Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gator Bait??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2014 at 4:41pm
Great gator pic! My stones aren't big enough to have my hands that close to his feeding end. Agreed on the wetsuit, but it's a shortie in case you guys bring in some of those FL 50s or lower 60s.

Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2014 at 9:44am
The river was butter all day yesterday but is a bit cold. I think I saw the water temps at 66 west of 75. Warmer the further east you go. Its gonna rain today but the end of the week should be good.
Let me know if you need anything while in town and have fun.
John
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2014 at 8:40pm
Good news Rick,I measured 70 degrees in the Caloosahatchee main section this afternoon. Should be all good.
john
Jesus was a bare-footer.............

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2014 at 9:02pm
Thanks for the river updates, John!! Hopefully the FOURTEEN inches of snow we are supposed to get Weds won't hamper Thurs driving. I PM'd you my cell phone number. Give a call if you can spare time for a couple runs.

thanks!

Rick

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2014 at 8:56pm
John, happen to have a pointer to someone to hire for some Gulf Deep sea fishing? thx

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2014 at 10:42am
Thanks for the info on Fishing, John!

we made it out to Cabbage Key yesterday as the winds were down. The guy we parked next to in a fishing rig says "You got a perfect day to bring that boat out here". He's right cuz there are many that are too windy and too rough. Then he says "That's a FAMOUS boat". Obviously the man knew his boats.

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2014 at 6:48pm
Back safe and sound from FL... Another lovely trip.

A very low wind day afforded us a nice trip out to Cabbage Key in the Nautique with plenty of dolphins. Jackie even saw a dolphin in front of the rental house in Cape Coral.

Another day we took the Nautique from the Franklin Locks to the Ortona locks which are 27.9 miles upriver. Next year we might try for Okeechobee which is another 15 miles upriver from Ortona. I understand there is a restaurant in Clewiston on the water named Scotty's Tiki Bar at the Roland Marina. It's another 5 or 10 miles. If we headed out early enough that might be doable.

We hit a local car show and museum another day at Rick Tworgey's Muscle Car City. Also did a nice little hike nearby where we saw a big 12 foot+ gator and respected the "Do Not Approach Gator" signs. Also walked around a place on Charlotte Harbor called "fisherman's wharf". No fishermen are there anymore, just foo-foo shops.

Other than that we just skied out collective asses off!

It was awesome...

1964 American Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic