre his or borrowed (from CQ, of course).
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Thats about as easy as it gets.

The only real question is whether theyre his or borrowed (from CQ, of course).

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 3:24pm
Bump to get on new page...
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 4:23pm

This was Jackie's pose most of the weekend as Adam previously mentioned that his dad was having engine issues.

Mrs. C-Bass getting in some wakesurfing with Joe giving her a lesson or two.

Nashville Sunset before CCFans hit the town.

Only Picture taken of the Aftermath that 'Music City' has to offer. 40+ somethings in the front seat while the 20+ somethings had a little to much Nashville experience...

Sunday at at different calmer locale...

Critter's new ride and teaching his Grandson the finer points of CCFan gathering.

reidp's 'Royal Flush'

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 4:29pm
Who belongs to the blue BFN? 89? Looks like yall had a blast.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
PrettyinRed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyinRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

and for those of you who never been downtown Nashville, I highly recommend it...although, a word of caution: the skyline is nice, but it gets real blurry after 3am...in fact, whoever the architect was on some of the taller buildings must have screwed up, cause it looked like he put 2 of the identical same buldings right next to each other.

A great big thanks to Tim and Kimmy for chauferring us back home that night...even if we had almost given up on ever seeing that durango again. I was sure Nashville was keeping that car.

Ha ha funny that you all found it right where we left it! Anyone who wants to hit Nashville again let me know. Thanks to all you guys that made it a blast! Enjoyed it!
No longer Ms. Scarlett precious cargo!!! ;) right Morfoot?
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 5:19pm
Greg the BFN is KyTom's. I think it's an 83.

Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 7:24pm
All I can say is "ROCKS". Man the whole place was just rocks....

While not having a great father's day weekend, yes, Carrie broke her foot while on the first block's walk downtown. Kinda set the mood for the rest of the trip....

I have to say that PPL is a beautiful body of water.. There were no issues as far as water levels that I noticed.. Even in bays etc.

Those who camped through the TN hurricane, hats off to ya.. Man it really knows how to "summer shower" down there......

It was a pleasure to meet new fans and to always share a few beers with old friends... While not having the typical reunion vibe, it was a great place to visit. Downtown Nashville is just crazy fun.. Pics of Marshall Sat night I'm sure will show up somewhere...haha..

Next time, forget the boats, we'll just meet there !!

Before next reunion notes:
1. Tower Bimini
2. Repack my own wheel bearings (bring more supplies)
3. Hide all of the wife's fancy shoes
4. Bring extra boot binding thumb screws
5. Find out what the hell type of anchor to bring
6. BRING more Beer.. I ran out soon after a problem as a result with #3 above....

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Jllogan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jllogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 7:45pm
ha I can relate to number 4. I have extras because my friend decided to "adjust" them in the water once and lost them in the lake. Its sucks I couldnt be there. Ill just have to look forward to the next one.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 7:58pm
This was on my camera, but I didn't take it. Your guess is as good as mine!

Greg

86 BFN
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 8:25pm
Guess # 1 - Going in one end, being processed and exiting out the exhaust.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 8:39pm
Here are a few that I did take.

Greg

86 BFN
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2012 at 9:25pm
587 miles one way + 1year old camping = WTH was I thinking!!!!
Loved every minute of it.

Was great to meet everyone that I had a chance to. Unfortunately the 1 year old's schedule dictated our schedule while there and we didn't get to join in on most of the group activities.

I want to thank Joe for taking my wife to our tent during the down pour and leaving me stranded in the rain. Boy they were gone a long time.

I want to thank Adam, Big Daddy and their crew for stretching the legs on my '95. If it wasn't for them I would have been hauling all that gas home.

After everything was said and done my wife actually asked on the way home "when is the Salt Fork weekend?"
Sounds like I may see you at Salt Fork.

PS...Does anybody know how to get orange mud out of a white dog????
jackiewdeen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackiewdeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 1:23pm
I quess the picture of Joe, Jerry, and myself summarizes my weekend. They busted their butts to make it run. With the exception of on pass running "north of 45", it was all down hill. Many thanks to them and gun-driver for the timing light, we were successful in ruling things out that could cuse the problems. And how lucky can a boat get: It gets to go visit Joe in NY. Many, Muany thanks.

As Paul would say,"Mama Deen", was very impressed with the peaple that are "cult members drinking the purple koolaid". She now has an appreciation for "it's not about the boats we drive, but the peole who drive them". I wish I could thank each of you personnally, but in my state of frustration, I don't remember most of it. Many thanks to all that madeMama Deen, Sister Deen, Nephew Deen, and College Friend Deen so very welcome. It truly was a Family weekend with a great group of people.

More coming in what I hope is the very near future of the trial and tribulations of "my sick 75 Nautique".
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 6:37pm
Well I managed to screw those up. I will try again.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

All I can say is "ROCKS". Man the whole place was just rocks....

Rocks and no docks!

Although I had a good time and enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting new CCFans, I doubt I will ever return to PPL.There are a lot nicer lakes in TN.
I think a lot was learned about what is needed to have a successful CCFan gathering, and even more so, what's not needed.

A few thoughts:

- The campground had such secluded spots that no one knew where the CCFans were. It would have been great if you wanted privacy, but we came to mingle with other fans and that just wasn't happening on the level it usually does at these events.

- At $14 a night, the price at ARC was right, but I would have gladly paid $30 a night to have a few courtesy docks and less cockroaches in the restrooms... and how about putting some trash cans throughout the campgrounds so people have a place to put their trash? One dumpster at the gate entrance. Really?

- The neighborhood surrounding the campground was a bit sketchy. When I asked the guy at the gatehouse if it would be safe to leave our boats in the water overnight he responded with "probably not a good idea... it's not the folks from out of town we worry about, it's the locals"

- Speaking of locals, I've been to TN a number of times and have always found the people to be overwhelmingly nice and friendly. I ran into more A-holes there than I can count on one hand.(none of them CCFans of course)

- A water park on the lake is great, but only if you feel safe letting your kids go there, which I didn't... besides, who wants to go to a water park and stand in line to ride a tube when you can pull one behind your boat all day?

- An abundance of sail boats in the marinas is usually a good indication that you may be at a good sailing lake but not necessarily good skiing lake.

- Not having a plan can be fun, but when you have 50+ people all going in different directions, a game plan, even a loose one, is helpful.

I don't want to be a downer, but I think this could have gone a lot better.

OK enough bitchin. Lets see some more pics!

C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 7:48pm
You're not a downer Randy, you're just providing constructive feedback for future planning

We hadn't been to any other CCFan events so I can't compare, but I do agree with pretty much all of Randy's points, especially the sailboat part.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

You're not a downer Randy, you're just providing constructive feedback for future planning

We hadn't been to any other CCFan events so I can't compare, but I do agree with pretty much all of Randy's points, especially the sailboat part.

Thanks Craig. It was great meeting you and I hope to catch up with you more at another CCF gathering soon.

You should consider coming out to Salt fork the first weekend of August. A huge SANDY beach where everyone can hang out, electric, water, and nice docks where you can leave your boats and gear and not worry about the locals taking off with it! I can't guarantee the weather will be good, but we will all be able to find each other and toss back a few. The lodge is great too if you don't want to camp and also has plenty of docks available.

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2012 at 8:53pm
All I can say is There's No Place Like Home. We went out with the Malibu dealer and Slingshot boards this morning . Perfect conditions all day. I am thinking about a gathering on Lanier. I will start to do some checking to see what is available maybe late season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 11121314>
  Share Topic