Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GL 2012 "Officially-unofficial" Reunion is set..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL 2012 "Officially-unofficial" Reunion is set..

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 2:41am
Much Better use for corn than putting it in a gas tank.

Mojo and Fam 7/13-7/16 House
1 - Behl (Steve) Bay View 7/12 -7-15
2 - OverMyHead, Hattie Sherwood
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 4:49am
Should be in town several days before and after but will be working 2nd shift Mon - Fri; might be able to get off early Fri.... Will be the first time as a CC owner but the SNOB won't be ready for the water by then. Likely will be able to steal Camp Grow's SkiTique again on Sat.

Mojo and Fam 7/13-7/16 House
1 - Behl (Steve) Bay View 7/12 -7-15
2 - OverMyHead, Hattie Sherwood
3 - 800wildcat and Fam (2) House
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 1:12pm
The BKH family loves this trip, but, unfortunately, it's just not in the schedule this year.

Just learned we qualified for sales club at work. All expenses paid trip to Monte Carlo, or I pay all the expenses trip to Greenlake.   Well . . . it is what it is.

Have a great time. There's always next year.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 2:36pm
I quit working Saturdays but will still have a ski show at 6. Makes very little sense to drive up for less than 24 hrs but I'm still considering it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 11:09am
So is this going to happen, How many are really coming?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 11:32am
I think Green Lake and New England could have
"2012 No Official Reunion" Tee shirts made.

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 12:32pm
1 - Mojo and Fam 7/13-7/16 House
2 - Behl (Steve) Bay View 7/12 -7-15
3 - OverMyHead, Hattie Sherwood
4 - 800wildcat and Fam (2) House[/QUOTE]
5 - 81nautique
6 - RainDog @ house
7 - 67nautique312

Who else? We need to get a few supplies ordered.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2012 at 3:38pm
5 - 81nautique
6 - RainDog @ house
7 - 67nautique312
8 - PLBC and Mrs.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 12:03pm
I know Brian Harlan has a whole posse and 3-4 boats coming. RJ from Milw is also coming. Maybe 15-20 boats are in the mix I believe..

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2012 at 12:36pm
5 - 81nautique
6 - RainDog @ house
7 - 67nautique312
8 - PLBC and Mrs.
9 - Rleinen79 @ guest. Bayview cottage with the Arrighi's

Very excited!
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2012 at 1:50pm
5 - 81nautique
6 - RainDog @ house
7 - 67nautique312
8 - PLBC and Mrs.
10- Thompson's Will arrive late on 7/13 and leave 7/15, Green Lake Inn

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 7:02pm
Will have arrived in GL this time next wk! Is this heat going to continue, it presently is over 100 again in Indy. Anyone heard what the water temp in GL is running, should be warm?
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
TimmyCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmyCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2012 at 7:27pm
I was in Green Lake yesterday for the fourth. I grew up on Green Lake and this is warmest the water has been in my memory.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 1:37am
Water is very nice this year. Were up last weekend and spent hours floating in the puddle. With the high 90's we had all week, I imagine it will be even warmer this weekend.

TimmyCat, you joining in the fun?
TimmyCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmyCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:06pm
I'm going to try to peel myself away from home to join in on the fun for at least one of the two days. I think it'll be great to put some faces to names from the forums. I've been a lurker for awhile, learning what to look for in a boat.

I actually remember seeing the group get togethers on the lake in years past. Now, I can actually join in. I finally popped on a new (to me) '79 Mustang earlier this week and had it out for the first time on the fourth. Ran great and I couldn't be happier.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:19pm
Congrats on the Mustang. What color is it so we can keep an eye out.

Mojo and I are regulars on the lake. His is the SV211 that is red with a gray stripe (there is one with a blue stripe...I still will pull up to that one occasionally). I sold my 2002 all black SAN but can be spotted in the 62 Classic or a beater pontoon with a springboard on the front of it. We always welcome another CC to raft up with us. We are typ. in Norwegian Bay like everyone else.

Make sure to hunt us down and say hi.

-Steve

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:45pm
Was out on the lake all last week and the water was only cold on the south side when you first drop in. Only used a shorty wetsuit. Considering GL and the time of year, it's not cold at all. Finally got to ski to a bit behind the SkiTique; although I'm not very good [can't slalom - any time I try to drop a ski I drop the other real soon afterwards... :)], I had a blast, but was way too sore for the next few days. The white and blue SkiTique belongs to a camp so it's out there often with other drivers on weekdays. Sometimes I'm out there on a red 3 seater pwc with a dark gray hood ['97 Kawasaki STX]. Have a company picnic Sat but will try to make it over to Norwegian Bay late Sat aft.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:48pm
BTW, will there be unofficial speed trials this year? Maybe if the fast boats don't show up the 53 mph SkiTique will move up in the rankings.... :)
TimmyCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmyCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:50pm
The Mustang will be pretty easy to spot. It's probably the only Mustang that doesn't say "Mustang 17" on the side, only the "17". The story goes that the original owner was a Oldsmobile dealer and paid to have "Mustang" removed because he didn't want to be associated with anything having to do with Ford. Anyway, this is what the boat looks like (I hope the link works)...

TimmyCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmyCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:52pm
I guess not...

Here's the link.

Tim's Mustang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 2:59pm
What brand of power is under the hood of that Mustang? Just curious because of the GM preference of that owner.
TimmyCAT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmyCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 3:03pm
Ironically, it's the original FORD 302 4V. I don't get it either
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 8:00pm
Adding Dave and Kelly and kids (Dave is locked out, waiting for a new password from Kieth) - bringing the '70 Barracuda.

5 - 81nautique
6 - RainDog @ house
7 - 67nautique312
8 - PLBC and Mrs.
11- Bentows 7/13 to 7/15, Staying in Ripon

70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2012 at 8:08pm
By the way, the Barracuda was clocked at 50 MPH (GPS) on Coralville a few weeks ago (current may have been helping a bit).

Dave thinks he has a good shot at winning fastest CC at GL this year.
RJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2012 at 1:09am
5 - 81nautique
6 - RainDog @ house
7 - 67nautique312
8 - PLBC and Mrs.
11- Bentows 7/13 to 7/15, Staying in Ripon
12 - RJ & crew - somewhere in the GL area (nothing locked in yet) worst case in the back of the suburban but we'll be there for sure. (friday night - all day sat - maybe sunday)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by 70CC 70CC wrote:

By the way, the Barracuda was clocked at 50 MPH (GPS) on Coralville a few weeks ago (current may have been helping a bit).

Dave thinks he has a good shot at winning fastest CC at GL this year.

If I can get Camp Grow's SkiTique over he'll have about 53 mph to beat. That's what it was GPS'd at in Norwegian Bay in really rough water (for top speed runs) 2 yrs ago at the reunion. Didn't bother GPSing last year 'cause I knew it wasn't enough to place. Be glad it's not my boat - I'd consider a taller pitch prop just for the run. :) I think there's more left in her - it get's there really quick, but I'm not certain if a pitch change would do it. It's turning 5300 rpm at speed right now - it stays real close to 100 rpm per mph all the way up. Anyone have some advice? I wouldn't have time to take it - just really am interested in learning what might help it.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2012 at 7:32pm
Backing out , My thoughts will be there with all of you.

3 - 800wildcat and Fam (2) House[/QUOTE]
4 - 81nautique
5 - RainDog @ house
6 - 67nautique312
7 - PLBC and Mrs.
8 - Rleinen79 @ guest. Bayview cottage with the Arrighi's
19- Thompson's Will arrive late on 7/13 and leave 7/15, Green Lake Inn
10- Bentows 7/13 to 7/15, Staying in Ripon
11 - RJ & crew - somewhere in the GL area (nothing locked in yet) worst case in the back of the suburban but we'll be there for sure. (friday night - all day sat - maybe sunday)
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 1:03pm
Anyone needing a wetsuit out on Big Green now, needs a serious blood transfusion.. Everywhere but the very center, the water is reaching 80+ degrees. The lastest hot spell has also brought some really flat water.. Lets hope the trend continues..

Again, baring any rain, we will have a cook out in the main park, where we'll do another corn broil. The rest is up to what you bring to cook and or share.. We'll have the 6 foot charcoal grill flat top and a gas grill.. There are a couple of small charcoal grills there on site to use as well. If anyone has a small portable grill, that would be great if you could bring it that night...

Beer and wine are allowed in the park as well, so BYOB-it...

Anyone with a volleyball net, that wouldn't mind bringing it, the park is a great place for a friendly game with fellow CCfaners.

Looking forward to see everyone there. I know you'll all enjoy the new boardwalk, new Action Marina, and of course "Da Goose" !!!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2012 at 3:26pm
Other things have been pushed onto my schedule to which I am obligated so I may only make it over late Sat aft and my wife and daughter likely not at all.

3 - 800wildcat
4 - 81nautique
5 - RainDog @ house
6 - 67nautique312
7 - PLBC and Mrs.
8 - Rleinen79 @ guest. Bayview cottage with the Arrighi's
19- Thompson's Will arrive late on 7/13 and leave 7/15, Green Lake Inn
10- Bentows 7/13 to 7/15, Staying in Ripon
11 - RJ & crew - somewhere in the GL area (nothing locked in yet) worst case in the back of the suburban but we'll be there for sure. (friday night - all day sat - maybe sunday)
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2012 at 10:53am
Ok so Green Lake excitement is finally setting in so we've decided to leave tonight after work and spend a night in the campground. Anyone gonna be there for a beer about 1AM?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic