NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone use an Anchor Buddy?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone use an Anchor Buddy?
    Posted: January-11-2012 at 6:54pm

Anchor Buddy by Tuggy Products

Has anyone ever used one of these? I thought it looked like a good solution for when you need to tie up on a rocky shoreline.
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2012 at 7:13pm
Yes, and yes it works great. We go to Dale Hollow and tie off away from the shore, and it works like a charm. When we wade out to get into the boat, it's nice because you can pull it towards the shore and the anchor buddy just stretches. Once everyone is onboard, it'll pull you out to deeper water. Highly recommend.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 1:30am
Randy, I have one and use it all the time.
Especially useful when camping at the lake!
harriss28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harriss28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 1:42am
Ive had one for years.   Works great with 25 # navy anchor. Ive never had any problem with the anchor pulling since the anchor buddy provides some shock absorption. I couldnt go camping without one.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 1:48am

Here is the picture I tried to post above.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by jimsport93 jimsport93 wrote:

Randy, I have one and use it all the time.
Especially useful when camping at the lake!

That's what I was thinking of using it for Jim. Looking at Percy Priest lake where were having the mini reunion, and it appears to be a pretty rocky shoreline. I thought it may be useful for tying the boat out while when we come in for lunch.

It sure would be nice if you could make it up to Tennessee for the mini. It would be nice to finally meet you and our two sports together would make for a really nice pic.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2012 at 10:36pm
Randy, the stern line is tied to a tree. I put a bumper on the boat end of the line and floated out in the lake. Pretty simple to swing in with the boat grab the bumper and line. Then throw the anchor buddy off the bow and pull the boat with the stern line close to shore. Step off the platform into shallow water. The anchor buddy then pulls the boat back out into deeper water. Great peace of mind...especially with the rocky shoreline!
Not sure if I can make up for the mini in Tennessee, but will see what I can do. Would love to meet you. A picture of the two Sports would be great
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2012 at 12:13am
That is pretty cool! I have had the need for that many times since we like to camp, and I am a little anal about beaching the Skier after spending a year restoring it!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2012 at 3:22pm
Keegan, I do not beach the boat either. Here is another shot of how I rigged the line and small bumper off the stern. And yes, that is me on the tube...the only shot you will ever see of me on a tube! We use that tube as a lounging island. And some times will pull my daughters around on it when the water gets too rough to ski!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2012 at 1:11pm

And yes, that is me on the tube...the only shot you will ever see of me on a tube! We use that tube as a lounging island. And some times will pull my daughters around on it when the water gets too rough to ski!

Jim, You don't have to justify the tube to us... Quite a few members here enjoy the fine sport of tubing, take Pete for instance...

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2012 at 7:13pm
just don't trust your anchor buddy to keep the boat away from shore if a wind comes up...it will stretch the bungee out and can push you onto the rocks.
This is the life
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2012 at 10:58pm
Hey Jim, that 1st pic of your boat has got to be a future calendar shot. What a great looking boat, I love the lines of the 2nd gen sport's.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 10:42am
Thanks for the compliment David. She has been a great boat.
Can't wait till spring!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 1:06pm
Looking closer at that picture, do you tie off to the lifting ring? Why not the bow eye?

I went about 6 weeks without thinking about the boats much, find myself now thinking almost every day about some boat project, something I need to order or check on. Only 3 1/2 months, not that I'm counting.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
MAN - GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAN - GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 4:46pm

Here is the picture I tried to post above.

Jim, this looks like the back end of Young Deer - you must have been out there on a Monday night as that water sure is smooth to be Lanier in the summber time
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 4:57pm
Well I may just have to invest in one of these although there's nothing like a good swim.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2012 at 8:52pm
David, I did use the lifting ring. Mainly becuase it is much easier to get to (with my big gut in the way). Also, did not feel it would put too much stress on the lifting ring with the stretching effect of the bungee cord.

Mark, we camped on the backside of Shoal Creek at a Lake Lanier Islands campsite. It was the Thursday, Friday and Saturday the week before Memorial Day weekend. We did have smooth water in the early morning. It was a great camping/boating trip. Looking forward to doing it again this year. Planning on May 16-20.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic