Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - GL 2012 "Officially-unofficial" Reunion is set..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GL 2012 "Officially-unofficial" Reunion is set..

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GL 2012 "Officially-unofficial" Reunion is set..
    Posted: January-18-2012 at 2:57pm
OK Reunion goers.. Many of you have asked if there is a reunion, or some have asked why there isn't an official reunion, so here's the official plan for a Mini Reunion in Green Lake for this 2012 summer.

We will meet in Green Lake the same weekend as always July 13-15th.

Friday Night: Meet where ever, in water, in park, at the camp ground in the Goose Blind.. No boat show. We all know where to find eachother..

Saturday: Afternoon raft up in the Bay as always to enjoy the boats, libations and get the party started. Come nightfall, we plan a BYOM (bring your own meat)cook out in Deacon Mills Park. Grill provided. There you can put up a volleyball net, for Quinner (play corn-hole), whatever, just like back in 2006... We will reserve the park, so it will accommodate as many as decides to come out.. Coolers with beer and wine are allowed in the park, so BYOB.. No kegs, unless you want to bring one HW (wink wink)...

Sunday, do whatever floats your boat. Many of the local guys stay most of the day if not the night.. GL is always great on a Monday morning...

OK, so there you have the official-unofficial mini reunion, semi to no plan set up for GL 2012... No registration, no t-shirt, no dinners, no boat show (that is unless the Hurricane shows up, then it will be in the park, by itself... !!!! Show for 1.

Sorry it's not an elaborate, full blown, event. Maybe next year.. We hope to see the core group who made GL the largest CC reunion in the country and certainly anyone else that would like to come out and spend time on beautiful Green Lake with us for a weekend and never had the chance previously...

Thanks,
Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 2:40am
Dave, sounds perfect, but you were supposed to take the year off. I hope I can make it. If there is anything I can help with let me know. Thanks.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Dave, sounds perfect, but you were supposed to take the year off. I hope I can make it. If there is anything I can help with let me know. Thanks.

We did, once you get there Dave, don't ask me for anything hahahaha... Hell, we're there anyway. It's a "Mini" this year. And you know I'll drink beer with anyone.....

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2012 at 2:40pm
It lives! I knew it would!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2012 at 1:59am
Has anyone spoken with Reggie? I sent an email a week ago but have not had a response.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2012 at 11:47am

Has anyone spoken with Reggie? I sent an email a week ago but have not had a response.

Not sure if she's out of hybernation yet. Not to worry.. Just send her another message...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Not sure if she's out of hybernation yet. Not to worry.. Just send her another message...

Moj'

She may not have her state of the art booking system up and running yet this season!
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2012 at 12:30pm
pick up the phone and call
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2012 at 8:18pm
Site 7 reserved at Hattie Sherwood. Five months and 1 week.
1987 Ski Nautique

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2012 at 6:06pm
Booked the Bay View. Bill said, last room for now because of golf except for the Suite. See you in July!!

Steve
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-15-2012 at 11:31am
I'll try to be there, but may have to "steal" the camp's SkiTique again. Found a boat I'm interested in, but it needs a fair amount of work. Maybe it's time to start praying for my wife so she'll let me make the purchase.   
bigwavedave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwavedave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2012 at 7:25pm
knew you would change you mind see you in july
bigwavedave
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2012 at 9:26pm
We're booked at the Bayview, traveling light this year, no Bounder and just Dana and I. See ya there.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2012 at 12:07am
Good to know I will not be the only one amoung the golfers!
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 1:07pm
Hey Fans,
Just wanted to share with you a major change at Deacon Mills park in GL. The "Warf" project had taken on life in the fall with dredging the entire Dartford bay to accommodate a complete warf like docking system for us boaters. Now the entire park is surrounded by secure boat parking all the way around it. This summer they will finish by adding a hand laid brick sidewalk behind it. Quite the project for little sleepy Green Lake. Those of you coming this summer will be some of the first to use and enjoy the new warf.
Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 1:28pm
What does the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation have to do with docks? Do you know where they are dumping the dredged silt? I'll bring a metal detector and a big magnet, got some keys to find.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 3:08pm
That looks like an awesome enhancement to that bay. Now it's deep enough to do fliers off the new docks!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

What does the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation have to do with docks? Do you know where they are dumping the dredged silt? I'll bring a metal detector and a big magnet, got some keys to find.

No idea, but its a lot of silt to go through. Worse than the whole needle in the haystack thing..

The whole thing started with the Norton family I believe. All privately funded through donation..

Looks nice and functional...
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 5:46pm

its a lot of slit to go through.

NOT A PROBLEM

it's wharf
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

That looks like an awesome enhancement to that bay. Now it's deep enough to do fliers off the new docks!

Wholly crap, I can see Barney now as soon as you pull the ropes out hahaha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 8:38pm
Wow, dredge the whole bay? All the new dockage, I'd say the donors have some really large cruisers to park!

Looks great!
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 2:05am
Booked our room, looking forward to it.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 3:20pm
Open room in boats?

I'm trying to figure out how to make it happen. My wife is one really
driving this. Go Figure. Don't know what she sees in you people anyway.   

BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 4:39pm

Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

Wholly crap, I can see Barney now as soon as you pull the ropes out hahaha

All that's needed is a 101' rope and you're legal.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2012 at 8:09pm
Ok, I know this thread has been neglected, so lets get it back on track.

GL 2012 is alive and well.. new public "warf" as they are calling it at Deacon Mills Park looks really nice. New grass should be in before that, so we should be good to go.

While there are no solid plans where registration is required, we have confirmation for the park on Sat night where we'd like to grill out. We've rented the 60" charcoal, arm hair burner again, so there will be plenty of space to bring your own meet to cook (or we can cook and serve all kinds of different things and serve it together..

While there hasn't been an official list of attendees, I can be safe in saying we will have quite a few boats there, which means GL lives on !!!

Grapevine has it that many will also be flying in, or not bringing boats.. No matter, the "Vag-tique" will be available for partial taxi service to the bay...

I know GL has a left a lasting impression with many of you loyal CCFaners. Hope to hear soon that you are still planning on making it and having a fun, relaxing time..

Any questions drop me a line..

Moj'

PS: The ice went out 2 months early this year.. Water's going to be like a sauna !!! hahaha Even Pete will darn the shorts once again !!!

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 1:07am

en Pete will darn the shorts once again !!!

Is it true that Pete never goes in the water without his Dolce & Gabbana on?
I am sorry to say I can't make it. I have guests arriving at the cottage 7/13.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 2:46am
Bring them with!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2012 at 3:29am
I wish I could, Gary. I would really love to see the boats and meet everyone there. I am certain I know less about CCs than almost anyone here. I could really learn a lot. Just because I have a Mustang doesn't mean I like the other models less. I like the new stuff too, but it's not in the budget. Nothing beats a day of boating, new friends, and watching great skiers/boarders and drivers. Now that I dug into my project a little farther I am sure mine won't be ready by then, but I know the Mustang badge will be well represented in blue. I am trying to do my best on this project and I know I am a pest on the site with all of my questions, but I value all of the advice.
BTW, I am in the garage right now taking a break from foam removal.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 3:15pm
Looking to repeat the corn broil from years past to complement your BBQ in the park Sat night.

Please help us by giving us a heads up on who's coming this year so we know how much corn to get...

Mojo and Fam 7/13-7/16 House
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2012 at 5:18pm
Mojo and Fam 7/13-7/16 House
1 - Behl (Steve) Bay View 7/12 -7-15
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic